Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Fate-Locked Content Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

7/13/2017
From your journal, looks like you chose the ending where the Graduate continues managing the enterprise, so you may need the Society card.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
hellaGumshoe
hellaGumshoe

7/13/2017
I think I'm going to play Flint, soon, and I've heard some murmurings about a bit where you choose a friend to go... "somewhere" with. I've seen it mentioned that you could bring Silas from Christmas, the Regretful soldier, or some others, and I just wanted to ask a few questions about that bit, specifically.

Do you only get to take one/do you only do that part of the story once? Does anything bad happen to who you bring? Does anything good happen to who you bring? Do different things happen depending on who's there/does your buddy drastically change anything?

Honestly, hearing about the expedition part of Flint is what pushed me over the edge to want to do it, because I love little bits in games where minor/obscure stuff you've done can have a little effect on something, especially in relation to characters or relationships.
edited by hellaGumshoe on 7/13/2017

--
Hey, it's Gummy, the greatest rapper of the 19th century. Very roughly a lawful neutral.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/13/2017
You can only choose one deputy per playthrough. Bad things can happen to them depending on your decisions. Good things can happen depending on your decisions, though without mechanical effects. Different things happen story-wise but not mechanically.

If you're specifically interested in the expedition, keep in mind that the Fallen London reworks will include an expansion of the Dilmun Club content. According to Alexis Kennedy's commentary, one of the reasons for writing such a large ES is that content like the expedition could be reused for other storylines like the Dilmun Club. While it could take a while, there is a chance the expedition will appear outside Flint in the near future. (Though that wouldn't involve choosing a deputy.)

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

+2 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

7/13/2017
Speaking of Flint, I still would like to hear the end of the Huz content there, how you end up getting them settled. (I've seen the echo but not the text leading to it, so I don't actually know what they're doing or wear)

I also very much would like to see what happens if you [spoiler]keep the knife first off and then refuse to hand it over when you meet the Patroness again.[/spoiler]

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+1 link
DonaghyLogan
DonaghyLogan

7/13/2017
I recently managed to get ahold of 48 Fate, and I'm wondering which Fate-locked storyline to purchase with it. I've already acquired Flute Street, Theological Husbandry, and The Haunting at the Marsh-House, all of which I enjoyed. I'm looking for something a bit creepy, along the lines of Marsh-House, but a little longer. My unmodified stats are Watchful 206, Persuasive 200, Shadowy 168, and Dangerous 147. Any advice?
edited by DonaghyLogan on 7/13/2017

--
http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/DonaghyLogan - An eccentric, ambitious professor with a quite frankly unreasonable number of pets
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/13/2017
Try the gift.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
rahv7
rahv7

7/14/2017
DonaghyLogan wrote:
I'm wondering which Fate-locked storyline to purchase

You could take a look here to get suggestions...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/rahv7
0 link
rahv7
rahv7

7/14/2017
Yeah wrote:
suinicide wrote:
It gives you a new option on a faction card, I think criminals.

After getting such card, I can confirm this is not the case. Perhaps my ending locked me out of it, or perhaps it's on a different card. Looks like I have to wait and see.

Just wanted to say that I have the option on the "Park & Palace: Society"-card.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/rahv7
0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

7/14/2017
There's a "saint on the roof" at the foreign office. It's the Vake aka Mr Veils, right?

--
Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Always open to some delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring. My Time, the Healer arrives on Saturdays at 14:30 GMT
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/15/2017
Yes. The Face sings for him and the Teeth make sacrifices.

--

+1 link
crazyroosterman
crazyroosterman

7/15/2017
so this is a little random but....
im playing the chimney pot wars I've made an alliance with the regiment and the knotted socks but ive run into a problem.

you see ive got plan of attack at full and mischief down to zero but I cant find the option to directly attack the fisher kings or the naughts and crosses.

is this a bug or is there something important im missing?.
0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

7/15/2017
Optimatum wrote:

Thank you, thank you. Is there anything about this connection to the Foreign Office in the Bag a Legend ambition?

--
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Always open to some delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring. My Time, the Healer arrives on Saturdays at 14:30 GMT
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/15/2017
Anchovies wrote:
Optimatum wrote:

Thank you, thank you. Is there anything about this connection to the Foreign Office in the Bag a Legend ambition?

Not that I can remember, but it's been quite a long time since I finished that, so I could have forgotten something.

--

0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

7/16/2017
Somehow, I ended up not journaling the visit to the roof-top with the Face. Does anyone have a link to an echo of that encounter?

--
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

7/17/2017
I'm currently on an expedition for a Temple of Uttermost Wind. Airs of the Forgotten Quarter has only presented one chance to speak with the priest. My archaeologist's progress is at 30. Is there a way to cycle Airs which won't waste expedition supplies? It is very strange to pay Fate and then only have a chance of actually getting the content I paid for, based on the results of a random number generator. If I run out of supplies, then whoops! I have to finish the expedition and pay more Fate to start over, or pay Fate for a supply cache to get a few more chances of accessing the content which I had already purchased.

--
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

0 link
Jeremy Avalon
Jeremy Avalon

7/17/2017
There is not a way to cycle Airs for no cost, because constantly rerolling for "A sign?" would become very dominant and remove all risk from the equation.

I have not done the Temple of Uttermost Wind in a while, so I'm mostly unqualified to comment on the rest of your post, but I do know that the 7 Fate also covers the encounter with the Priest at the end of the Expedition, as well as the higher-value Unpredictable Treasure.

--
The Licentious Ludologist, a delightful gentleman of indiscriminate and eternal appetites.

My Guide to Notability, Making Waves, and BDR

Rigor Mortis, a web comic about three little undead girls and their search for friendship and decent Wi-Fi in Hell. If you like the more comedic and humane side of FL, you might like it.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/17/2017
If you just need a different Airs value, can't you just Seek some Curios and Secrets? Unless the Airs values you need are the same as A Sign, because I'm pretty sure Seeking Curios and Secrets can't give those values anymore.
edited by Optimatum on 7/17/2017

--

0 link
Jeremy Avalon
Jeremy Avalon

7/17/2017
No; Seeking Curios and Secrets is locked while on an Expedition.

--
The Licentious Ludologist, a delightful gentleman of indiscriminate and eternal appetites.

My Guide to Notability, Making Waves, and BDR

Rigor Mortis, a web comic about three little undead girls and their search for friendship and decent Wi-Fi in Hell. If you like the more comedic and humane side of FL, you might like it.
0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

7/17/2017
Eh, fair enough. I'll make it my character's problem; shame I didn't get more time to talk to that priest. Why did he want the Egg? Perhaps I'll have to find him again someday. Onwards to the next expedition!

This ophidian fellow, though... I want as little to do with him as possible. Give up one of my questions? He can kiss my kingscale boots.

--
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/17/2017
Anchovies wrote:

This ophidian fellow, though... I want as little to do with him as possible. Give up one of my questions? He can kiss my kingscale boots.

It's more of a personal preference, since the three questions are effectively three Uncanny Incunabulum in the end - you don't get to see what questions they are, nor answers. They are generic knowledge money fodder, basically.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link