Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Fate-Locked Content Messages in this topic - RSS

Lou Grace
Lou Grace

4/3/2017
So I have a question about Seeking; not sure if I should ask this here or in the Seeking thread, but by any chance could someone tell me what the 40 Fate option to get St. Beau's Candle does? A PM is fine if it can't go on the forums.

--
Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, most recently of Fallen London, open to most social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.
+1 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

4/4/2017
I am about to try out my first Fate Expedition. Seeing as I have exactly seven Fate left, I have a choice. So, in order to solve this dilemma, I decided to ask people here. Which one do you think has more interesting lore, better rewards, etc?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Matija%20Milošević

"And she held her sword, and she smiled like a knife.”

Finally, I am Crooked Cross! Feel free to send invitations for Salon!
As of June 5th, 1895, I am London's newest Legendary Charisma!

The current progress in collecting the number of Souls equal to the population of Belgrade in 2011: 30956/1 639 121
+1 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/4/2017
The gallery of serpents has better rewards, but I think the other one has better lore.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone

4/9/2017
I completed the temple of the uttermost wind expedition and I quite enjoyed it. However I did not obtain the item that was promised. Is there anyway to actually get it by choosing a different option upon replaying the story?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/9/2017
Lou Grace wrote:
So I have a question about Seeking; not sure if I should ask this here or in the Seeking thread, but by any chance could someone tell me what the 40 Fate option to get St. Beau's Candle does? A PM is fine if it can't go on the forums.

The 40 Fate option gets you St. Beau's Candle. That's it.

IgnatuStone wrote:
I completed the temple of the uttermost wind expedition and I quite enjoyed it. However I did not obtain the item that was promised. Is there anyway to actually get it by choosing a different option upon replaying the story?

The only way to get the special item is taking it against the Priest's wishes. Resetting the story also resets your decision of whether or not to abide by his wishes.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
GoingFTL
GoingFTL

4/10/2017
What does the 'A spirifer?' option give you, for the 'Rob a Drunk' in spite?
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/11/2017
You get odds and ends plus a chance at a Brilliant Soul. For anyone not in the early-game, the primary value is in the lore.

--

0 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

4/12/2017
I have missed out three stories that were before Clay Man Arm (Twelve Fifteen To Moloch Street, Persona Engine andCentury Exhibition, I believe?). Are these worth purchasing now?

--

The current progress in collecting the number of Souls equal to the population of Belgrade in 2011: 30956/1 639 121
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

4/12/2017
I'd rate the 12:15 very highly. The Century Exhibition, looking back, was very hectic, I recall. The exhibition itself was fascinating and it's a good idea to spend ample time exploring everything in detail. The Persona Engine, if I remember correctly, has decisions some found uncomfortable, but the story is good. I recommend reading the threads on each one to make up your mind. Even the dodgy search function here should be able to turn them up.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/12/2017
I'd agree with the above assessment overall. The Persona Engine was a good story with interesting mechanics, and one ending gave a unique Home Comfort, but a couple choices could be potentially distressing. The 12:15 was an excellent story with great characters and some very unique lore, but a bit linear by nature of the genre. The Century Exhibition had some interesting text but was pretty disorganized and light on actual story. The season conclusion had some very interesting lore.

--

0 link
Tofan Bogdan
Tofan Bogdan

4/16/2017
At Five minutes to midday I gave the revolutionary to the constables. I got the reward an antique constable badge and the record of hell triemes. I seem to be stuck there. In the fate tab the story doesn't appear to be able to reset. How can I continue the story? Where to go?: All of my qualities linked with the story it makes that I finished the story.

--
My profile http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Tofan%20Bogdan
I would love actions that increases making waves. I mean increases making waves. All other social outside of malus actions.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/18/2017
There's an epilogue on the Hell card if the revolutionary does succeed. Have you looked at the various faction cards recently?

