Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Protégés Seeking Patrons (Only protégés need post) Messages in this topic - RSS

Emmy Buchman
Emmy Buchman

6/6/2017
Good Evening,
I am seeking a seeking an Invisible Eminence to aid me in learning all things shadowy, as I am unfortunately somewhat unskilled in that regard.
Watchful: 104
Shadowy: 40
Dangerous: 78
Persuasive: 75

Edit: I have now found an Invisible Eminence.
edited by Emmy Buchman on 6/7/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emmy%20Buchman
--A Swiss Mathematician
0 link
Pophelia Lancy
Pophelia Lancy

6/13/2017
I am seeking patronage from either a Shattering Force or an Invisible Eminence.

Current unaltered stats:
Watchful 61
Shadowy 40
Dangerous 42
Persuasive 72

A little about me: My Ambition is to seek the destruction of the one who surgically dismembered my beloved Spouse while we slept, leaving the bits of his corpse scattered throughout the bedroom of our locked second-storey flat on the Surface. Of course the Law thought I had done it and I had to escape to the Neath. Now nothing will stand in my way until I have scoured all of Fallen London for his killer.

Sincerely,

Dr. Pophelia Lancy

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Pophelia%20Lancy

Edit: I am most grateful to have secured the gracious patronage of the mysterious and accomplished Invisible Eminence, Armdia.
edited by Pophelia Lancy on 6/19/2017
0 link
Djanfarnaby
Djanfarnaby

6/14/2017
Hello, prospective patrons!
Whilst I am exquisitely persuasive and magnificently charming, my amazing beauty does hinder me in passing unnoticed, or frightening others.

As such, I would love to find a Shattering Force and an Invisible Eminence to help me become the phenomenal all-rounder I was always destined to be.

My current unaltered stats are:

Watchful 80
Shadowy 57
Dangerous 56
Persuasive 120

Many thanks in advance,

Djan Farnaby

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/djanfarnaby
0 link
 Saklad
Saklad

6/18/2017
Seeing as it is currently impossible for Patrons to take on Protégés, as opposed to being asked to do so, I’d like to offer my services as an Extraordinary Mind. Anyone who would benefit from my tutelage may arrange it using the “Seek a Patron” storylet.

--
Saklad5, a man of many talents
+1 link

6/19/2017
Hello!

I am seeking an Invisible Eminence to help me learn the ways of the shadow.

My current stats are:
Watchful 53
Shadowy 35
Dangerous 44
Persuasive 53
+1 link
NikoLazuli
NikoLazuli

6/19/2017
Hello! I'm searching for patrons to improve my Shadowy. My current stats are:

Watchful 39
Shadowy 36
Dangerous 42
Persuasive 38

Thank you very much.

Update: I have found a patron. I have no need to search for on anytime soon. Thank you very much.
Profile Link
--

Mod Edit: This post glitched during posting - original text located in this spoiler just in case I misread the stat levels.
[spoiler]Hello%252C%2520I%2527m%2520searching%2520for%2520patrons%2520to%2520improve%2520my%2520Shadowy.%2520My%2520current%2520stats%2520are%252C%253Cdiv%253EWatchful%2520%253A%252039%253C/div%253E%253Cdiv%253EShadowy%2520%253A%252036%253C/div%253E%253Cdiv%253EDangerous%2520%253A%252042%253C/div%253E%253Cdiv%253EPersuasive%2520%253A%252038%253C/div%253E%253Cdiv%253EThank%2520you%2520very%2520much.%253C/div%253E[/spoiler]
--
edited by Sara Hysaro on 6/19/2017
edited by NikoLazuli on 6/28/2017

--
The night shivers, while secrets and shadows run past the hidden eyes.
+1 link
miss_all_sunday
miss_all_sunday

29 days ago
I am terribly sorry if this is not the place to ask, but has someone had trouble with the patronage system lately? I got a message requesting patronage and it won't let me respond, it takes me to a new page to answer them but then they tell me there are no eligible contacts in my list. Anyone experiencing this?

--
Miss All Sunday, the Dreaming Gentlewoman
0 link
dov
dov

29 days ago
miss_all_sunday wrote:
I am terribly sorry if this is not the place to ask, but has someone had trouble with the patronage system lately? I got a message requesting patronage and it won't let me respond, it takes me to a new page to answer them but then they tell me there are no eligible contacts in my list. Anyone experiencing this?

