Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Tay1or
Tay1or

2/18/2018
I've been sitting with 40 masquing on one of my alts to get a companion for 2 and a half days! 2 and a half days with no Encounter card! And that's drawing cards in the Forgotten Quarter, etc., every 5 or 6 hours with 2 candles. I'm still 4 non-fate companions short, but I can't build up to 20 masquing with the feast card that comes once or twice every 10 cards because I'm stilling at 40! Sometimes I hate, hate, hate this game. I'm sorry--but 2 and a half days with no encounter card isn't bad luck, it's crappy game mechanics.
+1 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

2/18/2018
Tay1or wrote:
I've been sitting with 40 masquing on one of my alts to get a companion for 2 and a half days! 2 and a half days with no Encounter card! And that's drawing cards in the Forgotten Quarter, etc., every 5 or 6 hours with 2 candles. I'm still 4 non-fate companions short, but I can't build up to 20 masquing with the feast card that comes once or twice every 10 cards because I'm stilling at 40! Sometimes I hate, hate, hate this game. I'm sorry--but 2 and a half days with no encounter card isn't bad luck, it's crappy game mechanics.

I'm going to ditto this.

I play on two accounts, but neither has received the Lily card even once since it was released.

I know the RNG is rough, as I had similar issues last year and the year before, but it did feel that I was at least hitting those cards a handful of times (and others also seemed to hit them a few times, making the issue more 'grr, I'm so impatient' as opposed to 'er, is this actually bugged'). I'm seeing other players also never getting a specific card: Lily or Encounters. I do hope these get pinned, but - by the time they do - I was under the impression gift-trading will have stopped, putting some free players at a disadvantage, unable to get more masquing or gifts to convert.

I'm not too miffed, as I didn't spend fate this year, but if I had -?

I'd probably be super peeved.
0 link
genesis
genesis

2/18/2018
You used to be able to spend favourable circumstances on summoning Lilac. If nothing else, that should be un-retired (and possibly be able to spend it to summon any of the Feast cards)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
+1 link
Koenig
Koenig

4/20/2018
I suppose it is a wee bit pointless posting here since no one ever checks around this side of the forums, but here goes another suggestion.

Could we please get a storylet that allows us to convert a trade secret for a single point of notability? I think this would be a great feature, as it would finally give trade secrets a reliable feature to spend on for max level players; and considering how long each Trade secret takes to get this is not something that could be exploited.

--

Koenig: Extraordinary. Invisible. Shattering. Legendary.

+4 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/20/2018
A BDR option on mood cards would also be nice, so they will always be considered useful, instead of a useless card once your stats are high enough.
edited by suinicide on 4/20/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+5 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

4/20/2018
Koenig wrote:
I suppose it is a wee bit pointless posting here since no one ever checks around this side of the forums, but here goes another suggestion.

Could we please get a storylet that allows us to convert a trade secret for a single point of notability? I think this would be a great feature, as it would finally give trade secrets a reliable feature to spend on for max level players; and considering how long each Trade secret takes to get this is not something that could be exploited.

I will ditto this suggestion! I think that's a great idea. It has none of the issues that requiring player interaction does, but leaves the person seeking Notability able to control, to some extent, the process of getting Notability back again.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+4 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

4/21/2018
After a few years of playing, I felt like gathering in one post the issues that most frequently bug me. Hope they are helpful!

It would be neat if:
-we could change outfits from the front page. As it is, we need three slow clicks to be able to finally play the card we want.
-we had a fifth and maybe sixth outfit slot (BDR and role-playing)
-make it so we can block certain options on cards, the same way we mark plans. We have all spent favors for no reason, or killed a rubbery unwittingly, some have kicked the Amanuensis out... it is needlessly frustrating
-Remove the cap from archaeologists' progress. Zailing always increases your quality (and I love it even more that there is an option at the Nadir that makes use of it).
-Poet Laureate needs an item and maybe Making Waves to mark the occasion. A bit of flavor text for Courier's Footprint 21 would not hurt either.
-Since new art is constantly made, why not change the duplicate portraits instead?
-Give us some Dangerous carousel/content which does NOT go away if you decide to spent Fate.
-Can we have an one-shot chess option back? I usually have to cancel half the matches, people do not invite you because some other player got you stuck in chess limbo... it seems a waste.
-Perhaps conversions should require renown instead of favors?
-Shouldn't the university have some content for you after you come back, same as the Court?
-ANY help for Notability grinding (Trade Secrets, moods, anything). Alternatively, if Hallowmass did not call for Notability at all...
-...and on the subject of feasts, why isn't Mr Sacks or Lilac or the encounter made pinned earlier? You are always in danger of missing out the fun.

