Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
Lady Eris
Lady Eris

2/25/2014
Oh my. *fans self*

--
Lady Eris Psmith, Society darling, devoted wife. Dangerous when crossed. Accepts most social invitations. Distributor of Parabolan Kittens. Welcomes new acquaintances, especially those who write 'in character'.

William Templeton, Viscount Manningham, newcomer, gentleman, all-round good egg - accepting absolutely all invitations.
0 link
Beggar_with_a_thousand_Hats
Beggar_with_a_thousand_Hats

2/27/2014
Bioware and Failbetter? While i'm not so green as to imagine a Storynexus Fallout game, i'm certainly intrigued. My congratulations, for taking that quirky indie dev bioware under your learned wing.

• --
    Ah! What use are a hundred hearts to he with a thousand heads!?

Feel free to send a calling card. No longer interested in trailing the Affluent Photographer... but will take boxed cats. Also interested in menace reduction swaps and Second Chance grinds.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Floyd~Tarrant
  • +2 link
    Playersideblog
    Playersideblog

2/27/2014
    I can only imagine the publicity and exposure that BioWare is going to get from this! wink

--
    My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
    +4 link
    OPG
    OPG

2/28/2014
    Wow, I am simultaneously thrilled, terrified, and hyped. I'm one of those grumps who think what Bioware's been doing since 2010 has been 90% abysmal and 10% pretty good, but nevertheless I'm really looking forward to this. Doubly so if it's related to Jade Empire.

Plus, this would be a pretty cool way to get attention.

--
    overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
    +1 link
    Sir Jason Splendor the Third
    Sir Jason Splendor the Third

3/10/2014
    This will certainly be much better then an Ubergoat. Maybe better then even a Heptagoat! I look forward to the magnificent creation that is being created.

--
    A sad man: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/JasonSplendorTheThird
    I welcome second chances and menace reductions.
    I do not accept any sort of cats in boxes, or anything that has to do with that photographer.
    I also welcome calling cards.
    0 link
    Playersideblog
    Playersideblog

3/10/2014
    Sir Jason Splendor the Third wrote:
    This will certainly be much better then an Ubergoat. Maybe better then even a Heptagoat! I look forward to the magnificent creation that is being created.

What if it is the Heptagoat?

• --
    My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
  • 0 link
    Mordaine Barimen
    Mordaine Barimen

3/10/2014
    Goats of the Iron Republic, the game!

--
    I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
    +4 link
    nopn1234
    nopn1234

3/10/2014
    THTE GAME THEY MAKE is going to be awesome of it is a game

--
    My main accont is nopn12 (http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/nopn12) . ALT is light thief(http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/light~thief)
    0 link
    Playersideblog
    Playersideblog

3/11/2014
    Mordaine Barimen wrote:
    Goats of the Iron Republic, the game!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass Effect

• --
    My profile

• 0 link
    Zeek
    Zeek

3/12/2014
    Beggar_with_a_thousand_Hats wrote:
    Bioware and Failbetter? While i'm not so green as to imagine a Storynexus Fallout game, i'm certainly intrigued. My congratulations, for taking that quirky indie dev bioware under your learned wing.

• Ummmm....Fallout is Bethesda, not Bioware. Bioware's Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic etc.

• --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Zeel - Zeel, also known as the Hollow Hellion. A soulless, heartless, empty individual who will only deal with those who are advantageous to him.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jass The Sly Socialite, or the Devious Rogue, depending where you see her. Jass lives a double life, alternating between the God-fearing, popular socialite and one of the many crime-lords of London.
  • +2 link
    Cedric Appleby
    Cedric Appleby

3/22/2014
    Yes.

That is all.

--

That is, in fact, a beak. Tea is difficult.

@21stCenturyBird on Twitter. -- In-game profile.
    0 link
    arashi_neko
    arashi_neko

3/23/2014
    Well! There's something to keep space in the budget for!

