Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Protégés Seeking Patrons (Only protégés need post) Messages in this topic - RSS

Adelaide deBusschet
Adelaide deBusschet

11/29/2017
Greetings delicious friends!

I, Lady Adelaide deBusschet, a proud lady of society, am quite vexed in poking through the ruins of the Fourth City. While normally the area fills me with ruinenlust as I search for long lost treasures, it has been frustrating in enduring such slow progress in light of the presence of rival archaeologists. Are there any patrons who possess extraordinary minds that might have the time to offer private lessons of acuity? Do mind the blood everywhere though. Some of it may not be mine.

Sincerely,
Adelaide

Postscript: There seems to be a hole in my head for I have no riddles to offer. My apologies.

(Base stats are:

Watchful 78
Shadowy 91
Dangerous 82
Persuasive 80)

UPDATE: Colin Sapherson, Lord President of the Council, had become my mentor a few weeks after this post. Thanks for the patronage!
edited by Adelaide deBusschet on 12/26/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Adelaide%20deBusschet
Adelaide deBusschet, a lady of high society.

Feel free to send me any sort of social invites, excluding cats in boxes.
0 link
Drazzil
Drazzil

12/5/2017
Oof. Too dense for a riddle. 80,42,68,68 respectively. I would like a patron of shadowy perhaps, but maybe someone who could introduce me to the RP side.

Found a patron. Thanks in advance.
edited by Drazzil on 12/28/2017
edited by Drazzil on 12/28/2017
+1 link
Jacques
Jacques

12/8/2017
Hi! I am a detective / writer / political intrigue character and am looking to get a watchful patron (An Extraordinary Mind) to help me raise watchful, in the hopes of one day becoming a PoSI.

Stats:
W71

S30
D24
P47
In-game name is TheCaptain157 (That name I chose before knowing anything about FL)
Thanks!

Oooh, a riddle. Hmmmmm. You are in a room with no doors, windows, vents, etc. All you have is a wooden bench and a mirror. How do you get out?
  • +1 link
    Child of Storm
    Child of Storm

12/10/2017
    Greetings, Delicious Friends!

I am Child of Storm: duelist, fungus-wrangler, and explorer of fallen cities. W86 S76 D91 P22. I spend my days (does the neath have days? can you really count time like so many marbles?) prowling for trouble. My heart yearns for the glittering darkness of the zee. I seek the patronage of a Legendary Charisma, though I would not turn down the tutelage of any well-meaning individual. I detest the thought of writing poetry, and having a mentor to guide me through the nuance of high-born company would be immensely valuable.

For riddles, a classic:
    This thing all things devours,
    birds, beasts, trees, and flowers,
    gnaws iron, bites steel,
    grinds hard stones to meal.
    Slays kings, ruins towns,
    and beats high mountains down.
    edited by Child of Storm on 12/13/2017
    0 link
    Malachai
    Malachai

12/11/2017
    Hello, hello!

I have recently started playing Fallen London (as in, I signed up a few days ago, realized I made a mistake, deactivated my account, remade a new account just yesterday) and I would like a Patron! I'm not exactly sure how the process works, but I am eager to learn, even if I make mistakes along the way. If my stats are just not good enough to warrant a Patron yet, please tell me and I'll work on my stats before I reapply.

Now, as for my unaugmented stats...

Watchful: 12
    Shadowy: 8
    Dangerous: 20
    Persuasive: 10

My name in Fallen London is MalachaiTea, and I am described as a ferocious and charming gentleman. How nice! My current Ambition is to hunt the Vake. I am highly interested in steampunk and I am a huge fan of the Dolls of New Albion and several other of Paul Shapera's works, and I was extremely excited when I stumbled upon this game. I also really like dragons! Is this weird? Am I rambling? Most likely! I don't actually have a riddle, but I do enjoy puns and twists of words and language.

I suppose I would like my highest stat to be Dangerous, as that seems the most fun for me at the moment. As such, I am looking for A Shattering Force to help me along! Again, if my stats are too low to even be considered, please tell me and I can delete this post and come back when I have better ones.
    +1 link
    Kylie Wen
    Kylie Wen

12/11/2017
    Hi! I'm Kylie, your friendly neighborhood useless lesbian! I spend my time performing random acts of kindness and sleeping with as many women as possible.
    Unfortunately, I dislike violence, and so I'm having trouble learning how to be Dangerous. I'd also like help becoming more Watchful, if possible.

