Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Rui Rodrigues
Rui Rodrigues

3/13/2017
Hello, I'd like to suggest a "quality of life" option. Everyone who has grinded Making Waves at some point knows of the cross-category item conversion chain which at the end of a full 13 action "carousel" nets you +1 of each item and, most importantly of course, between 4-40 Making Waves.
Now, what I'm suggesting, is to include an option, in the uses menu of each of these items, to do a full cycle, obviously at the cost of 13 actions (maybe 14 if you want to give some sort of penalty) which gives us the same rewards (or maybe a bit less MW, again, if you want some kind of penalty), so we don't have to spend so long just clicking through our inventory, scrolling, waiting for loadings, possibly forgetting at which step we are, etc...
Thanks
edited by Rui Rodrigues on 3/13/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/kingrodrigo
+2 link
suinicide
suinicide

3/13/2017
Kaosu wrote:
With the introduction of Renown, we've all been using the Connected items a lot in order to convert Favours to Renown. Since we're using them so frequently, it's a bit of a pain to have to remember which item is in which category and then hunt through the enormous inventory to find the desired item. Would it be possible to make a separate inventory category (maybe called &quotTrading Favours&quot or something) where all the Connected items will be placed for easier access?

Why not put favours in there as well? Prevent the connection: area from doubling with repeated images.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
xKiv
xKiv

3/13/2017
Rui Rodrigues wrote:

Now, what I'm suggesting, is to include an option, in the uses menu of each of these items,

Or, perhaps more generally useful:
Have items usable from storylet results (as long the item is usable, and at least one is owned after the result). That would skip two pageloads and at least 90% of hunting for the right item to click.

Also, an option to repeat a branch up to N times, as long as it is possible to take again.
edited by xKiv on 3/13/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

3/13/2017
xKiv wrote:
Rui Rodrigues wrote:

Also, an option to repeat a branch up to N times, as long as it is possible to take again.

My character would kill for the ability to do that.

After all, death doesn't count in the Neath, right?

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/teaspoon
0 link
Rui Rodrigues
Rui Rodrigues

3/14/2017
xKiv wrote:
Rui Rodrigues wrote:

Now, what I'm suggesting, is to include an option, in the uses menu of each of these items,

Or, perhaps more generally useful:
Have items usable from storylet results (as long the item is usable, and at least one is owned after the result). That would skip two pageloads and at least 90% of hunting for the right item to click.

That could work too, but I think that would require a lot more work to implement, since that would require turning every results into links to that item page.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/kingrodrigo
0 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

3/18/2017
suinicide wrote:
Kaosu wrote:
With the introduction of Renown, we've all been using the Connected items a lot in order to convert Favours to Renown. Since we're using them so frequently, it's a bit of a pain to have to remember which item is in which category and then hunt through the enormous inventory to find the desired item. Would it be possible to make a separate inventory category (maybe called &quotTrading Favours&quot or something) where all the Connected items will be placed for easier access?

Why not put favours in there as well? Prevent the connection: area from doubling with repeated images.

Rather than make a whole new inventory section, I think it would be better to put favors under Advantage along with your second chances. Then make those favors clickable, and have them take you to a transitional storylet that lets you open up the relevant faction item menu, if you have that faction item. The faction items can still be scattered across your inventory in whatever category is appropriate, but you could easily reach all their menus from one place.

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
+3 link
John Moose
John Moose

3/20/2017
I'd love to see Knife and Candle make a comeback! I think it'd be a good investment of dev time, since it'd both be fun for new players as well as a good way for the oldies to help keep each other busy. As long as there's an arbitrarily difficult goal we seem rather happy, and in competition we'd set the goals against each other. There's also no reason to confine it to just how it used to be, so writers can have all the fun they want inventing new backstory or developments and complications to the sport as the people of London play it.

Also, I just really really love the idea of people going around London playing knife-tag.

....#stablyf #stabhaus
edited by John Moose on 3/20/2017

edit: dov makes a good point and is much better informed on this than I am, thanks for the correction. I of course understand if K&C is considered too much of a hassle for what it's worth. Yet one dreams.

edited by John Moose on 3/20/2017

--
Gone. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/John Moose
A doctor with aspirations beyond his station, as well as an apiary enthusiast http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Noah Rache
+3 link
dov
dov

3/20/2017
John Moose wrote:
I'd love to see Knife and Candle make a comeback! I think it'd be a good investment of dev time, since it'd both be fun for new players as well as a good way for the oldies to help keep each other busy.
\
While I'd also love to see K&C return in some form, I wouldn't call it "fun" for new players. Quite the opposite.

Since by default K&C placed players in the Iron League, new players were at a *huge* disadvantage vs. established players. New players could have just one opportunity a week to either change for or attack (disregarding Rare opportunity card), while established players would have additional 6 opportunity cards (3 of which with Frequent frequency) with which to attack.