--

0 link
Rasvarmo
Rasvarmo

4/19/2017
Tofan Bogdan wrote:
At Five minutes to midday I gave the revolutionary to the constables. I got the reward an antique constable badge and the record of hell triemes. I seem to be stuck there. In the fate tab the story doesn't appear to be able to reset. How can I continue the story? Where to go?: All of my qualities linked with the story it makes that I finished the story.
I think I chose the same option. Did you hand the revolutionary over very soon after the story started? If so, I remember there being an option on the Docks card about some protests going on. That option lingered for a few draws of the Docks card. After clicking on that option around 3 times, it went away and I think the story officially ended for me.

--
Rasvarmo - a lady of distinction and ambition. Open to social exchanges.

"No records. No writings. Words can be treacherous. If a story is important, it will be remembered."
0 link
Neel Falas
Neel Falas

4/23/2017
I have a question concerning USFiG. Having decided to shoot for the Passion destiny for RP reasons, I was wondering how long I would have to keep, uh...persuading the Repentant Forger. Because my USFiG is currently 12, and I believe it needs to be 54? I know it's the only way to get Passion, but it's really heart-wrenching to have to keep doing this...

--
Neel Falas: Former naval doctor, seeks to avenge her brother's murder, fascinated by the Bazaar.
Lethe Ames: PI, Vake-hunter, mystery seeker. Doomed to go North.
Ireni Lynd: Notoriously promiscuous heiress. Wants to find something money can't buy.
Myra Jones: Seasoned cat burglar, always looking for a bigger, better score.
0 link
BlabberingMat
BlabberingMat

4/23/2017
Neel Falas wrote:
I have a question concerning USFiG. Having decided to shoot for the Passion destiny for RP reasons, I was wondering how long I would have to keep, uh...persuading the Repentant Forger. Because my USFiG is currently 12, and I believe it needs to be 54? I know it's the only way to get Passion, but it's really heart-wrenching to have to keep doing this...

You have to go all the way through it, I am afraid...

--

0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/23/2017
Neel Falas wrote:
Because my USFiG is currently 12, and I believe it needs to be 54?

You don't need to keep pushing him for 42 levels worth, if that's what you're concerned about. When you finish the quality will jump up quite a lot of levels.

--

0 link
Neel Falas
Neel Falas

4/23/2017
Optimatum wrote:

You don't need to keep pushing him for 42 levels worth, if that's what you're concerned about. When you finish the quality will jump up quite a lot of levels.

Oh phew, thanks! Yes, that's what I meant.

--
Neel Falas: Former naval doctor, seeks to avenge her brother's murder, fascinated by the Bazaar.
Lethe Ames: PI, Vake-hunter, mystery seeker. Doomed to go North.
Ireni Lynd: Notoriously promiscuous heiress. Wants to find something money can't buy.
Myra Jones: Seasoned cat burglar, always looking for a bigger, better score.
0 link
Yeah
Yeah

4/25/2017
So, I've already gone through and purchased all the 'Essential' fate content, such as Flute Street and the Labrynth continuation, so with the next time I purchase fate I intend to delve into the EF storylines, and pick out a few of them that seem interesting.

So, my question is this; I notice that most of the EF stories are sorted into 'seasons', and completing the trio of stories in each season gives you a little bonus gift. To be eligable for this gift, do I merely have to complete all the content in a season, or do I have to do each of the three stories during that season?

--
Yeah Man - A Bleeding-heart hoarder of curiosities.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/25/2017
You only need to complete all three stories.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
rahv7
rahv7

5/4/2017
Optimatum wrote:
The Persona Engine was a good story with interesting mechanics, and one ending gave a unique Home Comfort...

I was of the impression that I knew all the possible rewards.
What home comfort do you mean? Is it possible that you are referring to the Semi-Autonomous Scrutinising Machine available from Mr Hearts during Christmas? Because that is not dependent on having played the Persona Engine.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/rahv7
0 link