Possibly, after sending you the request, their Social Influence raised above 94, making them ineligible to accept a Patron. If you choose the option to reject their offer, does the game show their name as a potential recipient?

Alternatively, you can always contact support for help to resolve this if it's unclear. There *are* a few bugs in the new social action approach where you can be left with a message to which you can't respond anymore (or even reject).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Thisismyshine
Thisismyshine

29 days ago
Hoping to find a patron for Invisible Eminence.
Just starting out really though I have a basic understanding of the game and how to navigate through it.

Watchful 28
Shadowy 15
Dangerous 21
Persuasive 9

My profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lilah%20Velinov

Random adds ok.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lilah%20Velinov
+1 link
norathar
norathar

29 days ago
Hello!

I'm hoping to find a patron of Invisible Eminence to help with Shadowy.

Current unaltered stats:

Watchful 84
Shadowy 52
Dangerous 59
Persuasive 95

Username is Norathar and my character is currently rather poor, having spent all her Echoes in purchasing an entry in Slowcake's and a bright brass reliquary with the eventual goal of having a marriage at Zee. (After that, her next goal is an expedition involving being a Scholar of the Correspondence, and hopefully opening a way to the University.)

Edit: Patron found! (Also, thank you to the person who kindly offered to be my Patron a few hours after the first person had responded. The game isn't allowing me to respond to you at the moment, so hopefully you'll see this.)
edited by norathar on 6/29/2017
+2 link
Armel Lopin
Armel Lopin

25 days ago
Hello one, hello all,

Now that we've been properly introduced, I come to you on this fair... whatever hour it is, seeking an Extraordinary Mind to hone mine own.

If I was of a kind to rate my talents numerically, I'd say that without any tricks or costumery, I'd be:
  • 76 watchful,
  • 118 shadowy,
  • 76 dangerous,
  • 128 persuasive.
I do hope one of you bright and keen detectives en herbe will take me under your wing... I am most interested in learning your trade. Most interested. But it's pure intellectual curiosity, mind. I certainly am not hoping to learn how to circumvent any insistent gentlemen in blue. Not at all.

Dans l'espoir que vous voudrez bien accéder à ma demande, je vous prie d'accepter l'expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs.
A.L.
edited by Armel Lopin on 6/29/2017

--
[[ Full-sized portrait ]]
[[Profile ]]
Currently seeking a patron!
+1 link
Coldarra
Coldarra

24 days ago
Greetings Fellow Londoners,

I, Coldarra, former governor of the isles of Ascension find myself down on my luck (and down in the Neath one could say). I am currently in search of a mentor, a Shattering Force, who could perhaps improve my woeful skill in dueling.

My talents are varied and uninspired, though I hope they will not turn any away for I am eager to learn.
- 35 Watchful
- 82 Shadowy
- 15 Dangerous
- 57 Persuasive
I look forward to making an acquaintance and hopefully a long lasting friendship with a patron of Shattering Force.

Coldarra, Former Governor of Ascension.

P.S. my favorite riddle comes from a source lost to time itself - 'What is in my pocket?'
edited by Coldarra on 6/29/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Coldarra
+1 link
Septimus
Septimus

23 days ago
Hello! I recently invited a friend (my wife, in fact) to Fallen London, and she graciously accepted. Her name is Nettie Taylor and she's not quite enjoying herself as much as I'd hoped, but she's making a good run of it and giving everything a chance. Nettie's interested in studying under an Extraordinary Mind, and is willing to meet at Dante's or elsewhere to speak. Her recent results on a government exam rated her Watchfulness at 18, Shadowyness at 19, Dangerousness at 18, and Persuasiveness at 17, all out of a possible 200.

Thank you for any and every help you can offer. A neighbor has been kind enough to make room in the attic for her, but I expect that she'll contribute significantly to our society. She is most interested in finding ways to compete and advance with or against others, and has a very competitive spirit. Thank you again for your prospective help.

When is a door not a door?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Septus
0 link
Aumin
Aumin

20 days ago
Hello there! I'm currently looking for an Invisible Eminence to help improve my Shadowy. Here are my current unmodified stats:
Watchful - 80
Shadowy - 77
Dangerous - 73
Persuasive - 97
Thank you in advance Big Grin

--
A breathtaking and sagacious lady.