A new player, just finding their way around the game can have a terrible experience stumbling into K&C's Iron League unprepared.

Fine-tuning such mechanics to work better, especially taking into account the new players that come with the app is a huge investment of the devs' time.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+3 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

3/30/2017
Would it be possible to get a secure log-in for FL?

I know most sites have HTTPS or the like, while - every time I log-in lately - "Not Secure" comes up as a large warning. It feels like a secure log-in would be a huge necessity, as many users leave sensitive information (like credit/debit card details) in the system for recurring subscriptions?

--
Main: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Robin%20Alexander

Alt: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Benjamin%20Parker
+1 link
Absintheuse
Absintheuse
Administrator

3/30/2017
Robin Alexander wrote:

I know most sites have HTTPS or the like, while - every time I log-in lately - "Not Secure" comes up as a large warning. It feels like a secure log-in would be a huge necessity, as many users leave sensitive information (like credit/debit card details) in the system for recurring subscriptions?

Hi Robin - While the site isn't HTTPS, we can confirm that payments are secure. Purchase takes place in a secure iframe, so your card details are encrypted before being transmitted to our payment services provider.
+1 link
xKiv
xKiv

3/30/2017
Absintheuse wrote:
Robin Alexander wrote:

Hi Robin - While the site isn't HTTPS, we can confirm that payments are secure. Purchase takes place in a secure iframe, so your card details are encrypted before being transmitted to our payment services provider.

The problem is, you cannot guarantee that this secure iframe is not connecting to an attacker's site. Not without securing everything. (and there's even no location bar in the fate-buying (and subscription-setting?) popup, so there's no reasonable way to verify the certificate)

Oh, and also I guess you are transmitting my storynexus password in plaintext on login. Which, well, that's an excellent way to tell the world how much you care about security.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+2 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

4/7/2017
What about a Change of Gender option? I accidentally misgendered my main character when I first started playing the game, and it's been mildly annoying me ever since.

Also, it would be nice to have a way to share Fate. It seems that the Box of a Hundred Wonders doesn't work?

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Bohemian socialite and scandalous author. Still talks like a newly arrived Longshanks, only now she has better clothes.
+2 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/7/2017
Several people have said you can email support to have them change your character's gender.

And yes, some social actions were taken down with the release of the app, including the box of fate.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

4/7/2017
suinicide wrote:
Several people have said you can email support to have them change your character's gender.

And yes, some social actions were taken down with the release of the app, including the box of fate.

Good to know. Thanks!

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Bohemian socialite and scandalous author. Still talks like a newly arrived Longshanks, only now she has better clothes.
+1 link
IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone

4/8/2017
Could we please have a BDR outfit option? It shouldn't be too dificult to code and It would make life so much easier. (I'm sure this has already been sugested, but I'm putting this here just in case it hasn't)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

4/9/2017
IgnatuStone wrote:
Could we please have a BDR outfit option? It shouldn't be too dificult to code and It would make life so much easier. (I'm sure this has already been sugested, but I'm putting this here just in case it hasn't)

Yes, it has and FBG won't do a 5th outfit nor allow extensions to do this.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
phryne
phryne

4/9/2017
Skinnyman wrote:
IgnatuStone wrote:

Really? Where did they state this, and what were the reasons given?

--
Eva May Canning, a Scarlet SaintLady Orosenn, a Monster-HunterPhryne Amarantyne, changed...
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

4/10/2017
phryne wrote:
Skinnyman wrote:
IgnatuStone wrote:

Really? Where did they state this, and what were the reasons given?

Can't seem to find where I read about FBG's reply about adding a new one.
While I was working on an extension I decided to email FBG about certain aspects one of which was a new outfit. In their response they mentioned that a 5th one won't be accepted.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

4/10/2017
At Mrs. Plenty's Carnival, the option to meet urchins in the sideshows remains visible when you have greater than 5 renown. All the other renown factions disappear once you can't use them, so for consistency's sake should that be fixed?

--
McGunn is open to social actions, although his plant isn’t fighting and he doesn’t really need to see the affluent photographer anymore.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now. It’s what she always wanted. Follow your dreams, folks, and maybe you can be a *spoiler* too.
0 link
Moira Lachesis
Moira Lachesis

25 days ago
Android permissions appear very aggressive. Why would you need the ability to draw over other apps? This is a very, very powerful permission that is normally only needed when you want an app that controls other apps. Combined with the other permissions, this makes this app a real risk. Considering it is a game, it would seem demanding to expect countermeasures that provide a level of exploit protection that corresponds to the the level of exploit risk. Please explain what these permissions are used for and please consider alternative methods for achieving your goals:

- draw over other apps
- view network connections
- full storage access (as opposed to appdata)
0 link