Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

phryne
phryne

1/30/2017
I'd just like to say how immensely I enjoyed the Season of Skies! Can't wait for the bonus story, but it's definitely my favourite season already: all three stories were truly Exceptional, as was the way they were tied into each other. Not sure how you're going to top this one... ;P
edited by phryne on 1/30/2017

--
a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memorya Raven?
List of useful thingsFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
+1 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

1/30/2017
The above kind of reminds me . . .

Could we get the option to vote on EF stories we play, again? Just, I don't think I've been able to give a score out of five in a very long time . . . it feels like some stories are very divisive; it'd be nice to have a way to show FBG how players feel, both good and bad, and a way for FBG to see which stories are well-received and which aren't (so future stories can be improved upon and get better with each release).

The forums can be a good way to express opinions, but many users don't use the forums or social media, and - well - I'm curious how the masses consider certain stories . . . I'm not sure why FBG retired the ability to vote on EF stories, but it could be a good idea to bring it back.

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Gone North
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
+2 link
Ben
Ben

2/1/2017
I am getting SO TIRED of "helping" my visit "contacts" now that the limit is arbitrarally capped at 9.

How about, please, the lock condition is "remote location OR 9 points" in whatever quality it is that is tracked in the relationship with that person.

There is nothing worth a turn on those cards once I'm at 9.

If I only got "visit" and could pick one of the 4, I can get an okay reward still... but that one... just ... irks me.

--
The wind has no destination.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/IcountFrom0
0 link
The Master
The Master

2/1/2017
Ben wrote:
I am getting SO TIRED of "helping" my visit "contacts" now that the limit is arbitrarally capped at 9.

How about, please, the lock condition is "remote location OR 9 points" in whatever quality it is that is tracked in the relationship with that person.

There is nothing worth a turn on those cards once I'm at 9.

If I only got "visit" and could pick one of the 4, I can get an okay reward still... but that one... just ... irks me.

The card is still very profitable(the forger gives 4 echoes in items+a criminal favour now, others will likely get a favour as well but they usually give a very good amount of echoes anyways, im pretty sure most people won't actually like losing the card.

edit:or are you talking about a different card? Because I don't know any contact cards other than the visit and the music hall singer(but it's only her, and she is locked with a remote location so it's not that).
edited by The Master on 2/1/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lolwolfking
A very ruthless and daring doctor of the neath.

No more gift exchanges, im getting too many and I can barely hold these.
He has knowledge of a certain enigma, ask, you will get a clue.
+1 link
xKiv
xKiv

2/2/2017
The Master wrote:

edit:or are you talking about a different card? Because I don't know any contact cards other than the visit and the music hall singer(but it's only her, and she is locked with a remote location so it's not that).
edited by The Master on 2/1/2017

Possibly the sardonic-music hall-singer? But those two cards average something like 1.6 epa and +1 mw/a with just a little cardholding management ... (1.95 epa if you also feed extra CPs of forger into it)

And then there are the forger/functionary options on the lowlevel lodgings cards ... where the forger option goes up to 3 epa, and the functionary option is functionally worthless, but both are on lodgings cards so shouldn't be locked by remote location.

Then there's the bast-artist, but that's an accomplishment, not an acquaintance.

And the model, but you can get rid of her.

Remaining city vices: tournament of weasels, ortographic infection, rather decadent evening.

So, no idea.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+1 link
Ben
Ben

2/6/2017
yes, the singer, and drawing it when you already have 9, is not going to be any value... unless you hold it until you've got the other card.

--
+1 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

2/11/2017
This is a rather minor issue, but it's a little unwieldy to check how many favors you have. It requires two clicks and then scrolling to search in the contacts submenu.

Perhaps favors could be reclassified as items, and moved under Advantage along with your second chances? Then they'd be right at the top of your inventory in plain view.

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
+6 link
Otachi
Otachi

2/13/2017
Have you guys considered making searching the inventory possible? Especially in the "curiosity" section. There is far too many items and sometimes we can't find the one we are looking for.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rowan%20Carter

- Accepting all social actions (especially chess).
- I can no longer accept calling cards.
- Going North.
+1 link
Doctor Adventure
Doctor Adventure

2/17/2017
It would be swell if story content that was unfinished and could not be completed would stop being in the opportunity deck once you hit the content boundary...
+3 link
Ben
Ben

2/17/2017
Otachi wrote:
Have you guys considered making searching the inventory possible? Especially in the "curiosity" section. There is far too many items and sometimes we can't find the one we are looking for.

the app has this. .. maybe eventually?

--
+1 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

2/18/2017
I'm wondering if it's possible to let us know the writers of the EF stories somewhat in advance? It's clear the stories are planned ahead; each season allows us to see in our 'study' the two upcoming stories, which means they must already be in some form of development . . . I'm thus wondering if you could add the writer name to the description?

