Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Waterpls
Waterpls

6/29/2017
I like reworked social interactions ingame. But why every interaction produces TWO emails in my box? Its very annoying. I hope it will be fixed.
https://imgur.com/YKXjgjf
0 link
dov
dov

6/29/2017
Waterpls wrote:
I like reworked social interactions ingame. But why every interaction produces TWO emails in my box? Its very annoying. I hope it will be fixed.
https://imgur.com/YKXjgjf

I wrote to FBG about this and they've replied that they are aware of this issue, but it's unlikely they'll be able to fix it before the election is over.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

6/29/2017
dov wrote:

I understand that the implications of your choice weren't made clear in advance (this is a new mechanic - no one had previous experience with it). But given that this is what being an Agitator *is*, then i don't really understand how that is both undesired while also being the appropriate choice for your character.

So sorry you don't understand.
Well, as it happens, I do understand the ramifications of the opt-out, thank you very much -- that is announced with perfect clarity on the page in question: loss of half the progress. As punishment for not wanting to, what, take part in a mechanic that wasn't present last year?
So: no, thank you. In the meantime, someone has kindly set their own mob on me, possibly in response to my posting here? Ah, the election bringing out the best in everyone. I remember I got bored half way through last year as well.
So I shall be spending the next couple of weeks elsewhere. But I did make a note of the person in question -- so much fun to come.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragnar%Degenhand
+2 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6/30/2017
There really does need to be a way to opt out of the Agitator social actions. It makes perfect sense to have a character for whom that profession fits while not wanting to be a target of multiplayer harassment. Of course, if someone opts out of the mobs, they shouldn't be able to send any either.

On an unrelated note, I think we need a change to the Flit Calling in Favours card. I do like having a more valuable cash in, but if we're meant to spend Favours rather than hoard them, there has to actually be a way to spend them. When I draw a faction card with 7 Favours already, I want to spend one so I can use the faction card, not just hold onto it until I draw a different card. (Which doesn't even work for players unaware of that one cash-in being a location specific card.)

I suggest that part of the Revolutionaries conversion should be making the card a regular storylet, as it once was many years ago. That cash in's unusual profitability was balanced by its card-based nature in the era of Connected, but now that we have card-based Favours it seems redundant and counterproductive.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
Litho
Litho

7/3/2017
There's a typo in The Day of Agitation storylet: "London's Agitators are building up to something special, which may effect Persons of Some Importance." (The correct word would be "affect".)
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/3/2017
Typo and bug reports are typically best sent to support@failbettergames.com

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Mordaine Barimen
Mordaine Barimen

7/3/2017
Wanting better feedback about social actions and player behaviour by including PVP on any POSIs who don't cease electioneering? And another idfferent PVP with Menaces via Debates?

Your feedback is the Exceptional Friendship subscription I just cancelled.

--
I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
+4 link
dov
dov

7/4/2017
Overall the debate mechanics seem interesting, but I'm unable to fully experience it because of two design decisions:
  • It takes 6 social actions (3 each, in turn).
  • You can't challenge someone for a Debate, or receive such an invitation, with already in a Debate with someone.

Because of this, there's a lot of waiting for the other person. How long should I wait before giving up and canceling the debate? And while waiting, No one can invite me and they move on to other Debate partners.

I'd like to request fixing this. Without knowing about the underling implementation, here are two methods I could think of:
  • Allow people to engage in a Debate with more than one person at a time. It will probably mean making the "Readying Yourself to Debate" and "The Judge's Decision" qualities hold multiple values (per each Debate Partner). Other than that, I don't see any other obstacle to this.
  • Reduce the number of needed social actions. For example, when presented with a Debate invitation, instead of just Accept/Decline options, how about we can already choose our supporters (or Decline)? And why not select our two debate options (i.e. supporters and argument style) at once and not have each its own social action? e.g. picking our supporters, instead of a social action, this might redirect us to a MUST storylet to choose the argument style, which will be the only social action. This was it's possible to reduce the amount of social actions from 6 overall to about 3.

edited by dov on 7/4/2017

--
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+5 link
JimmyTMalice
JimmyTMalice

7/4/2017
The back-and-forth nature of the debates is rather annoying, yes. It seems impossible to resolve in a reasonable amount of time unless you're in direct contact with someone (say, on the Fallen London IRC channel), and even then it's a lot of needless clicking. I'd much prefer to be able to decide my tactics in one go after sending or receiving the request and then immediately get the result.

