Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

8/18/2017
phryne wrote:
While I'm at it, another request: could you *please* look into re-enabling Fate- and Notability-gifting? And, while you're at it, look into adding an option to gift Exceptional Friendship to another player, too? Pretty please? In Love

I suspect that Fate-gifting is disabled because of potential app problems. Giving another player Fate gives them the Box of A Hundred Wonders item, so players could potentially abuse the app to give themselves many Boxes and thus Fate. Disabling gifting means that anyone opening a Box is very unlikely to have obtained it legitimately, making cheaters much easier to catch. It's disappointing but I'm not sure if there's any way to get around it.

By this point Notability-gifting should really be back, though. Notability doesn't cost money, is very easy to obtain for endgame players anyways, and has no obvious app-related issues. Same for K&C - no money or obvious exploit potential, though its return would probably mean lots of rewriting and rebalancing.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

8/21/2017
Does "Time, the Healer" not proc on Mutton Island? It's been over a week since the last time but it hasn't triggered for me yet.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

8/22/2017
Daedalus_Falk wrote:
Does "Time, the Healer" not proc on Mutton Island? It's been over a week since the last time but it hasn't triggered for me yet.

Is it not even in your messages tab? The storylet will appear only in London proper, but the automatic changes should still happen.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

8/23/2017
Mine turned up over night, which is just a few hours later than usual, and I'm on the island.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragnar%Degenhand
0 link
Gallmarch
Gallmarch

8/24/2017
I often receive social action invitations with amusing, intriguing, or otherwise memorable messages attached (and I do my best to respond in kind). Unfortunately, when I accept, reject, or respond to them, all these moments are lost, like tears in rain. It would be nice if the 'Recently...' tab could keep some sort of record of the little aperçus that players exchange.

--
My profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Gallmarch
+3 link
Vorox
Vorox

8/26/2017
I feel like having Criminal record stay on you permanently is not a good thing, especially for new players who make the mistake of thinking it's as easy to solve as nightmares. I'm not saying criminal records should be easy to get rid of, but I think it would be nice if you could spend either connected, the masters, or very high connected the constables to remove it, or maybe even have a hard storylet about clearing your name.
+3 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

8/26/2017
I'd like to propose that feeding your plant a goldfish gives some heartless, because d***, it's one of the most heartless options in the game. That and the weasels.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

8/27/2017
But we don't feel that strongly about coal men,never mind clerics...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jermion
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

8/27/2017
I'd like to propose that we get an option to feed the Struggling Artist to your plant. He's much more annoying than coal men and clerics both.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

+10 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

8/27/2017
Optimatum wrote:
I'd like to propose that we get an option to feed the Struggling Artist to your plant. He's much more annoying than coal men and clerics both.

Yes please

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
Koenig
Koenig

9/3/2017
Would it be possible to add the "mood" oprrtunity cards to favorable circumstances (and perhaps a reasonable additional cost for that option?).

With the various Renown conversions, it is functionally mandatory that players will need to draw the mood card several times if they want to raise their renown to 50. Given the extreme rarity of these cards, it is entirely conceivable for a player to play the game for years and never get enough of the moods needed to max out a single renown category.

--

Koenig: Extraordinary. Invisible. Shattering. Legendary.

+1 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

9/6/2017
I am actually discarding 2-3 mood cards every month. Because they are useless except for vanity achievements like 21 Correspondence or 40+ Renown.

But i like the idea. And it can deliver a bit of money for Failbetter.
+1 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

9/8/2017
I don't know what's changed, but my alt was doing really well with "preparing for a duel" to get his next "making your name", as in it would just take him back to the relevant options after seeing the results, but now it seems to have reverted back to kicking right back into Wolfstack Docks and forcing me to click through multiple things to get back to where I was . . .

I *think* it's doing the massive "back to the start" thing when my running battle is less than five. While typing this, I hit five running battle and it's working quite well mechanically and enjoyable to play again.

It's just an *extremely* tedious grind to get to five at the best of times, and I can see this putting a lot of new players off. I'm surprised it's not a more common complaint, actually.

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Gone North
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
0 link
Koenig
Koenig

9/9/2017
Waterpls wrote:
I am actually discarding 2-3 mood cards every month. Because they are useless except for vanity achievements like 21 Correspondence or 40+ Renown.

Really!? I draw on average 1-2 mood cards in an entire year. Bad luck i guess.

--

0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

9/9/2017
Koenig wrote:
Waterpls wrote:

How many cards do you draw a day? As a very vague estimate, I draw a given Standard frequency card once a day or so, using 5-card lodgings, a fairly trimmed deck, and maybe a hundred cards a day. Thus I draw Rare cards maybe every ten days. (And since there's two mood cards, one of them every five days in theory. I don't tend to pay much attention to them.)
edited by Optimatum on 9/9/2017

--

0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

9/9/2017
Optimatum, I've never tried to estimate my daily card draw. That may be interesting. I usually make a point of using a full candle of actions (or 2 if I have Exceptional Friend status) every time I play actions, but how many times I do that per day varies. I'd say I draw between 60-100 per day (more like 80-160 if I have EF status). However, I don't really have a trimmed deck, either.

So I see mood cards rarely. On the other hand, my alt got one within the last few months of her tenure in London, and I recently drew two, one within about a week of the other. The RNG usually takes, but occasionally, it rewards the patient.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
dov
dov

9/9/2017
I also draw many cards a day (60-100 is a good estimate), with a (relatively) trimmed deck.

I see Mood cards maybe twice a year, on average. That's been the case for years, since mood cards became A Thing.

Drawing Rare cards every 5 days does not even come close to my experience with the game.

(There was this one time that I got a Mood card two weeks after the previous one, but then again, I had to wait a year and a half to get that first one...).

--
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

9/9/2017
Drawing a Rare card every ten days is probably an overestimate, so let's say one every fifteen just to be sure. Do you have all the lodgings? I got rid of most of mine via SMEN at one point. Before that I'm pretty sure that I missed a lot of mood cards from just discarding the bookshop and gambling den cards without checking which card with that art it was.

--

0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

9/9/2017
Koenig wrote:
Waterpls wrote:

Yep. Not sure how to proof it. Also "a Dream of Blood" always returns faster than i hit Wound 7. Even in this days when wounds stacks much faster.

Optimatum wrote:
How many cards do you draw a day?
90+ i think. But my deck is poorly optimized (please let us sell lodgings)
edited by Waterpls on 9/9/2017
0 link
Koenig
Koenig

9/9/2017
Optimatum wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Waterpls wrote:

How many cards do you draw a day? As a very vague estimate, I draw a given Standard frequency card once a day or so, using 5-card lodgings, a fairly trimmed deck, and maybe a hundred cards a day. Thus I draw Rare cards maybe every ten days. (And since there's two mood cards, one of them every five days in theory. I don't tend to pay much attention to them.)
edited by Optimatum on 9/9/2017

I draw on average around 30 cards a day. Bad luck I guess? Although all the more reason I think it would be beneficial to include a method to draw the cards when needed.
edited by Koenig on 9/9/2017

--

0 link