Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

New Heist in the Flit! Messages in this topic - RSS

Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

3/10/2019
I noticed something. I attempted to get 7 instead of 5 in the Heist quality, and the rewards changed. The Ambassador (me) handed me among other things an Antique Mystery and some artifacts.
Unfortunately I lost the copy I made, but 7 seems to bring different rewards than 5. I will try the same for the Glass.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Tuxi
Tuxi

3/10/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I noticed something. I attempted to get 7 instead of 5 in the Heist quality, and the rewards changed. The Ambassador (me) handed me among other things an Antique Mystery and some artifacts.
Unfortunately I lost the copy I made, but 7 seems to bring different rewards than 5. I will try the same for the Glass.

Are you sure you did not steal different documents? There's five different sets of rewards, 4 vary with which documents you picked (the Purloined Paperwork quality) and one is always available. The wax tablets give a mystery, an artefact, an antique hunting rife and 5 dubious testimony if you trade them with the ambassador.

--
The Gentle Intermediary
+1 link
phryne
phryne

3/10/2019
Pretty sure Tuxi's observation is correct.

Just to avoid further confusion, here are the rewards for trading in the various documents:
[spoiler]
  • collection of scrolls about the Kingdom of Vesture: 2 x Vital Intelligence, 2 x Outlandish Artefact
  • series on the succession laws of Arbor: 1 x Favour in High Places, 1 x Magnificent Diamond, 10 x Memory of Distant Shores
  • vellum book on the Rosers: 2 x Presbyterate Passphrase, 1 x Favour in High Places, 1 x Vital Intelligence
  • set of wax tablets, inscribed with ancient treaties: 1 x Ancient Hunting Rifle, 1 x Antique Mystery, 5 x Dubious Testimony, 1 x Outlandish Artefact
  • Deliver any documents to the Glass: 2 x Live Specimen, 1 x Puzzling Map, 1 x Silent Soul [/spoiler]

edited by phryne on 3/10/2019

--
~~~ Poll time! Vote for your favourite and least favourite Exceptional Stories! ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
Don't miss the Sunless Skies launch codes!
+1 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

3/10/2019
I quite often opt to continue the heist for highter values of progress in order to obtain more MW. I also think it influences the other rewards -- e.g. Vital Intelligence.

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

3/10/2019
...and this is why you should stay away from Fallen London when you have a fever. Sorry for that guys! Thanks for the list.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
0 link
misericordius
misericordius

3/10/2019
I tend to go for pretty high values of progress too, but I've never seen it affect the rewards.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/misericordius
Murder, breakfast, and other games
0 link
UgiUgi
UgiUgi

3/10/2019
Just the other day I was thinking how great it would be if we got new heists and zailing destinations.
Excellent news!
Now if we get a little something for zailing too, I'll be as happy as a clam.
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

3/10/2019
Both Heists and Expeditions have to do with the Rosers.
It could be that the Parabolan Base Camp is approaching. Or something Parabola-related anyway.

--
+2 link
phryne
phryne

3/11/2019
silurica wrote:
... and this alt has the Widow text except for handing in the vellum book on the Rosers, which is bugged and ironically got me the Duchess' respond instead...
This has now been fixed and lo, the Widow actually does bother to collect these documents herself! Big Grin

--
~~~ Poll time! Vote for your favourite and least favourite Exceptional Stories! ~~~
0 link
silurica
silurica

3/12/2019
Yeah, I received an e-mail about it and went on another run for that particular result. I was delighted to see the Widow herself.

At the same time, I stole the Rosers document again on a character that got the Duchess as the Ambassador and noticed there's a small but striking difference in the Duchess' respond between the result I got properly and the one I got from the bug.

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
+1 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

3/12/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Both Heists and Expeditions have to do with the Rosers.
It could be that the Parabolan Base Camp is approaching. Or something Parabola-related anyway.

Some of the next profession levels seem Parabola-related! Hope springs eternal

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
phryne
phryne

3/12/2019
silurica wrote:
At the same time, I stole the Rosers document again on a character that got the Duchess as the Ambassador and noticed there's a small but striking difference in the Duchess' respond between the result I got properly and the one I got from the bug.

I noticed that too! I just went for another Duchess/Rosers run to see whether they changed this result, too, but it's the same as before.

I thought the one from the bug was more interesting Big Grin
edited by phryne on 3/12/2019

--
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

3/13/2019
How did I only notice this now? Oh well, at least all the results are already known =p

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
0 link