Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Weekly Sunless Skies Questions, 04/03/2019 Messages in this topic - RSS

Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

3/4/2019
Here's this week's thread for quick Sunless Skies questions!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
divineDerivative
divineDerivative

3/9/2019
If the Cyclopean Owl was for sale from Mr. Menagerie, what would it's description be? I haven't bought any other scouts yet because I have no idea how they compare.
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

3/9/2019
divineDerivative wrote:
If the Cyclopean Owl was for sale from Mr. Menagerie, what would it's description be? I haven't bought any other scouts yet because I have no idea how they compare.

I believe the Owl has limited range, can find up to three discoveries before returning, and conveys more information about what it finds.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dima Lazarev
0 link
The Elfin Cannibal
The Elfin Cannibal

4/24/2019
Is the Candlewind what remains of Mr. Eaten? I mean, it's full of candles, it eats your supplies and it makes you hungry . . .

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.
0 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

29 days ago
If there is a connection to Eaten, I would guess it's more superstitious than literal. Seeking and Mr. Eaten are part of the culture both before and after the exodus, so it's not surprising that skyfarers might name a phenomenon of the High Wildnerness from that mythos. (Plus, I don't think it actually contains candles--its flickering evokes a candle's flame.)

Who knows, though? Maybe something of the Runt still haunts the High Wilderness.

--
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
0 link