Any guidance would be very appreciated!

Base stats:

Watchful: 63
    Shadowy: 57
    Dangerous: 47
    Persuasive: 114
    0 link
    Alguem
    Alguem

12/14/2017
    Alguem here - a neath newborn. Arriving any place new is a matter of grasping in the dark, although never before have I meant that quite so literally. A person of legendary charisma to guide me as my eyes adjust...

Base stats:

Watchful: 19
    Shadowy: 11
    Dangerous: 6
    Persuasive: 37

A riddle:

Lord of the night, shies away from day,
    Commander of the seas but never wet with spray.

What am I, then?
    edited by Alguem on 12/15/2017
    0 link
    Drazzil
    Drazzil

12/20/2017
    The moon?
    +1 link
    Drazzil
    Drazzil

12/20/2017
    Still looking for a patron.
    +1 link
    SeekerOfTrails
    SeekerOfTrails

29 days ago
    Greetings, humble seeker of trails is glad to introduce yourself. For now, I am seeking not traces of forgotten, but a mentor in Dangerous deeds (people don't like to share their knowledge).

Base stats:
    Watchful: 37
    Shadowy: 59
    Dangerous: 24
    Persuasive: 39

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jack%20from%20Shadow
    0 link
    Ozira
    Ozira

26 days ago
    Greetings fellows, just another poor soul whose trying to get the hang of living in this version of London.

WATCHFUL 70
    SHADOWY 40
    DANGEROUS 18
    PERSUASIVE 82

Now, im seeking Persuasive or Watchful patrons.
    And with the riddler thing, my native language is not english, and even then i am not good either with them.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ian%20Amarante
    0 link
    lightbeamsoup
    lightbeamsoup

17 days ago
    Greetings all; I have come but recently to this strange new land, and seek a tutor in the ways of watching.

My base stats:
    W: 86
    S: 47
    D: 60
    P: 67

A riddle for your pleasure:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, split by boughs of yew
    I took the side of a prime divine, was it number one or two?
    edited by lightbeamsoup on 1/2/2018
    edited by lightbeamsoup on 1/11/2018

--
    A soup of wonders... but ah such horrors 'neath as well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/lightbeamsoup
    0 link
    The Curious Watcher
    The Curious Watcher

15 days ago
    [TLDR: Looking for Watchful, Shadowy, Dangerous, and Persuasive Patrons for an alt]

Hello, I am here to introduce to you an acquaintance of mine that is in dire need of assistance known as the Silent Hunter! She has recently traveled to the Neath in order to pursue the Vake, a most dangerous bounty, but as she is unskilled, please forgive her for any of her...habits.

Her base stats:
    Watchful: 5
    Shadowy: 5
    Dangerous: 6
    Persuasive: 5

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Silent%20Vake%20Hunter

A riddle: Attracted to light, but dressed in tatters. Hunted by bats, but does not know better. Spurred on by the candle, more than what Veils can handle. What am I?

--
    Den Blackwell,
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Den%20Blackwell

The Silent Vake Hunter,
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Silent%20Vake%20Hunter
    0 link
    curtistruffle
    curtistruffle

15 days ago
    Good evening friends. Character asking is Jane Barlowe, my light-fingered and flame-hearted alt.

Watchful: 67
    Shadowy: 73
    Dangerous: 78
    Persuasive: 87

She's a contradictory lady of fine breeding, often conquered by brand new social, philosophic and scientific ideologies; a seasoned member of discussion clubs and shouter of street campaigns. Her major limitation is impulsiveness and inability to study deep enough, so she is notorious of her amateurism and seeks a Watchful patron.

And an existential riddle: As more you take, so more it grows.
    edited by curtistruffle on 1/4/2018

--
    Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a grim, ruthless stalker of city streets and hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
    Jane Barlowe(Light Fingers), a reckless and kind-hearted bringer of Revolution.

Social actions appreciated. I loiter, eat nightmares, beg for scandal loss, give gifts and roleplay.
    0 link
    curtistruffle
    curtistruffle

11 days ago
    Patronage established, thanks!

--
    Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a grim, ruthless stalker of city streets and hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
    Jane Barlowe(Light Fingers), a reckless and kind-hearted bringer of Revolution.

Social actions appreciated. I loiter, eat nightmares, beg for scandal loss, give gifts and roleplay.
    +2 link