Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Fate-Locked Content Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

10/11/2017
phryne wrote:
I bought the Long-Lost Daughter story and am now at the point where it's "Time to Decide if you Trust your Daughter".

I already know that trusting her leads to an opportunity to keep her as a companion, which is what I want. I don't know about the other path though. Will not trusting her definitely lock me out of acquiring A Daughter in the Shadows?

It would be more in character not to trust her, but I bought the story pretty much only to get that companion...

From what I remember, I chose not to trust her, and still had the opportunity later to keep her as a companion.

But it's been years, so there's a chance I misremember my choice there.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10/11/2017
So I just went back to the start of the game with an alt - meeting the Loquacious Vicar and all those fellows anew. I realized that two of the storylets based around the Loquacious Vicar and the Ragged Medicant (the Watchful patron) have special options if you are a member of the soul trade. There was also an option to talk to the Green-Eyed Devil, and an opportunity to acquire him right on the spot (instead of waiting until you acquire a Brass Embassy Sanctum; it does cost 10 more fate, however). Do any of these do anything particularly unique or noteworthy, or are they mostly check skips?

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/12/2017
Iirc having one of the two devil companions gives a guaranteed Searing Enigma, as opposed to the regular option which gives one only on a rare success.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Responding to Christmas Cards with Cider for the holidays! Fogscape with Tentacles and Beguiling Predatory Vegetable preferred.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

10/12/2017
@phryne -- I certainly did not trust that person claiming to be a daughter of mine. And yet she still hangs around...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jermion
+1 link
Lamia Lawless
Lamia Lawless

10/17/2017
Lamia Lawless wrote:
Did anyone play through that storyline with the Regretful Soldier where you dream you're on one of the slave rowed triremes? Can I please get echoes from results in that dream where the player did NOT punch the guy driving the slaves? (Punching him was fun, but I think I might have missed out on more pertinent text because of it.)

I am happy to report that I was able to find the results by using the key words "fallen london mantelpiece dream yourself onto Hell's flagship" in a search engine. If anyone wants to see the result of my choice, drop me a PM and I'll share the echo. It's not very lore-ish, but it WAS fun.

--
The Harmonic Hellfarer
0 link
maleclypse
maleclypse

10/19/2017
Are we supposed to know who is the Profoundly Educated Gentleman? "Later [1 x Profoundly Educated Gentleman]"

The map-mask is astonishing. Is that the entire Elder Continent? A scrawl of silver rivers – an abyssal gash for the mouth – a diamond carbuncle for the Mountain of Light. Whoever this man is, he has expensive tastes: and now those tastes apparently include you. "My preference often runs to devils," he confesses, "but it does me no good. I would love to do this again... if you don't mind me staying masked. Or keeping the lights off."

--
Maintaining a controlling interest in my soul requires a pretty constant negotiation between the various shareholder interests. Thankfully the Fingerkings 23% control makes a pretty good foil to unite the other factions enough to get to 51%.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Maleclypse
+1 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

10/19/2017
If you right-click the image to copy its address and paste it somewhere you can find the answer. smile

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/19/2017
maleclypse wrote:
Are we supposed to know who is the Profoundly Educated Gentleman? "Later [1 x Profoundly Educated Gentleman]"

Iirc he's the Provost of Summerset. Like a few other companions of major characters, it's only implied who he is.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Responding to Christmas Cards with Cider for the holidays! Fogscape with Tentacles and Beguiling Predatory Vegetable preferred.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

10/19/2017
The image url confirms it explicitly.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

10/19/2017
I recently played through Secrets Framed in Gold, and I stopped at the point that would have broken off my acquaintance with the Forger. Does anyone have the ending echoed? I had heard great things about the story, but I didn't realize how far I needed to press on to see it.

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
+1 link
Màiread
Màiread

10/19/2017
My echoes for the Unpleasant Person path start here (all done in the name of a certain destiny, alas): http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Màiread?fromEchoId=4277335

I didn't do any of the really mean options to force him to continue so it isn't a complete archive of all the story options, but you'll get the secret nonetheless.

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently seeking calling cards.
+3 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

10/19/2017
Thanks much, and congrats on your passionate destiny!

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
+1 link
Patrick Li
Patrick Li

10/20/2017
Greetings friends. So awhile ago I was banished from the Empress' Court (Sad times). However when the Veteran Privy Councillor made the offer to me to get myself thrown out, I noticed an 8 fate-locked option that would give a clue about his true intention. I did the other option, spending some identities and insights, but I was unable to pursue the fate-locked option as I am not a fate user ;-; . Would anyone here be willing to send me a PM containing the text or perhaps a summary of the result?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Patrick%20Li
0 link
Trilby
Trilby

10/24/2017
Could someone explain to me how some individuals were able to get "Something is wrong here."
edited by Agent 'Trilby' on 10/24/2017

--
|````^"""""""""""""""""""'^```|
|__________________________|
+1 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

10/24/2017
Trilby wrote:
Could someone explain to me how some individuals were able to get "Something is wrong here."
edited by Agent 'Trilby' on 10/24/2017

Try posting this in the weekly question thread; you're more likely to get an answer there.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
0 link
The Curious Watcher
The Curious Watcher

10/26/2017
I've recently made my first trip to Flute Street, and it seems to clear up a few details about what the Rubbery Men are doing and some of their thoughts regarding Londoners, but there are still a few details that I hope that someone could answer:

1. What is the relationship between the Flukes, Lorn Flukes, and Londoners? Do the Flukes and Lorn Flukes work with each other to plan London's destruction? Why would Flukes and the Rubbery Men put up with harsh living conditions and discrimination when communicating and trading with the people of London (besides the fact that they need vitality via amber trade)?

2. What is the purpose of collecting vitality and shaping life besides creating more Rubbery Men? It seems that with the creation of the Rubbery Hound that they are experimenting with creating different life forms, but for what purpose? What do they gain from all of this experimentation?

3. What do Rubbery Men lack? They stated that they are prevented from doing something that humans are capable of doing, and are very resentful over it. It seems to have something to do with their lack of culture and art given the barren amber foreground.

If anyone can answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Den Blackwell,
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Den%20Blackwell
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

10/26/2017
I felt this is a bit toeing the fate locked spoiler line, so I'm sending a PM.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10/26/2017
After a VERY long time (like, months at least) I had the opportunity to Dream Myself Aboard a Hellish Trireme. I chatted with the driver, of course, but can someone provide echoes of the other options? And, will i have an opportunity to do this again? Judging from the reward I got I suspect not...

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
0 link
VioletBandit
VioletBandit

10/27/2017
Speaking of Rubbery Men, the Eldest Daughter just informed me that her mother wishes to send the youngest child away to a Rubbery household. Was that just a thought she had in a moment of exhaustion, or have there been any mentions of Rubbery Men actually taking human children? This intrigued me because I presume that if they really do take children, the purpose would be to reshape them, but I have never seen a Rubbery Child. I understand if this can't be answered in detail, but I just wanted to know if there has been any previous allusion to children being given to Rubbery Men.

--
Violet Bandit, my main account. Extraordinary Mind and player of the Marvellous.

Dauntless Damsel, my alt. Shattering Force and Vake hunter.
0 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

10/28/2017
general EF question:

I've been unlocking and saving EF stories for months and months now, because I haven't really been playing. I just finished The Persona Engine, and I'm told to return to my Study to contemplate an item -- but I have no study. Does unlocking the EF stories not _also_ preserve the hub storylet for the Season? Because that's kind of a bummer.

--
DO NOT send requests for Parabolan Kittens; my Panther needs a break.

Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
0 link