Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Helen Demeter
Helen Demeter

1/28/2014
I've been playing what feels like the world's longest card game with some chums in Veilgarden but now I am 173 Persuasive with and I have 25,725 Warm Ambers and 74 Aeolian Screams!

--
Helen Demeter, the Bohemian Beauty | Andrea Weaver-Well, the Scarred Operative.
Has finally returned after an unexpected hiatus. Please mind the dust but do not that I'm now open to all social actions and invitations.
+3 link
Pyrodinium
Pyrodinium

1/29/2014
My character has finally become a person of some importance. Feast Of The Exceptional Rose here we come!

--
My profiles: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Pyrodinium
(A Monster hunter on the hunt of his twin brother's killer. Overprotective dad of his twin's daughter)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rudolph~of~Taured
(an indeterminate person of potentially rubbery lineage)
* All social actions except photographers and loitering welcome!
+2 link
Azzurra Frye
Azzurra Frye

1/31/2014
My main character is a Person of Some Importance now. So many new options have opened to her that I'm still figuring them out, but I'm very excited nonetheless. smile And definitely looking forward to the Feast of the Exceptional Rose now that I can finally choose a spouse.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Azzurra~Frye
+2 link
hwango
hwango

2/1/2014
Rubbery Men 350!

--
Mantelpiece || Art Gallery of Doom
+5 link
DrBobTudor
DrBobTudor

2/1/2014
I have finally become a Person of Some Importance after a year of striving. In appreciation I have become an Exceptional Friend and intend on spending some Nex for the sealed adventures. Sponging off FL for free for so long gave me horrible pangs of guilt.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/DrBobTudor
+2 link
Mr. Mercutio
Mr. Mercutio

2/2/2014
I have, through much eye-bleeding and sacrifice of lead, raised myself up to Scholar of the Correspondence 17, which seems to be as high as I can currently reach without a mood card or some miraculously better Watchful gear. Or until sometime next year when I finally Ubergoat. I will catch up to you yet, Seberin!

--
Mr. Mercutio
Immortal. Rich. Only moderately insane.

Want a taste of immortality? Reach out to me in-game to ask for a sip of Hesperidean Cider. Please follow Ocelot's guide to asking here.

New to our dark city? Send me a message in-game and I will respond when I can with a welcome gift!

I welcome most social actions, so feel free to send them to me. Just please don't ask me to Loiter Suspiciously or to help with the Affluent Photographer. I have disavowed all knowledge of her.

Galatea LaChance
She has gone North, and none shall know what she found there.
+4 link
Ewan C.
Ewan C.

2/3/2014
what are y'all using to raise SoC above 10?
0 link
OPG
OPG

2/3/2014
You can do so through various Shadowy Dealings at the University.

--
overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
0 link
friendshipranger
friendshipranger

2/3/2014
Not really an Achievement, but Moriarty spent enough time with his Noman to reach Noman Knows 15, just in time to send him off before "Time, the Healer."

I got my 3rd Elemental Secret. I feel like that's a good number. Anyone else have more?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.L.%20Moriarty
+1 link
Azzurra Frye
Azzurra Frye

2/3/2014
Got my first notability just before Time, the Healer came and took half my making waves away. I call that very good fortune indeed. One step closer to becoming a Conjurer now!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Azzurra~Frye
0 link
Mordaine Barimen
Mordaine Barimen

2/3/2014
A relatively tame event compared to some, but I just had some fun with the Route to the Cave of the Nadir on accident while a humble nonPOSI with a base Watchful of 84.

I'd misclicked while mousing over the requirements for the expedition to find the Cave (the 60 Supply and a Skull one) and launched an attempt with exactly 60 supplies. Wincing, I went ahead and decided to plug through and hope I either lucked out or hit Rival's Progress 10 before wasting too many supplies. By Progress 15, February was at 6; by Progress 32, she was at 9. I made it to the end without her ever getting that final point and, thanks to a few Signs, 15 supplies miraculously left over.

