Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

6/21/2018
Faey wrote:
New site is horrible for me, can't log in using either Facebook or Google anymore (past couple days), actions were being undone and having to be done multiple times before they'd stick, pages would reload repeatedly without me having to do anything.
Old site works just fine.

That's because they've shut down the new site until all issues are fixed, as they've announced elsewhere in the forums and on Reddit.

Just leave it until FBG announce that it's back.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+3 link
karykeion
karykeion

6/21/2018
I'm sure someone else has already pointed this out, but just in case, there's been a very small HTML problem with the Fixer text under An Alteration of Career on the Election storylet:

edited by karykeion on 6/21/2018

--
Professor Emmary Vale, Cs.D. | the Wakeful Semiotician
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6/23/2018
So, why is the Further your Reputation card undiscardable? My reputation is great, I've already maxed out my career, I simply don't want this card anymore. Yet the only way to get rid of it is to spend resources on something I don't need.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
hwoosh
hwoosh

6/25/2018
I understand you fine folks have many other issues to attend to, what with the Election and the site redesign, but .... is there any word on when the issues with social actions will be fixed? I'm talking about the site freezing up and apparently timing out at the "select a contact" stage when responding to chess, sparring, and probably others that I'm not thinking of. This has been a problem for months now, and I've been almost completely unable to use these activities to boost stats, collect Second Chances etc. during that time.

--
Persona: hwoosh
R Fellow Oswho. Don't ask what the "R." stands for. The poor fellow is sensitive about it. And violent.
Most social requests gladly and promptly answered.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6/25/2018
I haven't experienced any issues with social actions, so sounds like a matter for support.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

6/26/2018
Talk to us. smile
support@failbettergames.com

hwoosh wrote:
I understand you fine folks have many other issues to attend to, what with the Election and the site redesign, but .... is there any word on when the issues with social actions will be fixed? I'm talking about the site freezing up and apparently timing out at the "select a contact" stage when responding to chess, sparring, and probably others that I'm not thinking of. This has been a problem for months now, and I've been almost completely unable to use these activities to boost stats, collect Second Chances etc. during that time.

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+1 link
hwoosh
hwoosh

6/26/2018
babelfishwars wrote:
Talk to us. smile
support@failbettergames.com

hwoosh wrote:

OK, I will. I thought I remembered seeing other people complaining about the same issue online, so I thought it would be helpful to others to make a public enquiry. But perhaps my memory was mistaken.
edited by hwoosh on 6/26/2018

--
Persona: hwoosh
R Fellow Oswho. Don't ask what the "R." stands for. The poor fellow is sensitive about it. And violent.
Most social requests gladly and promptly answered.
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

6/26/2018
Optimatum wrote:
So, why is the Further your Reputation card undiscardable? My reputation is great, I've already maxed out my career, I simply don't want this card anymore. Yet the only way to get rid of it is to spend resources on something I don't need.

You can return the Reputation investments back via the Election storylet - and, as far as I can get, that would be very profitable move as long as you use Favours and/or MW.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6/30/2018
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
Optimatum wrote:

You can return the Reputation investments back via the Election storylet - and, as far as I can get, that would be very profitable move as long as you use Favours and/or MW.

I'm aware of that--but just because I can turn Favours into a handful of items at a slightly more profitable rate than normal doesn't mean I actually want to. Given the card is now Ubiquitous, I shouldn't have to constantly spend actions to free up my hand. I'm fine with the card showing up often, but right now I'm working on Paramount Presence and doubt I'll ever grind money again. Forcing me to do so is not appreciated.

--

+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

6/30/2018
Ι get the point. I mean, I am grinding for Cider, so I need the echoes, and still I am bored with the repetition. If it had happened when I was grinding for PP, I would probably...
...cry. I am not a violent person.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+2 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

6/30/2018
Optimatum wrote:
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
Optimatum wrote:

I'm aware of that--but just because I can turn Favours into a handful of items at a slightly more profitable rate than normal doesn't mean I actually want to. Given the card is now Ubiquitous, I shouldn't have to constantly spend actions to free up my hand. I'm fine with the card showing up often, but right now I'm working on Paramount Presence and doubt I'll ever grind money again. Forcing me to do so is not appreciated.

I agree with you.

I am not participating in the election; I came on to play the EF story, do a teeny bit of grinding, and get the free election item. That one card is clogging up my hand - and I only have a three-card hand anyway - and generally was a nuisance when I was online . . . I won't be playing the election to get back anything I pay in, and I have my own system to make echoes and gain items anyway (which I'm very happy with and works well enough when I'm not on enough these days to maximise other methods). That this card is non-discardable -? It seems a very strange and impractical choice, which is quite an inconvenience to a now casual player.
0 link
Aubergion
Aubergion

7/1/2018
I accidentally clicked An Alteration of Career on my Midnighter, and now I'm down 10 reputation without any gain at all! This seems like an oversight - surely we should not be forced to spend reputation before even changing careers. Would it be possible for my reputation to be returned on Aubergion?

