Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

0bsidian Fire
0bsidian Fire

1/5/2019
Woop! I now have a Vial of Cantigaster Venom and am living in a Spire-Emporium at the Bazaar!

--
Kharagal Mierqid - Bohemian Correspondent who is obsessed with the Language of Stars...
+6 link
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick

1/6/2019
Congratulations!

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick-A Legendary Charisma. Also shrouded, terrible, and focused.
Ambition: Light Fingers!
(TtH: ~6 PM Central Standard Time Mondays)

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

~
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick/Liam Moulton
A Self-Proclaimed Scholar of the Avid Horizon.
My first two studies involving the madness: "Candles at Christmas" and "One Need Not Go North".

Founder of the Grandmaster Club.

Always up for RP.
+3 link
Vega
Vega

1/8/2019
Despite a few mistakes with Pails of Snow early on, I still gained enough Taste of Lacre to upgrade two 5-card lodgings and get a Remote Address. Hooray!

Unfortunately I was too late to get a Fur Robe (having exclusively gotten Pails of Snow) but it's still a satisfying Neathmas.

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay. Member of the Temple Club, happy to invite you for a visit anytime!

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
+4 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

1/8/2019
All 3 remote addresses, all 3 five card lodgings and two robe visits. Man, this was a good time of year.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
+5 link
Tom Davidson
Tom Davidson

1/8/2019
I am now FINALLY a/the Poet Laureate. I had to wait nearly three weeks to draw a Mood card. smile

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Black%20Tom
+3 link
Tom Davidson
Tom Davidson

1/8/2019
*laugh* And since posting that, I have now drawn "A Dusty Bookshop" three times.

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Black%20Tom
+5 link
Conrad Green
Conrad Green

1/9/2019
Moved into a spire-emporium, but will have to wait for another time to get a remote address (it was my first Neathmas and went in blind). Also, I'm a couple of days away from capping my first stat (Watchful). Yay!

--
Conrad Green: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Conrad%20Green
+5 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1/11/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
Yup, it happened! Rushing on my mobile phone, a scroll event was recorded as a click.
A click to sell my level 18 and 18 CP plant! smile
This happened "only" 4 months and 1 day ago, but today I managed to finally get my plant back to that level!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
Siankan
Siankan

1/12/2019
Despite sudden connection issues and my father calling half-way through because he needed a hand with his tractor,

A Scholar of the Correspondence has increased to 21 - Courier's Footprint!

Two small bonuses:

1. It's a Goatless Footprint, so the only singed hair around here is mine.
2. I didn't end up using my A Dream of Blood card in making my run, so I was able to use it afterward and finish the job with 0 Wounds.

Edit: It's not a bad sign that this was Post #666 for me. Right? Oh, dear.
edited by Siankan on 1/12/2019

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+7 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1/13/2019
Siankan wrote:
1. It's a Goatless Footprint, so the only singed hair around here is mine.

2. I didn't end up using my A Dream of Blood card in making my run, so I was able to use it afterward and finish the job with 0 Wounds.
1. As in no Ubergoat or no goat all?
2. That's a Theo. beast card, right?

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
+1 link
Siankan
Siankan

1/13/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
1. As in no Ubergoat or no goat all?
2. That's a Theo. beast card, right?

1. Caprine Authority = 0
2. Yes.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+2 link
Lord Garuda
Lord Garuda

1/17/2019
This isn't an enormous thing, but I picked Jack's pocket for the first time today with 48% chance of success and ended my run with 27 pickpocket's trophies. That's definitely a record for me so far.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Richards
+4 link
Vega
Vega

2/1/2019
Two "A dream of blood" cards in short order, one after the other.

Time to do some lethal duels!

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay. Member of the Temple Club, happy to invite you for a visit anytime!

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/1/2019
Vega wrote:
Two "A dream of blood" cards in short order, one after the other.

Time to do some lethal duels!
Lovely, lovely! Do have fun!

--
+1 link
Lord Garuda
Lord Garuda

27 days ago
After months of grinding and pleasure, I finally made enough Romantic Notions to purchase a Key to a Handsome Townhouse. Here's to the Feast of the Rose and all the honey-mazed rakes in Veilgarden.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Richards
+3 link
NNNnobody
NNNnobody

22 days ago
I went NORTH

peed my name in the snow(y'know, in addition)

and went home.

Well, so much for the hardest sidequest in FL.
It seems like I need a new goal now, though it also seems like I need a new ship first. I think I'll be going for the yacht this time.

--
......I'm shy.....
+4 link
Azothi
Azothi

22 days ago

This was about a week ago, but my character reached Renown 50 with Criminals, but this actually qualifies as "good fortune" more so than achievement

I reached Renown 48 without Mood cards, and I needed to trade in 3 more sets of Favours. I already had both "A dusty bookshop" and "A little omen" in my hand, and so I used one. I collected seven more Favours and held onto Criminal cards. My hand at this point was ["A little omen", "A merry little crime", "The Life of Crime", "A Visit", and "The Alleys of London: The Criminals"], with a full 10 cards and 40 actions.

Used the Mood, traded in the original seven Favours, played the four Favour cards, and then began refreshing the deck via Flash Lay. Went through a total of 160 cards, and I only managed to draw the seventh Favour on the last refresh, and so I could trade in a second set of Favours on the same Mood card and reach Renown 50 without a third Mood.
edited by Azothi on 2/25/2019

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
+5 link
mp
mp

21 days ago
I'm at long last free from Renown grinding:

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/mp
+7 link
0bsidian Fire
0bsidian Fire

17 days ago
I have finally set up a Salon!

--
Kharagal Mierqid - Bohemian Correspondent who is obsessed with the Language of Stars...
+4 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12 days ago
Luck shone on the 20th of January, but needed a break from plant battles.
Today, on the 7th of March, I claimed my seventh Cryptobotanical Rosette.

--
+4 link