Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Forum Moderation Messages in this topic - RSS

Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

1/17/2014
We've just anointed Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook as a forum moderator. Sir Fred has a long history of enthusiastic participation and friendly courtesy, and has committed himself to the cause of deleting spam and politely reminding people not to drop cigar-ash on the floor.

• We invite you to fling your hats in the air and cry huzzah! If you have no hat, please do fling anything you choose in the air, excepting those things which might bite, or explode, on landing.
  • +30 link
    David Lombard
    David Lombard

1/17/2014
  • Congrats! Excellent choice. Perhaps the good doctor will stand duty on occasion. Also a stalwart selection.

• --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/David~Lombard
  • 0 link
    Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook
    Administrator

1/17/2014
    Thank you very much, Mr K! I promise not to bite if flung, and am very unlikely to explode, except immediately after supper.

--
    Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook, the Libertarian Esotericist. Reginald Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Ms Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
    +23 link
    Alexis Kennedy
    Alexis Kennedy

1/17/2014
    Babelfishwars has now joined Sir Fred on the moderators' podium! Since BFW exists in a more Greenwichy time zone, together, they span the globe.

• Please continue with any flinging you feel inclined to.
  • +17 link
    streetfelineblue
    streetfelineblue

1/17/2014
    Yay! Congrats ^^

--
    Twitter: @streetfelineblu
    Blue's LiveJournal
    Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
    Blue's Night Circus diary
    Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
    0 link
    Administrator

1/17/2014
    Hullo, bfw - delighted to be working with you!

--
    Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook, the Libertarian Esotericist. Reginald Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Ms Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
    +2 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

1/17/2014
    Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
    Hullo, bfw - delighted to be working with you!

• Unlike Sir Fred, I'm entirely corruptible and utterly open to bribes. Alas, none of you can afford me, so I *suppose* I'll have to moderate in a reasonable fashion, with no tiger-tail tormenting.

Edit: on this one occasion I'll assume you are prone to taking me literally. The above translates to: it'll be a pleasure assisting the tiger keeper, community massager* and Sir Fred in controlling the inmates. If I have to moderate, I'll make clear my moderator hat is on, and will type straight, with no implied anything. Posts as me minus hat will be business as normal, please treat as normal and give no more deference than you ordinarily would give one of my magnificence.

*phone error, but wonderful enough to keep.
    edited by babelfishwars on 1/17/2014

--
    Note: Not as grumpy as sounds. Loves arguing. Doesn't actually hate you.
    "Ever-Spockean"
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin
  • +13 link
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

1/17/2014
    Welcome, delicious moderator friends!

--
    DO NOT send requests for Parabolan Kittens; my Panther needs a break.

Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
    +1 link
    Spacemarine9
    Spacemarine9

1/17/2014
    babelfishwars wrote:

Alas, none of you can afford me

Are you quite certain? My rat stockpiles are as expansive as they are exotic. I've got rats of all kinds. Rattus faber, rattus rattus, mus rattus, rat gloria, rat ultionis, mus regem, rattus sanctum, rattus sescenti, mus velit... Rats for all tastes and persuasions! Everyone has their price. In rats.thanks google translate i have no idea what latin is

I had a jokey paragraph about ktchenz and other such spamstuff here but i think the forum ate it, so, a summary; congratulations on becoming part of the Anti-Spam Taskforce. try not to spend too long in the presence of a spam, though, lest the spam-preventer become the spam-causer (a legitimate concern, definitely)

babelfishwars wrote:
    community massager

literally my dream job, probably i think
    edited by Spacemarine9 on 1/17/2014

--
    my rats will blot out the sun
    Ratgames
    FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
    #FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
    #SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
    +5 link
    Owen Wulf
    Owen Wulf

1/17/2014
    Congratulations on the promotion Sir Frederick. The community will no doubt benefit from your new authority.

--
    Owen Wulf's Profile Lanzo Hoffman’s Profile Lukas Uller’s Profile
    +2 link
    Fhoenix
    Fhoenix

1/17/2014
    Profession Moderator now achieved by two individuals of sufficient Notability.
    Such hats. Much celebration!

p.s. Please report description and stats of the Ban Hammer item for recording in the Wicked Book.

--
    My Character
    +10 link
    George Maddux
    George Maddux

1/17/2014
    Alexis Kennedy wrote:
  • We invite you to fling your hats in the air and cry huzzah! If you have no hat, please do fling anything you choose in the air, excepting those things which might bite, or explode, on landing.

• Well, I suppose my Unfinished Hat is right out!

Grats! This was needed!

• --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Coverzin
  • 0 link
    Laluzi
    Laluzi

1/17/2014
    Oh, congratulations, you two! I think Alexis made an excellent choice, there.

*gently flings celebratory pastries*

--
    Feel free to ask if you need something! Uninterested in Trailing the Affluent Photographer.
    Mercer - an enigmatic and brutal individual. Frightfully strong. Has even more frightful manners.
    0 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

1/17/2014
    We were about to fling a section of the forum into the air, but, alas, it seems that Spacemarine9 has discovered that it has the ability to bite. Oh well; our revolting disguise will have to do. Please be prepared for a dirt shower.

Congratulations, Sir Fredriech and Mr. Babelfish; we can conceive of no individuals better for the job than a knight and a little fish that one puts in one's ear.
    0 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

1/17/2014
    Snowskeeper wrote:
    We were about to fling a section of the forum into the air, but, alas, it seems that Spacemarine9 has discovered that it has the ability to bite. Oh well; our revolting disguise will have to do. Please be prepared for a dirt shower.

Congratulations, Sir Fredriech and Mr. Babelfish; we can conceive of no individuals better for the job than a knight and a little fish that one puts in one's ear.

I'm only Mr when practicing surgery. You may call me mistress, especially when groveling.

(Power gone to my head already? Never!)

:-)

--
    Note: Not as grumpy as sounds. Loves arguing. Doesn't actually hate you.
    "Ever-Spockean"
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin
    +4 link
    Cocytus
    Cocytus

1/17/2014
    Congratulations, you pair. May your reign of terror be long and brutal.

--
    Cocytus, the Avuncular Wordsmith, a river outside a box.
    Stock Titus, a rapturous individual ahead of its time. (Dormant)
    +4 link
    Maddyanne
    Maddyanne

1/17/2014
    Congratulations to you both! *An unusually well mannered urchin delivers congratulatory bouquets of fragrant mushrooms*
    edited by Maddyanne on 1/17/2014

--
    Parthenia in Fallen London http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Parthenia
    0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

1/17/2014
    Congratulations Sir Fred and Babelfishwars.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome though loitering might be inconvenient at times. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    0 link
    MaskedGentleman
    MaskedGentleman

1/17/2014
    Congratulations to Sir Fred and Bablefishwars, and a compliment to Failbetter as well for their wise choices in moderators.

--
    I would like to thank this community and game for the many years of joy you have brought me. May you find your Heart's Desire.

Daniel Redwood
    0 link
    deadcrystal
    deadcrystal

1/17/2014
    Congratulations to the both of you, with your addition we may hope to see a reduction in spambots, or at the least, a better class of spambots. I myself am a fan of the meandering melancholy spambot, with more designs on introspection than actual product sale, but to each their own.

• edited by deadcrystal on 1/17/2014

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Alice~Darkmoor
    A determined Dolphin - Alexis
    Great Grind Empress, and Knife and Candle Queen
  • +4 link