I ask for two reasons; the first is that it could help get people excited for a writer whose work they love, adding publicity and also acting as promotion for that writer (as not everyone checks the forums), but also - secondly - it can help us to avoid writers whom we may not like as much.

I usually buy my subscription a day before, for example, to have 40 actions for the story itself, but . . . after a terrible experience last month, with it involving x writer whose work I tend to enjoy less than others, I'm debating whether to just wait and see the forum post (for who wrote it to decide whether it's worth it) . . . I may just be the only person, although I know I saw another user equally as off-put by the previous story, and - well - this seems a good way to help people make an informed purchase. After all, when you buy a book, or pre-order a book, you always know exactly who wrote it at the time of committing to purchase.

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Gone North
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
0 link
Fredward
Fredward

2/19/2017
Any way to hide the exceptional (golden border) stories? Cuz I have like four of them just... hovering there. Following me everywhere I go.

Forever.
0 link
dov
dov

2/19/2017
Fredward wrote:
Any way to hide the exceptional (golden border) stories? Cuz I have like four of them just... hovering there. Following me everywhere I go.

Forever.

You mean the starter storylets? Just play them and you won't see them again.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
Fredward
Fredward

2/19/2017
dov wrote:
Fredward wrote:

Forever.

You mean the starter storylets? Just play them and you won't see them again.

How though? Currently there are three: The Empress' Shadow, if I click on it says it requires 35 fate to pick the sole option, it does not go away. There is the Season of Skies, I can study which gives me some cryptic clues but doesn't seem to build to anything, I can't consider what I've learned since I have none of the requirements and one of the requirements is listed as impossible atm, it doesn't go away. Then there's a Season of Wrecks, I speak to everyone and then go to the bluejacket but there's no option to do anything, I can only turn back. It's been a while since I've logged in so I might have done some things in the stories and forgotten doing them but I didn't buy any of these.

Two of these follow me around, one only shows up in my lodgings.

Also, I'm unaccountably peckish level 10 and I have NO IDEA when or how that happened.
0 link
Mordaine Barimen
Mordaine Barimen

2/19/2017
once you get even a single point of unaccountably pecking (dinner at Dante's Feast of the Exceptional Rose card option failure gives it, for example,) it will increase every week with Time the Healer.

To get rid of it, one of the simpler methods is to go "Take Some Refreshment" in the Labyrinth of Tigers. It will reduce Unaccountably Peckish, and once you remove all UP, it won't increase with TtH until/unless you have UP again.

--
I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
0 link
dov
dov

2/19/2017
Fredward wrote:
How though? Currently there are three: The Empress' Shadow...

(...)

There is the Season of Skies...

(...)

Then there's a Season of Wrecks...

Ah, OK.

The Empress's Shadow is not an Exceptional Story. It's a "regular"
Fate story (like "The Gift", or "The Soul Trade"). I imagine that at some point (e.g. when the Feast ends) it will move to the regular Fate page.

The other two you mentioned are indeed Exceptional Stories, and it seems you've already played their starter storylets. The storylet to access your study is there as part of the Season of Skies, and should remain there while the season is active.

I have no idea why you still see the story of the previous season (of Wrecks). I don't have that shown for my main (an Exceptional Friend) nor my alt (non-Exceptional)

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

2/19/2017
I have occasionally had the storylet from the season of Wrecks show up again long after it was over. I don't think it's happened recently, but it definitely happened.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
CzechCaptain
CzechCaptain

2/19/2017
Hi everyone Id´like to translate Sunless Sea from English to Czech language . For better enjoyment from the game .Because I like this game . Can U help me to locate files that needs to translate Please ?
edited by CzechCaptain on 2/19/2017
0 link
Kaosu
Kaosu

3/13/2017
With the introduction of Renown, we've all been using the Connected items a lot in order to convert Favours to Renown. Since we're using them so frequently, it's a bit of a pain to have to remember which item is in which category and then hunt through the enormous inventory to find the desired item. Would it be possible to make a separate inventory category (maybe called "Trading Favours" or something) where all the Connected items will be placed for easier access?
+4 link
Rui Rodrigues
Rui Rodrigues

3/13/2017
Hello, I'd like to suggest a "quality of life" option. Everyone who has grinded Making Waves at some point knows of the cross-category item conversion chain which at the end of a full 13 action "carousel" nets you +1 of each item and, most importantly of course, between 4-40 Making Waves.
Now, what I'm suggesting, is to include an option, in the uses menu of each of these items, to do a full cycle, obviously at the cost of 13 actions (maybe 14 if you want to give some sort of penalty) which gives us the same rewards (or maybe a bit less MW, again, if you want some kind of penalty), so we don't have to spend so long just clicking through our inventory, scrolling, waiting for loadings, possibly forgetting at which step we are, etc...
Thanks
edited by Rui Rodrigues on 3/13/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/kingrodrigo
+2 link