Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Greg M
Greg M

5/7/2018
The RNG was very good to me recently: went to the Cave of the Nadir, got the Irrigo Goggles and then *two* End of Battles. That was my entire trip--3 straight successes, and one of the few new items I could get, for 8 Irrigo. I'll take that!

And then, after at least two weeks of drawing cards only in Ladybones Road, I got a salt-weasel!

I may be paying for my run of good luck now with my inability to draw the Bohemians card so I can change my profession to journalist. I've drawn every other Faction card at least once, some 3-4 times. But then all hail the mighty RNG. All hail. All hail.

--
Profile: GregM.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/GregM

Available for any non-harmful social interactions. NOT the next Mayor of London. Fraud, I say, FRAUD!
+4 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/8/2018
Dima Lazarev wrote:
Skinnyman wrote:
Dima Lazarev wrote:
I raised my Acquaintance: Sardonic Music-Hall Singer to 10 today!

Congratulations on the cap! How many cards did you need to achieve this? Big Grin

It was relatively quick for me: I believe I got two rare successes in a row on my third try or so.

Damn, this is indeed a true example of RNG when putting it next to my 25 attempts (17 S and 8 RS)!
Probably 9 rare successes, but I can't remember if I recorded the 3rd consecutive one which led me to discover the option's cap.

I salute you! Big Grin

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

5/17/2018
It only took me one try to get my first yacht, but I ended up scuttling that one when I went North. Came back, jumped in another card game for a new yacht...and got it on the first try again. Mr. Apples should really stop gambling with me.

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
+7 link
Winthropx
Winthropx

5/25/2018
I got to 15 notability and got the unsigned message. I just need 38 more influence, and I will be a Paramount Presence!!

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions except Investigating the Affluent Photographer
+8 link
0bsidian Fire
0bsidian Fire

5/29/2018
I got access to my first Minster (of Culture)!

--
Kharagal Mierqid - Bohemian Correspondent who is obsessed with the Language of Stars...
+7 link
0bsidian Fire
0bsidian Fire

6/3/2018
I have managed to procure a Consonant Violin.

--
Kharagal Mierqid - Bohemian Correspondent who is obsessed with the Language of Stars...
+6 link
The Curious Watcher
The Curious Watcher

6/4/2018
After spilling a lot of my blood, wasting a fortune, and kissing up to Slowcakes to increase my Notability, I finally have the Courier's Footprint and London's Nerves. Next stop: London's Sinew!

--
Den Blackwell,
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Den%20Blackwell

The Silent Vake Hunter,
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Silent%20Vake%20Hunter
+6 link
Jaina
Jaina

6/10/2018
I finally won the a Tournament of Lillies! I grabbed a book of Hidden Bodies just in case more uses ever appear.

--
Cair-Var, a power-hungry lover of Devils and Rubberies
Hungry Ego, A morally upstanding citizen
+1 link
Tlacamela
Tlacamela

6/10/2018
I've saved a poor dog caught in a painstalking and humilating cat reunions, disregarding their petty threats.

Still.. People says i should get rid of him.. That he's haunted.. Whatever.. He's good company.

--
Tlacamela. Lord Tlacamela.
They came. They came by the dozen. They came by the hundred. You fought them. You fought like a cornered beast, but there were too many. They took them. D**n the little furry b****rds. They took your crackers!
+1 link
Jaina
Jaina

6/12/2018
It's not necessarily fortune, but I've hit 200 in my first stat (Watchful), with Dangerous and Persuasive both at 196. I don't have *quite* enough Chess mastery yet, though. About half way there and a fourth of the way to maxing the Boatman.

--
+3 link
vinceren
vinceren

6/13/2018
this was the best draw I've ever gotten: I drew my last three cards in one click and ended up with A Presumptous Opportunity, An Unsigned Message, and a Dusty Bookshop. Now I've had my "Four Straight Months Without the Bohemians Card" and "Five Mirrors and Clay in a Row" like everyone else, but this time the RNG dun good.

--
Vinceren, Crooked-Cross, Light-Fingered.
Vindicta, Midnighter, Dueling a Nemesis.
Viratrix, Correspondent, Seeking a Heart's Desire.
Venitor, Rat-Catcher, Hunting a Legend.
+6 link
Aniline
Aniline

6/17/2018
Both mood cards and A Dream of Blood. If I manage to accidentally discard at most one I'll make Courier's Footprint in 2 weeks.

--
Melantha Prescott, the Suspicious Statistician. "3% failure chances crop up nine times out of ten."
Francesca Ayers-Kernighan, bat-hunter, cat-whisperer
+5 link
Jaina
Jaina

6/18/2018
Went to The Nadir on my alt, got Old Bones twice and End of Battles with the rare success (since that alt made the decision to tell Clathermont about his wife last feast). Easy Whirring Contraption.

Less lucky, accidentally burned 8 points of Notability to boost my Watchful unnecessarily and I still haven't drawn Amanuensis on my alt all day

--
+3 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

6/18/2018
A week ago I did the entire Tale of Terror! Upconversion to a Coruscating Soul in one go! (first time I get past the Black Lens step)

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Canon
Planning on becoming a Paramount Presence and establishing a Colony in Parabola for him and his friends.
Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of Like some items or some beasts

Please send me a calling card (or letter) first in Fallen London, I will accept most social interactions. (Photographer only if it's a dupe, else not.) I do enjoy RPing ingame, cheers!
+3 link
Emmy Buchman
Emmy Buchman

6/19/2018
I have finally become Correspondent!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emmy%20Buchman
--A Swiss Mathematician
+4 link
Wilhelm Leibniz III
Wilhelm Leibniz III

6/20/2018
Two weeks ago I got the card "A dusty bookshelf". This morning I got "A Good Omen". What are the odds!?

--
Wilhelm Leibniz III, Glassman, Hearts Desire
+1 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/12/2018
At long last I have completed SMEN. Without using the Winking Isle carousel.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+7 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

7/13/2018
How long in total did it take you? (I still haven't started, haha.)
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 7/13/2018

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
0bsidian Fire
0bsidian Fire

19 days ago
I have found my way to the Cave of the Nadir!

Also got a Starstone Demark, which Kharagal has been searching for for quite some time...
edited by 0bsidian Fire on 7/28/2018

--
+3 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

17 days ago
I recently found the Cave of the Nadir thanks to someone on here sending me an Eyeless Skull. The run itself was at half-past midnight, riding a Mood. February beat me to the Cave at 54 Archaeologists Progress because I failed a few ~80% chances (was going for 3's with rerolls on every one). I was so distraught but then the Chess Match storylet came up. I was out of rerolls, but it was a 91% chance.

Click.

Your Rivals Progress is now 1!

I was so freaking happy, you've no idea. I took 100% chances for the last steps and got there. I dread to think what would have happened had I failed and to grind Docks favours / wait for a mood / get another skull again.
edited by Arcengal on 7/30/2018
+1 link