--
Aubergion - Author-turned-Midnighter, perspicacious and flirtatious. Life is the only game that matters. Always available for friendly interactions - chess welcomed, loitering discouraged.

Lord Castameer - perpetually searching for answers, a name, acknowledgement, truth, recompense, retribution ------- a reckoning. Loitering and cats welcomed.
0 link
Zack Oak
Zack Oak

7/1/2018
Alteration of career doesn't have anything to do with being a midnighter, though?

--
Roland Banning, The Ambitious Operative (Profile)
Tumblr RP Account
Ask me about the Delicious Friends RP group!
Open for social actions (no cats or photographers, please. Currently taking a break from K&C.)
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/1/2018
You lose Reputation before actually choosing a new career because you get the same options regardless of which career you currently have. There's no easy way to have the options themselves remove Reputation only if different than your current career.

You can contact support@failbettergames.com to get your Reputation back, but it probably won't matter much given the election will end when they're back at work on Monday. Look on the bright side, though: in previous years, changing careers outright halved your current career level. Reputation is much cheaper.

Zack Oak wrote:
Alteration of career doesn't have anything to do with being a midnighter, though?

They were using profession to specify which of their characters had an issue.

--

0 link
CogDiss
CogDiss

7/3/2018
This thoroughly confused me:

Apparently I wasn't alone: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20449-naming-newspaper-help-confused.aspx

According to the thread, if I were to select "Held in Esteem by the Crew of the Galatea," I would rename that affiliation quality instead of naming my newspaper. This makes no sense and I can't imagine it was intended, but it's been that way for years.

--
Joss Marr - Writer, investigator, scholar, lover of truth and justice, enemy of ignorance and corruption, cynic and idealist
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/3/2018
I heard back from them on this, apparently this problem is built into storynexus.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
CogDiss
CogDiss

7/3/2018
suinicide wrote:
I heard back from them on this, apparently this problem is built into storynexus.

Ah, that explains why it wasn't addressed. Thanks for the info and my apologies for beating a dead horse.

Perhaps they could at least add some text to clarify things so people don't inadvertently name their newspaper "newspaper" and give other qualities funky names? Before I saw the thread I was wondering if the game was giving me the option of making my paper affiliated with/sympathetic to the Galatea crew from an editorial perspective.
edited by CogDiss on 7/3/2018

--
Joss Marr - Writer, investigator, scholar, lover of truth and justice, enemy of ignorance and corruption, cynic and idealist
0 link
Della Fenix
Della Fenix

7/3/2018
When it comes to "The jewel-thief and the heiress" there are only possibilities to leave the thief or report him or sabotage their relationships. But why is there no option to become a threesome? Especially if I seduce the heiress as well. I'm serious, really.

--
Dark, melancholic, and romantic creature of a rather female gender.
New acquaintances (off-game as well), social actions, and roleplay are welcome.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Della%20Phoenix
+1 link
EscapistEscapade
EscapistEscapade

7/5/2018
I've picked Trickster as my career path and I have to say I've got very mixed feelings about the Dazed Raven Advisor as part of the professional reward. The Trickster path (Conjurer etc aswell) career unique item is ALREADY a Companion slot item, that starts out a +6/+6 and only grows stronger when you become Conjurer. The Raven meanwhile has two rather item and action intensive upgrade paths to arrive at, ultimately a +7/+2 with some Watchful thrown in compared to the Imp's Shadowy/Persuasive.

Now from my understanding the Raven Advisors associated card (A Kindness of Ravens) used to have a game referral option to invite new players to the game using your Raven, but it's gone now. The problem however remains that the Raven is intensely useless to the Trickster him/herself and will only be moreso as they advance, even if one goes through the upgrade process.

So maybe the card, or the raven itself, could have a storylet to send it to another player? I can absolutely see Hell (and maybe Urchins) sending talkative Ravens to people they would value for their advice, while also getting to listen in on them via the birds. So maybe an option to send them around with some return in either favor/renown or associated faction goods would be nice? Make the Trickster feel like they actually do some tricking, but the Hell way: selling people something they want in exchange for something they don't think they need.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Escapist%20Escapade Crooked Cross available for speaking engagements for your Salon
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

7/5/2018
You can upgrade the raven and once you have your little raven collection, get rid of it.
Or think of it as money with feathers and sell it for the echoes.

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
+1 link