Looking for a more mobile-friendly forum experience? Check out Amino!
0 link
Andreww
Andreww

17 days ago
Hello, I seek patronage from an Invisible Eminence to better my Shadowy skills. If you wish to help me, please feel free to contact me!

I'm quite new to FL, so my stats are:
Watchful, 20
Shadowy, 27
Dangerous, 40
Persuasive, 30

UPDATE: I have found a patron, thank you very much to all!
edited by Andreww on 7/6/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Andreww
0 link
Asca De Londion
Asca De Londion

12 days ago
Hello dear Londoners,

I'm a servant of the truth and a seeker of knowledge. As such, I'm currently investigating the ruins of the Lost Quarter. While, up until now, I've done rather good by myself alone, I've found out that help by people who ... know their ways around town, so to speak, is of the essence.

Therefore, I'm looking for an Invisible Eminence to help me with the darker parts in my quest for the light of knowledge.

So far, I've learned the following things:

Watchful, 114
Shadowy, 55
Dangerous, 61
Persuasive, 69

If a patron like to help me with that and/or this fallen city in general, please contact me!

Regards
Asca de Londion

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/De%20Londion
0 link
Revalis
Revalis

11 days ago
Update: I now have a patron

Greetings, all. I am Revalis, and I would be honoured to have An Invisible Eminence as my patron.

At present, my base stats are as follows:
Watchful: 95
Shadowy: 52
Dangerous: 71
Persuasive: 87

As far as information about myself goes... I am kind when it suits me, to those I feel are worthy of kindness. Though I can just as easily be cruel where that would provide me with greater gain. I am loyal to my friends, though if I am betrayed I will bide my time, then seek vengeance at a time when you least expect.

I am extremely fond of devils, perhaps to an unsafe degree. Still, I have yet to lose my soul, so that should serve as some small reassurance. As is implied by this, I am of course closest to Hell.

As a general rule, I try to embody the aesthetic that I feel devils represent. As such, I enjoy the company of high society individuals, as well as those of intellectual or artistic talent. I respect the authority of the Masters of the bazaar and will assist them when I am reasonably confident my efforts will be recognised, however I have no intention of following all the rules and laws that they have set out. I have a soft spot for tentacled folk, and respect for the tomb colonists and clay men.

I have little interest in associating with revolutionaries or members of the church, as I find their motivations to be incredibly dull.

I believe that covers everything of importance, so I thank any potential patrons for taking the time to read this introduction.
edited by Revalis on 7/12/2017
0 link
Kālī
Kālī

8 days ago
"The man who built it doesn't want it, the man who bought doesn't need it, the man who needs it doesn't know it."

I welcome a Patron from any walk of life, though I would prefer the assistance of an Invisible Eminence.

My current stats are all in the 10-25 range and my interests these days tend to revolve around vengeance and murder. I hail from the Elder Continent. If you wish to learn more, you may certainly ask and I shall answer as best as I can.

My deepest thanks.
edited by Kālī on 7/16/2017

--
~ Kālī ~
0 link
JaggedMallard
JaggedMallard

3 days ago
Greetings fellow Citizens

I am a newcomer to London seeking to improve the Neath in whatever little ways I can (and of course improving it for myself)and its recently come to my attention that my lacking physical prowess is preventing this, especially when you need to rough someone up a bit for the greater good. I would appreciate a Shattering Force to give me a hand in rectifying this.

My unaugmented stats are
Watchful:63
Dangerous 17
Persuasive 61
Shadowy 37

I look forward to hearing from a Shattering Force willing to help us achieve our common goals.

I now have a Patron and no longer currently need support.
edited by JaggedMallard on 7/23/2017
0 link
Zelda
Zelda

2 days ago
When I was very young, and dared to speak back to my mother, she would threaten that the gypsies would come take me away. So at night, I would pray for the day that would happen. One day, they came. I never looked back. I began to look forward, pushed by flashes of visions, feelings of dread, and general foretelling, able to see a few branches of fate while my eyes were closed. And yet, they never believe me...

W 5, S 7, D 5, P 19
I suppose I need A Legendary Charisma [Persuasive] but please advise if another works well also.

If you have it, you want to share it. If you share it, you don't have it. What is it?

--
Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Zelda%20Kalinski
New player advice: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic436-advice-for-new-players.aspx
0 link