I think I've burnt through my luck in teh Forgotten Quarter for a while and will come back to collecting skulls for a cinder some other day...

--
I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
+3 link
Playersideblog
Playersideblog

2/4/2014
I have reached Shadowy 200! Now for the long climb to 5 Notability...

--
My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
0 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

2/5/2014
I consider myself the foremost authority on the Correspondence in the Neath. And now, so should everyone else!
My a Scholar of the Correspondence has increased to 21 - Courier's Footprint! That ties me with Mr Bowstock aka BFChirpy!

I'm sure it's possible to raise it to 22, but until someone does, I'm claiming the title!

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
+1 link
A B Nile
A B Nile

2/6/2014
  • After an inordinate amount of time (it is so easy to get distracted) my Zubmarine is complete! Of course, now that it is ready to launch, I feel that I shouldn't actually go anywhere until I have attended to several outstanding matters in London...

--
    My profile: A B Nile

My alt: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate
    (seeking Acquaintances and accepting all social actions)

Item conversion table - finally complete with all rare successes!

Bloody, bold and resolute
  • +2 link
    deadcrystal
    deadcrystal

2/6/2014
    After a mere three weeks or card flipping I actually managed to draw the Skin of the Bazaar Card :P.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Alice~Darkmoor
    A determined Dolphin - Alexis
    Great Grind Empress, and Knife and Candle Queen
    +1 link

"Many" Chin

2/7/2014
    woo hoohoo! i've finally got about joining the stag's club! now all i have to do is write a less progessive book(i wrote a sci-fi book first) in the court to join god's editor. then my expanded inventory slots will be almost filled.

not certain if i should wait till the fest to get a spouse or continue my already very expensive courtship with the model.

--
    "My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
    - The Goblin King.
    0 link
    streetfelineblue
    streetfelineblue

2/7/2014
    Paya Chin wrote:
    woo hoohoo! i've finally got about joining the stag's club! now all i have to do is write a less progessive book(i wrote a sci-fi book first) in the court to join god's editor. then my expanded inventory slots will be almost filled.

not certain if i should wait till the fest to get a spouse or continue my already very expensive courtship with the model.

Nobody can be sure that there won't be any new Spouses this Feast of the Rose, so I'd suggest to wait at least until this year's Feast of the Rose Spouse options will be undisclosed before deciding. In the meantime, you can give a first look here for most of the available Spouses:

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spouse

To those you should add the Quiet Deviless that is a Fate-Locked +9 Watchful, +6 Shadowy, +1 Dreaded Spouse, but I don't remember exactly where you can get her.

--
    Twitter: @streetfelineblu
    Blue's LiveJournal
    Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
    Blue's Night Circus diary
    Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
    0 link
    Spacemarine9
    Spacemarine9

2/7/2014
    The Quiet Deviless isn't a Spouse, just a Companion. She'd be hell of good compared to the other Spouses if she was. (and she's available at the very start of the game, during the Loquacious Vicar's storyline, as well as on the Western Tower opp card if you own the Sanctum. also the last FotER and probably this one too)
    edited by Spacemarine9 on 2/7/2014

--
    my rats will blot out the sun
    Ratgames
    FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
    #FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
    #SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
    0 link
    OPG
    OPG

2/7/2014
    To elaborate on SM9's point, you'd need 50 fate if you're getting her through the Vicar and 40 fate plus Intimate w/ Devils 10 and a Portfolio of Souls through the Sanctum.

Personally, I'd recommend the Vicar method because you get some new and interesting text/lore that way.

--
    overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
    0 link
    Katarina Moller
    Katarina Moller

2/9/2014
    I'm exactly 2 antique mysteries away from a room at the royal bethlehem. Here's hoping it's a much nicer stay when you're still sane enough to enjoy it.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Katarina~Moller
    Draped in Scandal, Chocolates, and Honey. Terrified of Dark water.
    0 link