Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1898 Candidate Speculation Messages in this topic - RSS

Calliope
Calliope

15 days ago
Senforza wrote:

(spoiler here)

Ooh I didn't quite have confirmation of this before.

[spoiler]
may I ask who made the deal for the Third City? I know Mr Eaten is all tied up in that apparently but I have no idea who actually made the deal.
[/spoiler]
Edit: uhhh why is spoiler tags not working
edited by Calliope Rannis on 8/9/2019
edited by Calliope Rannis on 8/10/2019

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Calliope%20Rannis
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

15 days ago
thefantodayhtml wrote:
The Manager is from the fourth city.

Incorrect.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
thefantodayhtml
thefantodayhtml

15 days ago
Siankan wrote:
thefantodayhtml wrote:
The Manager is from the fourth city.

Incorrect.

The offending post was caused by what I believe was a word prediction algorithm gone horribly, horribly, awry. I hereby disavow any and all of its contents. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need a really, really, good tech guy to sort that out. Or an exorcist.

• edited by thefantodayhtml on 8/9/2019

• edited by thefantodayhtml on 8/9/2019
  • +1 link
    Senforza
    Senforza

15 days ago
    Calliope wrote:
    -snip-

[spoiler]I'm rusty on my lore, but I think (think) that the God Eaters, which basically amounts to a set of priest-kings from the Third City, traded their city for immortality. They got that immortality by eating the flesh of a 'god', AKA Mr Eaten, AKA a Master of the Bazaar the other Masters betrayed for being too attached to the second city. In a manner of speaking, I guess; there were wells somewhere in the whole eating/dying process, probably. wink[/spoiler]

As for the reason your spoiler tags aren't working, it's because the part of the message where you quoted me also had a spoiler tag and for some reason there's a limit of one spoiler tag per post.

--
    Professor F. L. Senforza, The Bloodied Philonoist: an Extraordinary Mind and the Director of Benthic's Department of the Correspondence.

Andrew Barnes, The Genial Gunslinger: "If you're not getting shot at at least once a week, what the hell are you doin' with your life?"
    +1 link
    MrCandles
    MrCandles

14 days ago
    Senforza wrote:
    Calliope wrote:
    -snip-

[spoiler]I'm rusty on my lore, but I think (think) that the God Eaters, which basically amounts to a set of priest-kings from the Third City, traded their city for immortality. They got that immortality by eating the flesh of a 'god', AKA Mr Eaten, AKA a Master of the Bazaar the other Masters betrayed for being too attached to the second city. In a manner of speaking, I guess; there were wells somewhere in the whole eating/dying process, probably. wink[/spoiler]

As for the reason your spoiler tags aren't working, it's because the part of the message where you quoted me also had a spoiler tag and for some reason there's a limit of one spoiler tag per post.

Not really immortality (they have different way to it). Power.
  • 0 link
    MrCandles
    MrCandles

14 days ago
    Senforza wrote:
    thefantodayhtml wrote:
    JamesSilver wrote:
    The Gracious Widow vs The Duchess vs The Manager, if you know what I mean.

I'm afraid I don't quite follow.

[spoiler]
    The Gracious Widow is from the fourth city. The Duchess is from the second. The Manager is from the first. If I recall correctly, all three were also the ones who made the deals that caused their respective cities to fall.
    [/spoiler]

And Feducci from the third. Why not?
  • 0 link
    Jolanda Swan
    Jolanda Swan

14 days ago
    Sorry for the misspellings - I am on vacation and using my phone mostly. I will edit them when I am back on a PC screen!

--
    Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
    http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
    0 link
    Chronos
    Chronos

14 days ago
    Silas the Showman: I'd like to see a twist like the one when you invite him as a guest to your salon
    The Affluent Photographer: Since she's a Jovial Contratrian rival...

--
    Please don't send me harmful social actions
    main: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Chronos78

alt: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Chronos2
    0 link
    Calliope
    Calliope

14 days ago
    Senforza wrote:
    Calliope wrote:
    -snip-

I was wondering if it was something like that, deleted your quote spoiler now it's conveyed the info it needed to. And thanks for the answer, it certainly seems to make sense with what I saw in a Kingdom for a Pig.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Calliope%20Rannis
    0 link
    Siankan
    Siankan

14 days ago
    MrCandles wrote:

Been there, done that, gambled away the T-shirt and then burned it to ashes.

--
    Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
    0 link
    MrCandles
    MrCandles

14 days ago
    Siankan wrote:
    MrCandles wrote:

What you mean?
  • 0 link
    JaneAnkhVeos
    JaneAnkhVeos

14 days ago
    MrCandles wrote:
    Siankan wrote:

What you mean?

Feducci already ran (and won).
    0 link
    Vryl
    Vryl

13 days ago
    JaneAnkhVeos wrote:
    MrCandles wrote:
    Siankan wrote:

What you mean?

And blew the mayoral residence up at the end of his term, hence the 'burned it to ashes' part.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Vryl
    +1 link
    MrCandles
    MrCandles

13 days ago
    Vryl wrote:
    JaneAnkhVeos wrote:
    MrCandles wrote:
    Siankan wrote:

What you mean?

And blew the mayoral residence up at the end of his term, hence the 'burned it to ashes' part.

I not talk about Feducci as fourth candidate, he was just example of mayor from older cities.
  • 0 link
    Lady Sapho Byron
    Lady Sapho Byron

12 days ago
    Now that I've seen my most desired candidate, Mrs Plenty, run for mayor, I hope to see my second most desired in 1898 ... a Tiger! "I have a Lord Mayorship. Do you have a Lord Mayorship?"
    edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 8/12/2019

--
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
    Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
    0 link
    Azothi
    Azothi

11 days ago
    MrCandles wrote:
    I not talk about Feducci as fourth candidate, he was just example of mayor from older cities.
    Feducci, to the best of our understanding, is not from the Third City, but is instead[spoiler]an agent of the Presbyterate, from the Elder Continent.[/spoiler]

--
    Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
    Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
    Hesperidean.
    0 link