Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Shalinoth
Shalinoth

18 days ago
Are there some serious server problems on FL recently? Even this forum locked me out before a few reloads.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

18 days ago
Shalinoth wrote:
Are there some serious server problems on FL recently? Even this forum locked me out before a few reloads.

We broke the forum but we unbroke it again. smile

Sorry - we are aware of the issues - the forum one is a separate one from the ones which hit over the weekend, and we're continuing to monitor.

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+1 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

18 days ago
Thank you kindly! Knowing it's not just me has rekindled my patience. smile

edited by Shalinoth on 2/4/2019

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11 days ago
Since Feast companions will become available again in a couple days, two changes I'm hoping for.

During FotER 2017, Sister Lydia became available as a companion. During Hallowmas 2017, she could be upgraded, removing the original. Then, for a few hours during FotER 2018, the option to acquire an unupgraded Lydia was still available when in possession of her upgrade. Many people missed it, but it made sense to fix. However, this past Hallowmas, an upgraded Lydia could be purchased for Fate. This option didn't require or consume a regular Lydia, nor did it lock with an upgraded Lydia. As the option was not changed during the festival, presumably this was intended.

This is very frustrating! Some people have both Lydias because they were present at Hallowmas 2017 and the start of FotER companions in 2018. Now, others have both because they got Lydia at last year's feast and purchased her upgrade during Hallowmas. But anyone who upgraded her in 2017 and didn't draw the right card at the right moment is unable to get this no-longer-special thing. As such, I'm really hoping that the Feast option gets changed this year to make the two Lydias no longer mutually exclusive. Sure, it doesn't make sense... but it makes just as much sense as buying multiple upgraded Lydias, and that's apparently intended.

My other suggestion is about the items associated with Family and Law.

[spoiler]For players who have not completed the story, it makes perfect sense to only allow obtaining the companion that they side with. Once the story is over, if our favored character died, we can obtain their personal weapon as a keepsake. But if the player's opponent is dead, why not allow us to purchase their associated weapon instead? We may have fought in life, but in death they can still be a respected opponent. I haven't seen the text for recieving their weapon, so maybe the existing branch wouldn't make sense storywise, but there's no narrative reason the player can't have the weapon itself. It would certainly be a meaningful moment for my character.

Plus, you know, it would mean an additional 40-Masquing option for the price of, at most, writing two alternative pieces of text. Another thing for us collectors to spend money on.[/spoiler]

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Will trade Feast gifts for Cider! Or, you know, for Feast gifts. Just specify which you want.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

11 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
This is very frustrating! Some people have both Lydias because they were present at Hallowmas 2017 and the start of FotER companions in 2018.
You don't have them both, don't you?
And it is know that FBG doesn't remove items/qualities from bugs unless they cause bigger problems.
What if they removed acquaintance quality from the advent? They did the opposite: increased the maximum level. But! What if they deleted removed the extra surmise people got?
Why, they should have removed the One who has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures quality? No, they made it possible, for some, to reach level 4 if played certain stories in certain order.
It was doable to have both Lydias via Fate, but it's the same as being upset that some characters are older and got some companions without Fate.

I find this as a mark of history!

Seeing someone's profile with abnormalities probably made people curios and started digging into FL's history which is frigging unique. I'm sure people were thrilled about these little things!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
This is very frustrating! Some people have both Lydias because they were present at Hallowmas 2017 and the start of FotER companions in 2018.
You don't have them both, don't you?

It was doable to have both Lydias via Fate, but it's the same as being upset that some characters are older and got some companions without Fate.

I find this as a mark of history!

Seeing someone's profile with abnormalities probably made people curios and started digging into FL's history which is frigging unique. I'm sure people were thrilled about these little things!

You miss my point.

My issue is not that certain people could get both. While I'm disappointed to have missed that original bug, it's not a big deal. Things happen, opportunities are lost. Nor am I annoyed that it's possible to get both with Fate. This is a free-to-play game and I've spent plenty of Fate in my own time. What irks me here is that a bug was fixed, and then Failbetter intentionally added a feature with the same effect that nobody who played the original content can use.

Having two Lydias isn't a mark of history anymore. Anyone can get both now if they meet the requirements. Hell, if they don't change the Hallowmas option this year, a new player could join tomorrow and still do it. My complaint is that anyone who upgraded Lydia at Hallowmas 2017 is locked out. It feels like being punished for playing content when it originally released.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Will trade Feast gifts for Cider! Or, you know, for Feast gifts. Just specify which you want.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

11 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
However, this past Hallowmas, an upgraded Lydia could be purchased for Fate. This option didn't require or consume a regular Lydia, nor did it lock with an upgraded Lydia.

I think this part of your message is incorrect, according to wikia

Note locks here: https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Sister_Lydia_(5_FATE)

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

11 days ago
Had to check wiki and found the pages!
So the problem is that the Hallowmas Fate option to gain Sister Lydia, At Peace With Herself has no requirements nor lock ones!
But the Feast option is locked if you already have her, in any version, as your companion!

So they should have added the lock on the Hallowmas option for things to be consistent! To be honest, I really thought it had same lock conditions as the Feast option!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11 days ago
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
I think this part of your message is incorrect, according to wikia

Note locks here: https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Sister_Lydia_(5_FATE)

That's the option from Hallowmas 2017 to get the upgrade if you hadn't gotten Lydia at the Feast. The Fate option I mention is the one to get past years' companions that Skinnyman linked.

Skinnyman wrote:
So the problem is that the Hallowmas Fate option to gain Sister Lydia, At Peace With Herself has no requirements nor lock ones!
But the Feast option is locked if you already have her, in any version, as your companion!

So they should have added the lock on the Hallowmas option for things to be consistent! To be honest, I really thought it had same lock conditions as the Feast option!

Exactly. The Hallowmas Fate option neither has requirements nor removes regular Lydia if you already have her. It's inconsistent in a way that locks out long-time active players who upgraded her in 2017, but lets newer players potentially get both. I would have preferred if the Hallowmas Fate option were properly locked, letting double Lydia stay a historical thing. But since they apparently decided it was fine as is, I hope that Failbetter will change the Feast option instead.

Plus it's not like having two different Lydias make less sense than having seven of her peaceful incarnation wink

--

0 link