Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
merusdraconis
merusdraconis

7/25/2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bLpcBoxT8

My, this is curious.

On the one hand, a live-action trailer that's this unsettling would make sense for a game that is 'Failbettery down to its bones'; on the other, the writing associated with this trailer is not the kind of quality I'd expect from Failbetter.
+4 link
Jacob Stone
Jacob Stone

7/25/2014
Somehow, the gentleman at 0:20 almost makes me believe.

Also, a tip from my inner conspiracy-theorist: the resemblance between wallpaper patterns in that episode and on the FL authorization page is more than a coincidence.

In all seriousness, though, it's unlikely to be the thing. But I am intrigued.

--
Jacob Stone, the Inconspicuous Sojourner

A word to those on the Surface: Jacob and I come from a distant land. English is not our mother tongue. Embarrassment is inevitable.
+2 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

7/25/2014
Okay, so it's definitely from BioWare. And we know that Failbetter definitely has some amount of interest in dreams, and in what happens when people are asleep.

This /could/ be it, and I would not be disappointed if it wasn't.
0 link
Tara Dresbach
Tara Dresbach

7/25/2014
Even if it is the project, we shouldn't judge based on the quality of writing for the teaser. I doubt that Failbetter wrote the teaser, assuming that this has anything to do with the super secret project.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Tara~Dresbach
+3 link
tbeaz161
tbeaz161

7/25/2014
As soon as I saw the trailer I thought Failbetter, in fact I rushed here to see if others thought so aswell ;p
0 link
Snowskeeper
Snowskeeper

7/25/2014
Watched the trailer a few more times and buzzed around the internet a little; it seems that more information is going to be revealed in August, at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. Considering that Failbetter is currently devoting most of their time to Sunless Sea, I find it difficult to believe that this is the FB/BW project. It's still /possible/, though, and I really hope it is.

• edited by Snowskeeper on 7/25/2014
  • +1 link
    mayexist
    mayexist

7/25/2014
    Eurogamer:
    Internet sleuths have spotted the file name for an image in BioWare's email to be named "ShadowRealms_Teaser_video.jpg".If Shadow Realms is the title, it would fit with an EA trademark filed back on 28th February for the same name - just a day after Fallen London developer Failbetter Games teased that it was working on a project with BioWare.

Still, let's wait and see. For the moment "there appears to be some kind of ARG running with more clues to the game - police reports for a missing person named Henna Caplin, as well as a website for a fake college - the Woods-Watson Institute of Higher Learning".

--
    +1 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

7/25/2014
    https://twitter.com/alexiskennedy/status/492770047333773312

HOLY CRAP.
    +4 link
    hyperion122
    hyperion122

7/25/2014
    yes yes yes i so hope this is happening

• so looking at the core listings offered at the fake college some of the electives sound fishy "fighting entries not there" (masters) "bringing technology to those who refuse it"( Fallen London is in the 19th century) " decrypting hieroglyphs" (Correspondence anyone) " analyzing civilizations of the past" (1st 2nd 3rd and 4th cities) "Non Newtonian fluids"(F.F. Gebrandt's tonics are unusual) and a strange fascination with the mythological, ancient, and 1900s.

My theory is that time passes differently in the Neath and down in London it is still the 1900s but above on the Surface it is today and that this school trains "chosen" people to fight the Masters and the Bazzar and help know the 19th century London they might venture into. To me this makes perfect sense and it explains why that girl is missing she is underground in the Neath or in an alternate world one maybe accessed through dreams. I don't know but I'm intrigued.

• ORRRR maybe they are traveling back to the past using memories and dreams to stop the fall of london or of the other cities because their are a lot of classes focused on psychology and controlling the mind. This makes sense as if their going to travel back they need to fit in so all the electives about 19th century and ancient civilizations and classes about war and historical figures makes sense.

