Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman

6/13/2017
Oh, my, congratulations! Big Grin
I see a lot of people getting their Soul back (some reported getting in back two times during Hallowmass) and it's been 6-8 months since I'm trying to find it.
Hundreds of packages and hundreds of One's Public, dozens of cards during the Hallowmass and Sackmass (Light Fingers) and nothing! Big Grin

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
friendshipranger
friendshipranger

6/14/2017
I did it! With a mood card and the new boost to Shadowy from the updated transports/home-comforts, I was *just* able to reach Renown: Criminals 50- *They Say It Was You Who Stole The Sun*! (I had to spend a *little* fate to get re-rolls for the deck because I was short a few favors at the end, but that's not cheating because I say so.)

http://imgur.com/HAiBZzB

I am very pleased. This was the renown 50 title I was most fiending for, (except perhaps The Great Game 50: You Are The Pawn That Reached D8) so it was well worth burning a mood card.
edited by friendshipranger on 6/14/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.L.%20Moriarty
+3 link
An Individual
An Individual

6/14/2017
After emptying my house of literally everything of value to purchase Cider I've finally restored my full wardrobe (which cost about 1/3 of a goat).

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
0 link
Silverias
Silverias

6/14/2017
I am on a roll!

Renown: Urchins has increased to 40 - Known even in the groaning chambers of Old Downey!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Silverias

Stop by and say hello, I'm a correspondent if you need someone to teach your kids.
0 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

6/19/2017
My first venture into piracy produced -- my soul! Thank you to all who contributed bundles over the past months -- especially you, Shally.
+3 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

28 days ago
Dangerous has not increased: this quality cannot currently increase past 200.

Woo! My first stat to 200. Odd that it should be that one, in my mind's eye my character is much more of a Shadowy/Persuasive sort of cat. Not all that big a deal, really. But it does feel like something of a milestone to me. Now come on, Watchful, you slacker. You're sixty bleedin' points behind the front-runner!

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
Barse
Barse

15 days ago
After a good few years and having long given up hope of those dang boxes ever working with me, I just opened a Blemmigan Secretary!

Shoutout to anyone who's ever sent me a Surprise Package smile

--
The Scorched Sailor, Captain of The Reckoning Postponed.
+7 link
Morkan Kassington
Morkan Kassington

14 days ago
Hallelujah! Constable: 40!

--
Ladies of the Neath, here comes Morkan Kassington, the gem among gentlemen
(He is actually a self-centered and foolish braggart, but he means no harm. Hit him up for social actions or dangerous lessons! Or just flirt.)
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

14 days ago
YES I can now travel to the Iron Republic.

Between there and getting Stormy-Eyed at Mutton Island and the inaugural term as governor at Port Carnelian, I intend to have a nice, peaceful zee-voyage after the election.

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+1 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

13 days ago
A streak of "you were lucky"s all the way from Tale of Terror! to Coruscating Soul. What are the odds? RNG loves, supports and appreciates me.

--
Gronostaj, an irresistible and lethal individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions.
+2 link
dov
dov

13 days ago
gronostaj wrote:
A streak of "you were lucky"s all the way from Tale of Terror! to Coruscating Soul. What are the odds?

2.5725 %

Nicely done!

----
edited by dov on 7/10/2017

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

13 days ago
At long last after 4-6 months of flipping cards, using the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer help card about 400 times and A Visit card ~25 times I did it: Acquaintance: Sardonic Music-Hall Singer 10!

No new options on her cards nor on A Visit card.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
+3 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

13 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
At long last after 4-6 months of flipping cards, using the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer help card about 400 times and A Visit card ~25 times I did it: Acquaintance: Sardonic Music-Hall Singer 10!

Back then you can raise Acquaintance without limit, like Quirks, so it is not surprising there isn't any extra options.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12 days ago
Estelle Knoht wrote:
Back then you can raise Acquaintance without limit, like Quirks, so it is not surprising there isn't any extra options.

Oh, I didn't know you could raise acquaintance without limit. Thought that they could be raised w/o cards. Still, I'm proud of this even if the thrill was becoming more of an annoyance! Rare (alt) success, the chill and bam! regular success and back to waiting 13 more cards to get it back to 9.

--
0 link
Spitfire Youngster
Spitfire Youngster

12 days ago
I became a Licenciate.

I post this here, because there is no "Celebrating bad fortune" thread.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Spitfire%20Youngster
Professional troublemaker, not a single regret since [REDACTED]
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1 days ago
Made up my mind and tried the option to boost Acquaintance: Sardonic Music-Hall Singer!
Got a rare success!!! 3 in a row, amazing! But the option doesn't increase the acquaintance past 10. smile

--
+2 link
navchaa
navchaa

13 hours ago
Got back my soul for the sixth time - again from the One's Public card. I wasn't even expecting it back so soon. Hello, old friend.

--
Invisible Eminence and mercenary Notary :: Happy to exchange social actions and take menaces :: No dupes and no loitering :: Please leave a message and say hello!

Engaged to Myrto :: Exchanging Surprise Packages with Myrto and ICountFrom0 :: Exchanging cat boxes with ICountFrom0

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/navchaa
+2 link