Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

New content is out Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman

23 days ago
Remember about the card to be released today?
FBG just tweeted something and, according to Reddit, it starts a story far from London!

[spoiler]In Arbor[/spoiler]
edited by Skinnyman on 8/1/2019

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
Azothi
Azothi

23 days ago
This is the text used to promote it on Discord:

HannahFBG wrote:
New in Fallen London today:

The City of Roses is opening its gates to select Londoners! Walk the streets of Arbor and experience the wonders of the two cities, waking and dreaming. Be mindful of the perfume that builds behind your eyes, however. Not everything is as it seems on first sight.

Find it in your opportunity deck. Enjoy, delicious friends.
I've not been fortunate enough to draw it yet, but it seems like the story is rather in-depth and will take multiple visits to finish. It's also been confirmed that this is new, permanent free content.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
+1 link
Julius de Poisson
Julius de Poisson

23 days ago
I just drew "A Dream of Roses". Wish me luck in [spoiler]Arbor...[/spoiler]
edited by Julius de Poisson on 8/1/2019

--
Zee captain, adventurer, collector. A friend to the Rubbery. Vive la révolution!

All social actions welcome.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Julius%20de%20Poisson
0 link
Cadwyn Knivlove
Cadwyn Knivlove

23 days ago
interesting!!
0 link
JaneAnkhVeos
JaneAnkhVeos

23 days ago
Squee! Boogy Dance Looking forward to it!
0 link
dov
dov

23 days ago
Does anyone know (yet) if this is repeatable content or a one-time story for our character?

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
MrCandles
MrCandles

23 days ago
When I play SS, Arbor is just arc in Khan Glory, isn't it?
-1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

23 days ago
Oh, I drew it and somehow managed to be patient while my candle fille up. Can't wait.
Just a tiny gripe: it would be lovely if things were announced in the forums too, for us dinosaurs who don't go on other platforms.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+8 link
datarama
datarama

23 days ago
dov wrote:
Does anyone know (yet) if this is repeatable content or a one-time story for our character?

It's repeatable. I've gotten the card twice.

--
Professor Anton Moebius, the Antidisciplinary Scientist
+3 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

23 days ago
I am in love with the new content, and possibly with an NPC too.
Hey, a girl can dream!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+5 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

23 days ago
No, my pristine deck is being polluted!
Seriously though, new content making an appearance is absolutely great, and doubly so given how it seems to be indicative of even more to come. I'm looking forward to drawing the new card.
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Just a tiny gripe: it would be lovely if things were announced in the forums too, for us dinosaurs who don't go on other platforms.

Seconding this.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 8/1/2019

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+3 link
Calliope
Calliope

23 days ago
Oh neat! First new content not counting seasonal events and ES's I have been here for!

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Calliope%20Rannis
0 link
Tom Davidson
Tom Davidson

23 days ago
Word of caution: losing your Permission to Linger does indeed result in your immediate expulsion from the story, so anything that exchanges all your Permission to Linger for anything else will send you back to your lodgings.

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Black%20Tom
+2 link
Julius de Poisson
Julius de Poisson

23 days ago
Dudebro Pyro wrote:

Jolanda Swan wrote:

Seconding this.

Thirding! Thricing? Thrix!

--
Zee captain, adventurer, collector. A friend to the Rubbery. Vive la révolution!

All social actions welcome.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Julius%20de%20Poisson
+2 link
Siankan
Siankan

22 days ago
Julius de Poisson wrote:
Dudebro Pyro wrote:

Jolanda Swan wrote:

Seconding this.

I too. I was quite surprised that something would be announced in other venues but not here.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+2 link
loredeluxe
loredeluxe

22 days ago
Here's a reminder to everyone. If you want to "farm" the opportunity deck, the fastest way to refill the deck is to go to Sinning Jenny's finishing school on Ladybones Road and then immediately leave. This takes 6 actions but your deck refills instantly. It also gives you 1 point in both suspicion and scandal, but I assume that shouldn't be an issue for most players.
+2 link
Azothi
Azothi

22 days ago
This is actually somewhat outdated information, though it has the benefit of being available at all Menace levels instead of requiring more careful curation. Flash resetting is the current fastest method for opportunity deck refreshing, only taking 2 actions per refresh (plus, it doesn't require Fate content); I've pasted a well-written guide below from Arkaneth on Discord:

HOW TO RESET YOUR DECK:

1) Get the Barrel with Leather Shoulder-Straps. You need Renown 10 with the Bohemians for it.

2) Buy :
a) Pair of Scarlet Stockings of Dubious Origin.
b) Modish Bonnet.

3) Lower your nightmares and suspicion below 3. Make sure your Scandal is 2 without item modifiers.
4) Put the BARREL, the stockings and the bonnet on.
5) Enter flash lay.
6) Get kicked from flash lay.
7) GOTO 5 if needed

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

22 days ago
Siankan wrote:
Julius de Poisson wrote:
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Seconding this.

I too. I was quite surprised that something would be announced in other venues but not here.
Decided to post it after waiting to see if there's anything official.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
fafer.forums
fafer.forums

22 days ago
Azothi wrote:

HOW TO RESET YOUR DECK:

1) Get the Barrel with Leather Shoulder-Straps. You need Renown 10 with the Bohemians for it.

2) Buy :
a) Pair of Scarlet Stockings of Dubious Origin.
b) Modish Bonnet.

3) Lower your nightmares and suspicion below 3. Make sure your Scandal is 2 without item modifiers.
4) Put the BARREL, the stockings and the bonnet on.
5) Enter flash lay.
6) Get kicked from flash lay.
7) GOTO 5 if needed

This is so sweet! Thanks for posting this.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Fafer
0 link
Blaine Davidson
Blaine Davidson

22 days ago
Oh my goodness this new content is lovely. I finally drew the card and I'll be rapidly going through my deck to try and get it again.

--
Blaine Davidson, a reserved and sensible woman with a fondness of collecting rarities.
0 link