Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

28 days ago
Aubergion wrote:
Off the topic of Hallowmas: it would be nice if being London's [Nerves/Sinew/etc] or even being a paramount presence would permanently raise a player's stat cap. I'm so nervous about using the 15 notability stat raise because I'm terrified I'll misclick and ruin months of work...

As much as I would love that functionality, I suspect it's outright impossible without changing Storynexus itself. Stats are hard capped at the same value for everyone, so raising the cap would affect everyone too.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

For the holiday season, send me Christmas Cards for sips of Cider! Fogscapes with Tentacles strongly preferred. (Only one per character, sorry!)

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

28 days ago
The return of "Suggest a contact" is very greatly appreciated.

A quality of life suggestion I have would be to allow Favourable Circumstances to force-draw "Call in favours in the Flit". This makes sense in the context of the story - fortune smiles on you, and so you can arrange a profitable meeting with your hard-to-find contacts in the Flit. My back-of-envelope calculations suggest that this shouldn't necessarily break game balance (the most profitable trade-in is 28.80 Echoes for 3 Revolutionary Favours, but just the minimum action cost of raising Notability to 7 four times for the favours and trade-in drop the EPA to at most 1 EPA, along with the opportunity cost of not being able to use the Making Waves and Notability for anything else).
edited by Azothi on 11/14/2018

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
+3 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

28 days ago
Alternatively, since every other Call In Favours is a storylet, but there's no storylet-based way to use Criminals/Urchins/Revs... why not add an option in the Flit to use one of those three Favours to force-draw the Calling in Favours card? While such a change would be incredibly profitable, it would still be limited by card draws, as the non-card methods of grinding Favours are too inefficient.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

For the holiday season, send me Christmas Cards for sips of Cider! Fogscapes with Tentacles strongly preferred. (Only one per character, sorry!)

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

27 days ago
I second that. I am usually permanently stuck in Flint trying to spend my favors and it gets a bit boring when there are so many other locations in the game. I would gladly spend one or even two favors to cash urchins. Alternatively, if this was made into a storylet, I would not mind if it became less lucrative - 1 favor for 8 or 9 scraps would make it equally profitable with any other grind.
I understand that storywise it's harder to get hold of urchins and criminals than church offiials but perhaps a renown requirement would solve that too?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+2 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

1 days ago
I like the way the storylets and their results take up much less vertical space today. It might be the best Christmas present ever.
+1 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

22 hours ago
Gillsing wrote:
I like the way the storylets and their results take up much less vertical space today. It might be the best Christmas present ever.

I dunno; I kind of think they went a little too far. Can't please everyone, I guess.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

20 hours ago
Not having to scroll so much is very appreciated. A pity that the second chances checkbox ends up so squashed, though.

--

+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

19 hours ago
It's going to make expeditions easier (not scrolling up to see if you get extra options like the sign) and the separating line is especially appreciated. The black is a bit jarring, though.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link