• I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS I CANT HELP IT
  • edited by hyperion122 on 7/25/2014

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/hyperion122
  • 0 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

7/25/2014
    At this point, I find it more likely that this game will not take place in the Fallen London 'verse at all. Its name is /probably/ Shadow Realms, since EA copyrighted it shortly after Failbetter announced that they were working with Bioware.
    +3 link
    WormApotheote
    WormApotheote

7/25/2014
    A friend linked me to this video last night and mentioned the connection, although I'm not sure what information they were basing the conclusion that they were connected on. (Beyond I mean, the obvious speculation.)

--
    No, I don't pull the Eater of Names.
    0 link
    Ridiculus Undarke
    Ridiculus Undarke

7/26/2014
    Snowskeeper wrote:
    Considering that Failbetter is currently devoting most of their time to Sunless Sea, I find it difficult to believe that this is the FB/BW project. It's still /possible/, though, and I really hope it is.

Yes, they are probably utterly devoted to Sunless Sea at the moment (which lasts a couple of months, now), but they worked on the Mysterious Project for a couple of years - perhaps they finished their part of the job some time ago.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ridiculus
    +1 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

7/27/2014
    Ridiculus Undarke wrote:
    Snowskeeper wrote:
    Considering that Failbetter is currently devoting most of their time to Sunless Sea, I find it difficult to believe that this is the FB/BW project. It's still /possible/, though, and I really hope it is.

Yes, they are probably utterly devoted to Sunless Sea at the moment (which lasts a couple of months, now), but they worked on the Mysterious Project for a couple of years - perhaps they finished their part of the job some time ago.

• That would explain it! Well, there's the last of my doubt gone.
  • 0 link
    KatarinaNavane
    KatarinaNavane

7/28/2014
    In the class description for 'diplomatic protocols of ancient civilizations" on the college website it says "To achieve harmony, all parties in a cultural exchange must show proper respect and foreknowledge of each other’s nuances. An effective diplomat is aware of all traditions behind a negotiation, which is especially challenging when compromising with multi-millennial political entities. This class is a requirement for students applying to act as liaison with the Radiant Empires."

Multi millennial political entities... Sound familiar?
    edited by KatarinaNavane on 7/28/2014

--
    Storynexus sn Katarina Navane.

My art page (much of which is dark, Victorian, and/or full of tentacles): http://www.facebook.com/demonkittydesigns
    +1 link
    hyperion122
    hyperion122

7/28/2014
    Snowskeeper wrote:
    At this point, I find it more likely that this game will not take place in the Fallen London 'verse at all. Its name is /probably/ Shadow Realms, since EA copyrighted it shortly after Failbetter announced that they were working with Bioware.

Yeah I sort of knew that if failbetter had made this game it would not be related to FL ( although a FL game would be the best )but I mean whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome!

• --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/hyperion122
  • 0 link
    Aximillio
    Aximillio

7/29/2014
    Enthusiastic Urchin: the Postman's Pleasure
    Suppose we could send you small and surprising somethings through the real-world mail every two-three months - physical Fallen London newspaper clippings, coins, or tiny trinkets, for instance. Would you be interested?
    (This is not related to any rumours about possible Failbetter projects which may have been in the news lately.)

Count that as confirmation?

--
    Want to know the chance of beating that luck check? See this link for more info.
    All boxes welcome. See this thread for more info!

No tournament or photographer invites, please.
    +1 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

7/29/2014
    At present, I'm inclined to believe that disclaimer. Still very interesting, though.
    0 link
    Aximillio
    Aximillio

7/29/2014
    Yep, but the fact that there *is* a disclaimer suggests that the project is related to FBG.

--
    Want to know the chance of beating that luck check? See this link for more info.
    All boxes welcome. See this thread for more info!

No tournament or photographer invites, please.
    0 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

7/29/2014
    Aximillio wrote:
    Yep, but the fact that there *is* a disclaimer suggests that the project is related to FBG.

Depends what is 'recently' in FB terms. The original Bioware news isn't ancient.

--
    Note: Not as grumpy as sounds. Loves arguing. Doesn't actually hate you.
    "Ever-Spockean"
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin
    0 link
    Mordaine Barimen
    Mordaine Barimen

7/29/2014
    I just wish that the Urchin had been more precise in what sort of thing it had considered as qualifying as "Impressive," for example.

--
    I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
    +2 link