Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Gonen
Gonen

3/13/2017
Estelle Knoht wrote:

Congrats!
But let me understand - You have that card (A Gift from a Capering Relicker) hanging in your hand for months and months?

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Sir Gonen

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
# of quirks at level 15: 5
# of quirks at level 12-14: 4
# of quirks at level 10: 1
# of quirks below level 10: 0
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/13/2017
Gonen wrote:

Congrats!
But let me understand - You have that card (A Gift from a Capering Relicker) hanging in your hand for months and months?

Yup, that's how it happens!
Imagine the joy and love for that card specially during the Feast of the Rose! Big Grin

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
laskaris
laskaris

3/14/2017
I don't know if this counts as good fortune given that it's Seeking, but RNG favored me on my last go-round through Winking Isle. It only took me four days to finish, instead of a week and I even succeeded at the most risky well luck check.

And now I never have to see that godforsaken place ever again.
+1 link
Arandia
Arandia

3/14/2017
Two good days for me - first I got my Ubergoat, then I wrote a Classic Short Story. At 67% probability. ( I still can't believe I dared try it at those odds.)
Now to finish preparations for my wedding at St. Fiacre's!

--
My profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Arandia

Looking for plant battles!
Always happy to partake in social actions. No loitering, please. Affluent Photographer: Only betrayals, please!
+3 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

3/14/2017
I am delighted to announce that I have finally managed to sort out the Admiralty's gross error at zee. The waters are again safe for all our citizens excepting only those who carelessly insult
Jermion, late Comte de Vendredi
+1 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

3/14/2017
laskaris wrote:
I don't know if this counts as good fortune given that it's Seeking, but RNG favored me on my last go-round through Winking Isle. It only took me four days to finish, instead of a week and I even succeeded at the most risky well luck check.

And now I never have to see that godforsaken place ever again.

Wait, what? I was usually able to get 7 SMEN in about two days. Either I was really lucky or you weren't. In any case, congratulations with finishing that part of seeking!

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris

3/15/2017
RNG hated me. 50% chance of success? More like 10%. Alright, maybe not so bad, but it was still pretty bad.
+1 link
TheThirdPolice
TheThirdPolice

3/15/2017
Estelle Knoht wrote:

I have it on good authority that they're Nearly There.

--
The Eternal Zailor, or The Loon who Zails in Zirkles

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheThirdPolice
+4 link
Cryptix23
Cryptix23

3/15/2017
This was a little while ago, but I finally became Stormy-Eyed after being curious about it ever since I first went mad.

--
Prone to occasionally disappear for weeks at a time.

Lady 23; the Magnanimous Midnighter, self-styled detective vigilante. Extraordinary Mind. Loves boxed cats.
The Aluminum Eagle; grumpy bandaged hobgoblin with entirely too many dogs. Shattering Force.
Threnody Lament; charmingly ruthless. No suspicious loitering.
Carrion Crow; Seeker of the Name. Cares little for safety or sanity.

All characters accepting calling cards and social actions except as noted. Follow their adventures here
+2 link
Grenem
Grenem

3/17/2017
This is a bit late (school is hard) but I am now happily married. I also slipped enough lacre to kill an army into mr. wines' cup at the party. He survived, but I think the hangover was a little worse than usual. Still, a petty victory of my own is neat to have.

On a note that is totally not related and definitely not an extension of the previous announcement, or the fact that you can get 1 urchin favor per 5 cp organizing a wedding, I am now the proud owner of renown urchins 22, and increasing rapidly.

--
Married!:http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/takuza
I will accept all social actions that do not consume free evenings- and i will provide patronage to anyone who requests it, though it will be split between all requesters.
On psudeo-hiatus. Will be inactive and active and fluctuate without warning.
Grinding Favors without cards: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx
+4 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

3/18/2017
Seems like a good time to mention that I was able to get Notability 12 with grenem's help through marriage, thus allowing me to swiftly finish seeking. It was quite satisfying.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+3 link
Legerity
Legerity

3/19/2017
My goodness... After several fruitless attempts at opening a Surprise Package, we have found ourselves in possession of a Blemmigan Secretary. How dubiously delightful.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Legerity
+4 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

3/19/2017
Legerity wrote:
My goodness... After several fruitless attempts at opening a Surprise Package, we have found ourselves in possession of a Blemmigan Secretary. How dubiously delightful.

Just "several"? Wow. Good fortune indeed. Some people have opened hundreds, and it never seems to be anything but troublesome!
+1 link
Passionario
Passionario

3/22/2017
Five "A Wily Zailor" cards in the same zee-voyage.

--
This is my profile and this is my light.
These are my words to the merciful night.
+3 link
TheThirdPolice
TheThirdPolice

3/26/2017
Passionario wrote:
Five "A Wily Zailor" cards in the same zee-voyage.

You mean five hundred, surely?

--
The Eternal Zailor, or The Loon who Zails in Zirkles

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheThirdPolice
+2 link
Suhe Gul
Suhe Gul

3/27/2017
got myself a fancy and mind blowing impossible theorem after postponing it for forever. got it on my second try so that was quite a good luck.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suhe%20gul
I am open to social actions except affluent photographer and loitering.
If you need anything I can get my hands on and willing to send me surprise package(s) in return, I can help you with that.
+1 link
DrMoriviri
DrMoriviri

3/27/2017
Well, after trying A LOT of times, yesterday the RNG blessed me since I finally got the ratwork watch from robbing a drunk rat... and discovered it is (currently) useless for me, since I am an agent and already have a +9 watchful weapon. Still! Lucky me!

Oh, and I got a bat with attitude, too, which is nice
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/27/2017
DrMoriviri wrote:
Well, after trying A LOT of times, yesterday the RNG blessed me since I finally got the ratwork watch from robbing a drunk rat... and discovered it is (currently) useless for me, since I am an agent and already have a +9 watchful weapon. Still! Lucky me!

May I ask what does "A LOT" mean? I think the rare success has been lowered (under 0.61% from 330), but I still got 120 attempts to go. Being alone with this I just thought RNG was/is a b_____d.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
DrMoriviri
DrMoriviri

3/27/2017
Skinnyman wrote:

May I ask what does "A LOT" mean? I think the rare success has been lowered (under 0.61% from 330), but I still got 120 attempts to go. Being alone with this I just thought RNG was/is a b_____d.

Well, it's hard to tell, since I didn't keep track. However, i'm sure it was waaaay lower than 330 tries. If these are the odds, I'll retract my A LOT statement
+1 link
Bertrand Lyndon
Bertrand Lyndon

3/28/2017
Skinnyman wrote:

If this is correct, I must have pleased the RNG gods somehow, since I got the Ratwork Watch in like, 5-7 tries or so (I built up SiC up to 9 and then roobed the drunken rat as much as I could, got a Watch halfway through). If add some previous tries I made without really aiming for the Watch itself, I think I robbed the rat less than 20 times before getting my prize.

DrMoriviri wrote:

You'll find a use for that Watch once you join the Midnighters' club.
edited by Bertrand Lyndon on 3/28/2017

--
Bertrand Lyndon, a former Sergeant of the 7th Dragoon Guards who deals in crime and secrets.

(My main profile: a Midnighter available for Orphanages)

Jordan Farchild, a kid who often meddles in things bigger than herself, and Bertrand's ward.

(I check this profile less often than Bertrand and I use it only for very light roleplay)

Call me Barren on the IRC.
+1 link