--
Gideon Stormstrider, the Episcopalian Esotericist
Jimmy T. Malice, gone.

A Squid in the Polls
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/4/2017
An absurdly uncharitable way to see this is that a sore loser can lock down an active player by refusing to pick up their results.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+4 link
Isaac Zienfried
Isaac Zienfried

7/4/2017
Estelle Knoht wrote:
An absurdly uncharitable way to see this is that a sore loser can lock down an active player by refusing to pick up their results.

I'd actually realized that could be done, but didn't mention it for fear it would actually be utilized.

...But yeah, just challenge someone to a debate, let them accept, and then leave London for the week so they can't cancel. It's extremely dirty and dishonorable, and likely to attract FB's attention rather quickly. I'd be shocked if they aren't already aware of this prospect.

--
Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/4/2017
You can cancel at anytime before the debates happen proper, though.

--
0 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

7/7/2017
My character needs favours from Hell.

I thought logically - as it provided connection - that selling information to Devils would grant a favour. It doesn't. In fact, all it does is increase Persuasive (which is useless to late game players, as we're maxed out in stats). I assume that Constables does the same? No favours, only a stat increase?

I'm wondering if it would not make more sense for it to increase favours?

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Gone North
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/7/2017
I think they said somewhere that they want favours to be mostly earned from cards instead of a easy carousel.

It is marginally more helpful now, though, for players stuck in midgame.

--
+1 link
Gallmarch
Gallmarch

7/7/2017
Tangentially to the subject of Favours, it would be nice during next year's election to have the 'Campaign Resources' trade-in as a universal storylet rather than an opportunity card. As it is, it's not all that useful for trading in Favours for election resources IMO.

[ETA: I've just checked the wiki and apparently it's a Frequent card; the RNG just hates me.]
edited by Gallmarch on 7/7/2017

--
My profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Gallmarch
+2 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

7/7/2017
Yes, I procrastinated for a week mostly because I didn't want 'Campaign Resources' and 'Advance your Career' to clutter up my deck. I don't even want to imagine how terrible that would be for a new player with only 2-3 cards on hand, and get spammed with one of those.

But I suppose FBG might not want players to just buy their election careers from a 'Campaign Resources' storylet instead of doing Flash Lays and Investigations and stuff like that.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

7/8/2017
How about a confirmation box for the "report to moderator" button on the forums? I just now misclicked one :P
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

7/8/2017
Don't worry about it too much. It happens enough the mods are used to it.

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
0 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

7/8/2017
As far as I read, fixing stuff like that in these forums is beyond them. Or too much work to be worth it. Ideally everyone would want entirely new forums, with much better functionality. But that is not in the budget. Or something like that.
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

7/8/2017
Robin Alexander wrote:
My character needs favours from Hell.

I thought logically - as it provided connection - that selling information to Devils would grant a favour. It doesn't. In fact, all it does is increase Persuasive (which is useless to late game players, as we're maxed out in stats). I assume that Constables does the same? No favours, only a stat increase?

I'm wondering if it would not make more sense for it to increase favours?

It should give something, other than just an increase to your stat. Seems like an oversight when it used to give Connected and now gives virtually nothing. Come on, guys, sort yourselves out! I get that you don't want favours from anything but cards, but there ought to be some kind of reward to make it worthwhile. You are selling information, so they should be paying with something.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link