... Okay, considering my sad opinion of Bioware's writing lately, Failbetter can only do better. Or literally fail better. *is very excited*
    +1 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

7/22/2014
    The current link appears to direct users to an incredibly old and not-the-post-they-meant post, so here's the original link: http://www.failbettergames.com/project-redacted/
    0 link
    Demut
    Demut

9/28/2014
    Am I really the only one who, after the initial excitement, is rather skeptical about this whole thing? Under EA’s aegis BioWare has gotten worse and worse over the years. They are not what they used to be.
    I mean don’t get me wrong: Obviously, I, too, see that this collaboration with BioWare could enable Failbetter Games to realize a project far above their current means (although, with Sunless Sea on the way to its full release, they might be able to take on projects of similar size on their own sooner than one would think, cf. CDPR). I, too, hope that whatever comes out of this will be a marvel of storytelling to behold and a crowning achievement of video game development.
    But please let us not forget which company we are talking about here and, accordingly, dampen our enthusiasm a little bit.
    0 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

9/28/2014
    Demut wrote:
    Am I really the only one who, after the initial excitement, is rather skeptical about this whole thing? Under EA’s aegis BioWare has gotten worse and worse over the years. They are not what they used to be.
    I mean don’t get me wrong: Obviously, I, too, see that this collaboration with BioWare could enable Failbetter Games to realize a project far above their current means (although, with Sunless Sea on the way to its full release, they might be able to take on projects of similar size on their own sooner than one would think, cf. CDPR). I, too, hope that whatever comes out of this will be a marvel of storytelling to behold and a crowning achievement of video game development.
    But please let us not forget which company we are talking about here and, accordingly, dampen our enthusiasm a little bit.

I think you're assuming your opinion on the quality of Bioware's output holds for all. Baldur's Gate is one of the best games EVAR, so I'm not going to force every game to match that. But I've loved the Dragon Age series and the Mass Effect one. No idea about Star Wars because Star Wars (Star Wars = Meeehhblllerrgh. Though whatshisname was hot when he was young.).

I'm excited about this game because FailBetter. Whether they mesh well with Bioware to make better stuff than they could alone, I dunno. But: two companies that appreciate stories working together is a damn good start for me.

--
    Note: Not as grumpy as sounds. Loves arguing. Doesn't actually hate you.
    "Ever-Spockean"
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin
    0 link
    Demut
    Demut

9/28/2014
    babelfishwars wrote:
    I think you're assuming your opinion on the quality of Bioware's output holds for all.

Well, no, it’s the very opposite, actually. Given the unrestrained professions of excitement by virtually everyone in this thread, I am assuming that either few people here have looked closely at BioWare’s most recent products or they just don’t share my sentiment on those. Hence the “am I really the only one?” question.
    0 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

9/28/2014
    Demut wrote:
    babelfishwars wrote:
    I think you're assuming your opinion on the quality of Bioware's output holds for all.

Well, no, it’s the very opposite, actually. Given the unrestrained professions of excitement by virtually everyone in this thread, I am assuming that either few people here have looked closely at BioWare’s most recent products or they just don’t share my sentiment on those. Hence the “am I really the only one?” question.

Ah, your 'only one' as question of opinion seemed unrelated to the sentences following, which read as statements of fact, ones I dispute as fact.
    (If you follow my posts [as you should, I'm wonderful] stating opinions as facts is the number one way to get me to narrow my eyes at a post. :-) )
    edited by babelfishwars on 9/28/2014

--
    Note: Not as grumpy as sounds. Loves arguing. Doesn't actually hate you.
    "Ever-Spockean"
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin
    0 link
    Gillsing
    Gillsing

9/28/2014
    Demut wrote:
    Hence the “am I really the only one?” question.
    The last Bioware game I bought was Hordes of the Underdark, and I have yet to force myself through it. So I don't particularly care for Bioware games. But why would I come to a more or less celebratory thread such as this one to share such a sentiment? Can't I just let people be happy with the things they enjoy, while I'll be happy with something else that I enjoy? Why, yes, I can! smile
    +2 link
    cyberpunkdreams
    cyberpunkdreams

9/28/2014
    Gillsing wrote:
    Can't I just let people be happy with the things they enjoy, while I'll be happy with something else that I enjoy? Why, yes, I can! smile

That's an admirable sentiment. Personally, in my world, there's Mass Effect and then there's everything else. I've not played any other Bioware games for a long time though.

_
    edited by cyberpunkdreams on 9/28/2014

--
    Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
    0 link
    Demut
    Demut

9/29/2014
    babelfishwars wrote:
    If you follow my posts [as you should, I'm wonderful] stating opinions as facts is the number one way to get me to narrow my eyes at a post. :-)

Ah, good. Don’t worry then, I more or less never think of my opinions as facts. So if I say things like “This is great” or “This sucks ass” then please just mentally prefix them with a “I am of the opinion that ...” since I merely leave that part out to save time and increase the reading flow of my sentences ;>
    0 link