Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Helen Demeter
Helen Demeter

2/10/2014
Aaaand I'm finally at 200 Persuasive after helping Lyme think outside the box and then some. With a whooping 62320 Glims too. And this was without using Confident Smiles to boost my stats. Just need to grind for Notability now to get Legendary Charisma.

--
Helen Demeter, the Bohemian Beauty | Andrea Weaver-Well, the Scarred Operative.
Has finally returned after an unexpected hiatus. Please mind the dust but do not that I'm now open to all social actions and invitations.
0 link
Dzurlord
Dzurlord

2/10/2014
I have caught the uncatchable, and have committed an Impossible Theorem!

Not sure what to do with now, so I suspect I'll shrug and begin to learn more of the Correspondence because mindbending weirdness seems entertaining?

But yay! Theorem!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Donovan~Sionnach
Will generally accept all social actions save for the Reporter.
+2 link

"Many" Chin

2/11/2014
well i'm an Associate of the Dilmun Club(after i joined god's editors anyway) after a few failed attempts. what am i s'pose to do with this garish applety badge anyway? help me go on a zee voyage of discovery??? i don't want to get kicked out of the college yet! i'm more interested in finding more places to grind my dangerous stat...
edited by DamWei on 2/16/2014

--
"My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Ewan C.
Ewan C.

2/11/2014
Notability 12, and close to 13. Which I think will be enough for now smile. Not the most notable, for sure, but perhaps of some small import..
0 link
friendshipranger
friendshipranger

2/15/2014
J.L Moriarty is now a member of the order Ovate, of the Distinction of Glory!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.L.%20Moriarty
0 link
dragonridingsorceress
dragonridingsorceress

2/16/2014
"Many" Chin wrote:
well i'm an Associate of the Dilmun Club(after i joined god's editors anyway) after a few failed attempts. what am i s'pose to with this garish applety badge anyway? help me go on a zee voyage of discovery??? i don't want to get kicked out of the college yet! i'm more interested in finding more places to grind my dangerous stat...

IIRC, there's a card (Approaching the Gates of the Garden?) that will let you advance the Dilmun Club story once more of it is written.

ETA: Not Eyes of Icarus, that's the puppets.
edited by dragonridingsorceress on 2/16/2014

--
DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
0 link
VoxExMachina
VoxExMachina

2/17/2014
[[Dammity Jones stands in front of the associated siblinghood, decked in all their malign and oblique finery. The ragged shadow of a once- fashionable greatcoat clears a throat, and in the metallic rasp of phlegm is the sound of a body broken by the darkness, by the fungal damp and the terrible, fiery secrets of the 'Neath]]

My compatriots. Companions in the godcave, fellow byblows of the Bat and the Ooze and the Zee. [[He continues in this vein for a little time.]] It is with a tremulous and irrepressible delight [[though none is evident in his tone]] that I announce the imminent opening of my grandest achievement: My Salon. Open to the greatest wits and keenest sorrows of our generation, it will be my great and persistent pleasure to host that rarefied segment of 'Neathy society. The dampest, loamiest, most tunneling of our geniuses are welcome, that we might all learn from their weavings and hatcheries. Here we will tell secrets and stories and lies, and maybe come to some little truth, pressed from us like so much unripe vinegar.

[[The tatter bobs a suspiciously lively hat, and glides silently away.]]
0 link
Sigr
Sigr

2/23/2014
Just got the Theorem. Feeling empty and lost now, without a goal. What should I choose as the new one?

--
an inescapable, sagacious, midnight and sinister lady
+1 link
OPG
OPG

2/23/2014
Grinding for Master's Blood? I suggest either the Velocipede Squad or Box Affairs, but I think the VS might be a tad more efficient.

--
overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
0 link
OPG
OPG

2/23/2014
Oh, speaking of achievements, I finally ground my final Feast companion: Lettice, the Mercy. I now have all of the 40-Masquing tier and below along with both devils.

