Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

EscapistEscapade
EscapistEscapade

7/5/2018
Jermaine Vendredi wrote:
You can upgrade the raven and once you have your little raven collection, get rid of it.
Or think of it as money with feathers and sell it for the echoes.

It'd be nice to have something in your weekly reward that isn't just useless other than for money. It might aswell just be money, then. And the uselessness comes from the profession item itself making it obsolete, which seems poorly planned, and was not always the case when the Raven was still a game referral item. That use of it has been removed, with no replacement, making it a rather poor professional reward for someone already receiving a Companion from their profession. You also get a Lucky Weasel, but those at least still retain other uses, and don't require investments to upgrade them to something still inferior to the tier 2 professional item.

I'm also not really looking to be personally consoled about the quality of my professional reward, but rather looking for an improvement. Simply: the Raven Advisor is an INTERESTING item, but it's proliferation is abysmal simply because its most accessible source is the Trickster professional rewards (barring straight out purchase), where they remain stuck to that person, generally of little use to them even after upgrading, and every week another one is uselessly added to the pile, with no way to share them with London at large to get people that would be interested in experiencing them or could benefit from their use (for either stats or at the very least, their card's non-upgrade related option.)
It's essentially a waste of the items experience in both oversupplying Tricksters with endless, useless copies and undersupplying the rest of players with coming across them in a curious manner similar to cats or panther kittens that involves social interaction.
edited by EscapistEscapade on 7/5/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Escapist%20Escapade Crooked Cross available for speaking engagements for your Salon
0 link
CogDiss
CogDiss

7/17/2018
There's a major continuity error if you complete the Last Constable storyline in certain ways before the Nemesis storyline.

[spoiler]I encountered and conversed with the Cheery Man again after he died.[/spoiler]

--
Joss Marr - Writer, investigator, scholar, lover of truth and justice, enemy of ignorance and corruption, cynic and idealist
+4 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

7/27/2018
I love love love the Season of Adorations, but would it be possible to change the main tracker qualities for those stories from hidden to visible? It's really nice to get a permanent memento of the story and the ending you chose that you can show off on your mantlepiece. Thanks so much! ^_^

• --
    The Uncanny Hierophant.
  • +2 link
    phryne
    phryne

25 days ago
    The Fruits of the Zee festival needs some love! At this point it seems like the unwanted stepchild among Fallen London's festivals. I know FBG have their hands full with a multitude of things. I also know they've had to cut staff at the beginning of the year. What I'm saying is, even though I'm disappointed I kind of understand their reasons. But I really do hope they'll give next year's FotZ a chunk of new content and/or equipment (I'd choose content over equipment, just saying). Because this festival is actually really cool, when you've got something to go for! smile

--
    a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memorya Raven?
    List of useful thingsFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
    +5 link
    Skinnyman
    Skinnyman

25 days ago
    phryne wrote:
    The Fruits of the Zee *snop* this festival is actually really cool, when you've got something to go for! smile

Must agree here! It was my first festival in FL and I was really pleased with the fishing mechanics, RNG hunting, but all balanced. Even if I was a newcomer I managed to get all items in ~7 days.

Yes, throw more love here, FBG! smile I'll buy the armoured rat next year. Or probably this one, I don't know! But he needs a companion.

--
    I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
    No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
    Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
    +3 link
    Ragnar Degenhand
    Ragnar Degenhand

24 days ago
    I've been; it's my favourite festival!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragnar%Degenhand
    +2 link
    Jolanda Swan
    Jolanda Swan

24 days ago
    I will also cast a vote towards the festival. Even if it was meant to promote Sunless Sea, it is now a part of Fallen London, and I would love it if we could do more with it - even if by 'more' we only mean fishing goals.

--
    Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, permanently ink stained under the lace... and always delighted to role play.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
    +2 link
    IHNIWTR
    IHNIWTR

9 days ago
    so, I have an issue with the new Forgotten Quarter expeditions. Specifically, the one that nets you a Judgement's Egg.

I feel like it... cheapens the Temple of Uttermost Wind expedition? That whole thing is about wanting to find an Egg and failing, and it turns out you can just have one but be unable to give it to the monk. I mean, even if the Fate locked story were to address this somehow it'd still feel bad - I paid money to fail to find something, or to be being able to supersede the whole thing abd just tell the monk "sure here's what you're looking for?" and the expedition get canceled? it leaves a bad taste.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daniel%20Vaise
    +3 link
    Catherine Raymond
    Catherine Raymond

9 days ago
    Skinnyman wrote:
    phryne wrote:
    The Fruits of the Zee *snop* this festival is actually really cool, when you've got something to go for! smile

Must agree here! It was my first festival in FL and I was really pleased with the fishing mechanics, RNG hunting, but all balanced. Even if I was a newcomer I managed to get all items in ~7 days.

Yes, throw more love here, FBG! smile I'll buy the armoured rat next year. Or probably this one, I don't know! But he needs a companion.

I love the FotZ fishing mechanic, and the snarky text about your catches (a fish with pedipalps! Imagine!), but it's not as much fun when there is nothing new, rare or unexpected that might be obtainable with your catches. Fortunately, the "Empty Chair" allowed me to bank more Extraordinary Implications, and get more Incunabula, than usual this year.

--
    Cathy Raymond
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
    +1 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

9 days ago
    IHNIWTR wrote:
    so, I have an issue with the new Forgotten Quarter expeditions. Specifically, the one that nets you a Judgement's Egg.

I feel like it... cheapens the Temple of Uttermost Wind expedition? That whole thing is about wanting to find an Egg and failing, and it turns out you can just have one but be unable to give it to the monk. I mean, even if the Fate locked story were to address this somehow it'd still feel bad - I paid money to fail to find something, or to be being able to supersede the whole thing abd just tell the monk "sure here's what you're looking for?" and the expedition get canceled? it leaves a bad taste.

So this one's a bit weird, because the Judgement's Egg item was added to the game after the expedition—it's actually irrelevant here.

[spoiler]
    The priest isn't disappointed because he failed to find what he's looking for. He's disappointed because he did find what he wanted, but he was expecting some incredible sacred object, from which gods are born. Instead it's just... a soul. Sure, it's a fancier soul than normal; but this is Fallen London and souls are everywhere. So the priest was expecting something less mundane.[/spoiler]

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    +2 link