Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

FreedomGeek
FreedomGeek

22 days ago
I gave the android app a second chance today. It's still much worse than simply going to the website on your phone.

It manages to not only be much slower than the website but also have a much worse UI than the website. Like simple things. When you gain, say, another 50 candles it doesn't tell you how many candles you now have total, just that you've got 50 more candles. You have to go to a secondary screen to look at the cards and it doesn't show you how many cards you have waiting in the deck from the main page. And when you reveal new cards it adds them to the bottom of the list, requiring you to scroll down to see what they are, rather than the top - so if you have an undiscardable or you're saving a mood or the slowcake guy's card then you always have to scroll down. When you try to move somewhere else on the map it starts you fully zoomed in on where you already are so to go anywhere you first have to zoom out.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kimiko~Ross
0 link
osberend
osberend

21 days ago
Two observations, and two questions:
  • Regeneration of actions appears (at least for my account, which has a mobile subscription; I'm not sure if this is true in general) to be approximately twice as fast on the Android app as on the website, ~2 actions per 10 minutes rather than 1.
  • Is this intentional? If not, which is wrong?
  • It is currently (at least on my system: Pixel, Google Fi, Android version 7.1.2, 2017-05-05 security patch level, up to date as of 2017-05-05; Fallen London version 1.11.1429, up to date as of 2017-05-05) impossible to log into the mobile app with Google, due to a decision by Google to disallow logging in using Google accounts with an "embedded user-agent."
  • Given that fact, is there any way to add a direct login password to an account that was created using login with Google? When I attempt to use the "reset password" function on the website, it claims that there is no StoryNexus account registered with the email I enter! So I currently have no way to log in on mobile.
0 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

21 days ago
@ osberend

I suspect you'll be better off sending such a complex bunch of issues straight to Failbetter support@failbettergames.com. No guarantee they'll see it here.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
0 link
Ben
Ben

21 days ago
There was a change to the action of the parthenon that lets you remove suspicion, requiring that you have suspicion to be able to use it.

I'd suggest an update of this nature also happen to the card that happens for your dream hound.

"Your Dream-Hound" and the option is Have the best guard your resting hours.

I suggest that you have to have 1 nightmare to do this option as otherwise it has no effect.

There's a few other remidy cards that I'd suggest this for, ones with secondary options that make the card still worth drawing.

... sort of cant think of what they are, and Ill likely post again.

--
The wind has no destination.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/IcountFrom0
+1 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

3 days ago
This may be just me, but:

The summary you get for Time the Healer in your messages feels very confusing? Example, today it said: "Notability has not changed from 7 because it's lower than 14". It usually says this, although maybe the second number changes a bit (I've not paid much attention). It's why I decided not to grind Making Waves, as I thought - being at 8 - I was safe . . . only to fall down to 7 the other week.

It annoyed me enough to be a contributing factor to my hiatus; it took me ages to grind to 8, and I needed 9 for a specific lodging, and I'd lost my progress when the game explicitly told me (as far as I could tell) I would be safe. I couldn't lose notability if I was lower than x notability.

Just it really does sound like it's saying a player WON'T lose notability, only they CAN lose notability.
edited by Robin Alexander on 5/23/2017

--
Main: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Robin%20Alexander

Alt: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Benjamin%20Parker
0 link
DonaghyLogan
DonaghyLogan

3 days ago
My understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that there are two possible ways to lose Notability without spending it (i.e. when TtH comes):

1) Your Notability is greater than 14, in which case it will decrease at the end of the week no matter what, or

2) Your Making Waves is less than your current Notability.

I know that (2) is correct - i.e. that in order to maintain Notability, one must grind MW to at least the current level of that Notability weekly. I've never had Notability greater than 14, so I can't vouch for (1).

Robin Alexander wrote:
This may be just me, but:

The summary you get for Time the Healer in your messages feels very confusing? Example, today it said: "Notability has not changed from 7 because it's lower than 14". It usually says this, although maybe the second number changes a bit (I've not paid much attention). It's why I decided not to grind Making Waves, as I thought - being at 8 - I was safe . . . only to fall down to 7 the other week.

It annoyed me enough to be a contributing factor to my hiatus; it took me ages to grind to 8, and I needed 9 for a specific lodging, and I'd lost my progress when the game explicitly told me (as far as I could tell) I would be safe. I couldn't lose notability if I was lower than x notability.

Just it really does sound like it's saying a player WON'T lose notability, only they CAN lose notability.
edited by Robin Alexander on 5/23/2017

• edited by DonaghyLogan on 5/23/2017

--
    http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/DonaghyLogan - An eccentric, ambitious professor with a quite frankly unreasonable number of pets
  • 0 link
    suinicide
    suinicide

3 days ago
    I believe number 2 is the only correct one. Number 1 use to be true for all levels of notability, but they changed it.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
    A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
    RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
    +1 link
    Anchovies
    Anchovies

3 days ago
    On desktop, the journal can record the outcome of a choice. On mobile, the journal icon is only present before the choice has been made. This has led to occasions where I've encountered non-repeatable text which I wanted to record in my journal but which I could not record because I was on the mobile app at the time. Not a gameplay issue, but it's rather annoying sometimes.

--
    Lionel Anchovies. Social requests welcome.
    0 link