--
overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
+1 link
Lady Eris
Lady Eris

2/25/2014
I finally have my zubmarine! I am very happy and relieved and if I ever see that Missing Woman, it'll be too soon.

--
Lady Eris Psmith, Society darling, devoted wife. Dangerous when crossed. Accepts most social invitations. Distributor of Parabolan Kittens. Welcomes new acquaintances, especially those who write 'in character'.

William Templeton, Viscount Manningham, newcomer, gentleman, all-round good egg - accepting absolutely all invitations.
+5 link
MaskedGentleman
MaskedGentleman

3/6/2014
I have finally maxed out my Shadowy using the Hoodlum's option while gaining casing. Definitely not the most efficient method, but I now have a whomping 220 casing. I do not plan to rob the Brass Embassy as much as I plan to paint it like the Sistine Chapel and redecorate all the furniture.

--
I would like to thank this community and game for the many years of joy you have brought me. May you find your Heart's Desire.

Daniel Redwood
+2 link
Ewan C.
Ewan C.

3/6/2014
ummmmm.. you do know that it will be reset after you use the first chunk, right? :-/
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

3/6/2014
Not if he starts with Thefts of a Particular Character first - for instance, in keeping with the theme of fleecing the devils, with the Infernal Sommelier.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Cocytus
Cocytus

3/6/2014
I seem to get my luck in day-long bursts; the Truthbreaker Turbine cut me a break and gave me 6 Enigmas on the last run, which I changed for an Impossible Theorem, succeeding on the first attempt. Then I finally drew Bonfire of the Decencies and am the proud... employer... of a Blemmigan Secretary!
  • Edit: And two minutes after this post, I got a Pulsating Amber from Extraordinary Implication conversions. Huzzah!
    edited by Cocytus on 3/6/2014

--
    Cocytus, the Avuncular Wordsmith, a river outside a box.
    Stock Titus, a rapturous individual ahead of its time. (Dormant)
  • +2 link
    A B Nile
    A B Nile

3/6/2014
    Nice one! I've been flipping cards in the Docks for a week now waiting for the Bonfire card.

--
    My profile: A B Nile

My alt: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate
    (seeking Acquaintances and accepting all social actions)

Item conversion table - finally complete with all rare successes!

Bloody, bold and resolute
    +1 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

3/6/2014
    Congratulations Coctys - that is a great run of good fortune. I've been flipping cards in the Docks for ages and still haven't seen the Bonfire of the Decencies, let alone be fortunate enough to get a Blemmigan.

--
    ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    +2 link
    Cocytus
    Cocytus

3/6/2014
    Thanks, folks. I think I've been flipping cards there for about 7 weeks, it was the first time I drew Bonfire of the Decencies. I was terrified of failing the check!

• edited by Cocytus on 3/6/2014

--
    Cocytus, the Avuncular Wordsmith, a river outside a box.
    Stock Titus, a rapturous individual ahead of its time. (Dormant)
  • 0 link
    Quixoticcat
    Quixoticcat

3/6/2014
    Cocytus wrote:
    I seem to get my luck in day-long bursts; the Truthbreaker Turbine cut me a break and gave me 6 Enigmas on the last run, which I changed for an Impossible Theorem, succeeding on the first attempt. Then I finally drew Bonfire of the Decencies and am the proud... employer... of a Blemmigan Secretary!

• So SO envious! I've been flipping cards on two characters for several weeks in Wolfstack hoping for that card. I've seen it once and failed the luck check for the Blemmington. My husband, on the other hand... Grrrr. One day, about two weeks of flips in, I hear from his chair "Something purple?!". There may have been screaming.

• edited by Quixoticcat on 3/6/2014

--
    Character name: Sardonyx. Please feel free to send me social invitations of all sorts.
  • 0 link
    Asclepius Unbound
    Asclepius Unbound

3/9/2014
    Finally got my Watchful up to 200 (curse you, Seeking!) and am An Extraordinary Mind.

--
    Alas, Asclepius Unbound is now forever beyond the reach of invitations. A successful Seeker.
    +2 link