After two years of playing, I still love the game. Looking forward to more!
edited by Jolanda Swan on 4/21/2018
edited by Jolanda Swan on 4/21/2018

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+8 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/21/2018
Jolanda Swan wrote:

-Remove the cap from archaeologists' progress. Zailing always increases your quality (and I love it even more that there is an option at the Nadir that makes use of it).

Lots of good ideas, though I have to note that An Experienced Zailor does actually have a hard cap at 20.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+3 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

4/21/2018
Yes please on the one-shot chess. Some other interactions have also become multi-step and could be simplified again.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/22/2018
Isn't the whole point of the multi-step social actions that they're more interesting in both flavor and mechanics? I understand if you want the original versions' higher rate of Second Chances or speed, but undoing the changes makes much less sense than improving the implementation so that, for example, you can't get stuck in matches anymore.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

4/22/2018
I would like a way to look at the social messages I've sent people.

I always forget those.

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+2 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

4/22/2018
Optimatum wrote:
Isn't the whole point of the multi-step social actions that they're more interesting in both flavor and mechanics?

Well, you have a point. That applies the first time you do any of these things. Thereafter, not so much. It just becomes grindy. I used to spend the free evenings with close friends before the evenings became so involved and started costing things I didn't want to forgo. Now, the evenings just sit and are replaced with other evenings I don't use, either.
I didn't like this mechanic when it was introduced last election. Nothing since has changed my mind, on the contrary.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 4/22/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
+1 link
Kowth
Kowth

4/22/2018
Teaspoon wrote:

I always forget those.

The timing of this.
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

4/22/2018
Kowth wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:

I always forget those.

The timing of this.

Quite.

I should forget my very head, were it not affixed to my shoulders...

--

0 link
Kowth
Kowth

4/22/2018
Teaspoon wrote:
Kowth wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:

I always forget those.

The timing of this.

While I’ve got you cornered.

Weddings are surprisingly expensive, so I’ve popped across the pond. Raiding the tigers’ wholesale enigma bin again. Does it make more sense to grind 1000 preparing for a small wedding and do a multiple day party (expensive and time consuming in lawyers since its 1 day per wedding), or 10000 preparing for 2 notability and probably better flavor text? At least once, right?
It’s your wedding too, dearest. Not that I think our memories of it will survive what’s coming, but... it’s nice to hope.
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

4/23/2018
Kowth wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:
Kowth wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:

I always forget those.

The timing of this.

Weddings are surprisingly expensive, so I’ve popped across the pond. Raiding the tigers’ wholesale enigma bin again. Does it make more sense to grind 1000 preparing for a small wedding and do a multiple day party (expensive and time consuming in lawyers since its 1 day per wedding), or 10000 preparing for 2 notability and probably better flavor text? At least once, right?
It’s your wedding too, dearest. Not that I think our memories of it will survive what’s coming, but... it’s nice to hope.

...in terms of sheer cost, it's much simpler getting two cheap weddings and one divorce than one super fancy wedding.

In terms of flavour text, the fancy wedding is...probably cooler? I dunno, I've only seen the zee-wedding. (Which was pretty neat, all the same, but then I'm a Docker by inclination.)

So it all depends on how much grinding you feel up to doing, really. (My character accidentally-on-purpose spent most of their funds on tigers. Oops.)

--

0 link
Kowth
Kowth

4/23/2018
Teaspoon wrote:
Kowth wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:
Kowth wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:

I always forget those.

The timing of this.

...in terms of sheer cost, it's much simpler getting two cheap weddings and one divorce than one super fancy wedding.

In terms of flavour text, the fancy wedding is...probably cooler? I dunno, I've only seen the zee-wedding. (Which was pretty neat, all the same, but then I'm a Docker by inclination.)

So it all depends on how much grinding you feel up to doing, really. (My character accidentally-on-purpose spent most of their funds on tigers. Oops.)

I had the same thought. I’m short the shortcut items (penultimate tier), so grindy. I had been preparing for Winking Isle and cashed them out for orphans, but eventually decided to try the alternate route. Some of the old timers claim it’s unnecessary, and so far it seems true. And this way I get to keep playing instead of meditating
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/23/2018
I'd suggest taking this matter to PM, unless you have feedback on the wedding mechanics.

(Also, if you're not yet aware, the most efficient way to grind for wedding is rats. Best acquired through Unfinished Business in Spite or by becoming a Ratcatcher and catching rats via the Department of Menace Eradication with high Dangerous.)

--

+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

4/23/2018
I appreciate the chess flavors but... why not make one -flavored- move, the other person makes another -flavored- mood and be done? Making three of them is too much and I am sure it discourages people form social interactions.
Same goes for anything that used to be free and now costs an armolaod of things. When they cost nothing, I would invite strangers. Now I have to make arrangements beforehand, let people know I won't be available... it is a bit too much.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/23/2018
Unfortunately, having three moves is necessary because it prevents ties.

--

0 link