Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Unable to share honey with the princess? Messages in this topic - RSS

hanteng
hanteng

2/7/2019
The feast has just started and I was planning to get a Dreadful Surmise (for Christmas later this year) from sharing honey with the princess:
https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Share_a_little_honey_with_the_Captivating_Princess
But when I drawed the card I was unable to do so since I got "Acquaintance: the Captivating Princess" from last year's Advent Calendar. Is there any way to remove this quality?
(I posted this on Reddit too)
+2 link
Monara
Monara

2/7/2019
I was wondering if anything was going to be done about this too. I've never been able to play this option and now it seems like I never will because of this stupid trap option on the advent calendar.
I guess from now on I will create alts before clicking access codes if we're going to get permanent negative consequences like this from them.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Miranah
+2 link
Aardvark
Aardvark

2/7/2019
For reasons like that, I usually check the wiki before using any of the calendar windows, or use an alt I'm not overly concerned with.

Too bad that people who don't would get punished like this in the first place, though. Especially the beginning players, who wouldn't yet know to be careful...

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

2/7/2019
Hello!
James is implementing a work around for this, as we don't want you to miss out!

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+8 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

2/7/2019
Could you please post which solution will be implemented, as I am interested in this too?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/7/2019
babelfishwars wrote:
Hello!
James is implementing a work around for this, as we don't want you to miss out!
Gotta love FBG!
Here's an advent calendar which increases a one-time quality.
Wooow, maybe we'll be able to reach level 2!
Neat, ey?

Can't get a Surmise now!
Bam, FBG comes with a solution for their fans!
edited by Skinnyman on 2/7/2019

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
silurica
silurica

2/7/2019

Thank you FBG.

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
+2 link
Siegron
Siegron

2/7/2019
Well I'm one of the new players that fell for the advent calendar, but what's up with that Acquaintance raised to 2? Did FB actually change something in the last few hours, or what has transpired? I'd of course love to redeem my curiousity during winter...

--
Kid Nullman, the winsome and cheerful arch-agent of the Game. Forget. Them. Not.

Victor Waxwail, hiding under an irrigo-stained wing of family intrigue.

Always welcoming of roleplay invites!
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/7/2019
silurica wrote:
Thank you FBG.
To level 2? Uhuuuu!
EDIT: Guess it's done via the card with same Air options?
edited by Skinnyman on 2/7/2019

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
0 link
silurica
silurica

2/7/2019
Siegron wrote:
Well I'm one of the new players that fell for the advent calendar, but what's up with that Acquaintance raised to 2? Did FB actually change something in the last few hours, or what has transpired? I'd of course love to redeem my curiousity during winter...
This FotR option is originally the only way to get the acquaintance with the Princess. It's also the only non-Fate/SMEN way to get a Dreadful Surmise, which makes it kind of a big deal. As you saw in Advent Calendar last year, they gave out the quality (and only the quality), apparently without realizing about how it'd interact with this FotR option. As a workaround for that, now the option only locks when you have Acquaintance: the Captivating Princess 2 instead of the previous lower lock of 1.

Skinnyman wrote:
EDIT: Guess it's done via the card with same Air options?
Indeed.
edited by silurica on 2/7/2019

--
+1 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

2/7/2019
Interesting. Does the encounter now immediately set the value to 2, then? So as to prevent doing it more than once.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.

Lethal duels very welcome!
0 link
Siegron
Siegron

2/7/2019
Well I just did it on my own and it went from 1 to 1.5 levels. That really does raise the question of whether it's possible to do so twice by those who have not yet met the princess previously!

--
Kid Nullman, the winsome and cheerful arch-agent of the Game. Forget. Them. Not.

Victor Waxwail, hiding under an irrigo-stained wing of family intrigue.

Always welcoming of roleplay invites!
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

2/7/2019
My prediction, if they want to keep consistency, is to not have the Advent Calendar raise Acquaintance: The Captivating Princess next year and then change the requirement back to Acquaintance 1. That way, there will be a few people with Acquaintance 2 as a souvenir, but we return to the one-time nature of the event (since Dreadful Surmises are incredibly rare).

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
0 link
dov
dov

2/7/2019
Azothi wrote:
My prediction, if they want to keep consistency, is to not have the Advent Calendar raise Acquaintance: The Captivating Princess next year and then change the requirement back to Acquaintance 1. That way, there will be a few people with Acquaintance 2 as a souvenir, but we return to the one-time nature of the event (since Dreadful Surmises are incredibly rare).

FBG have confirmed that next year the option's requirement will go back down to having no more than 1 in the quality. The change in the unlock requirements is just for this year.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

2/7/2019
Neat. Looking forward to the meeting.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.

Lethal duels very welcome!
+1 link
dov
dov

2/8/2019
silurica wrote:

Thank you FBG.

Not only that. This is now possible:

One who has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures has increased to 4!

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Lumyire
Lumyire

2/8/2019
Confirmed that you can get a second Dreadful Surmise if you've played this option in a previous year.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lumyire
+1 link
silurica
silurica

2/9/2019
dov wrote:

Without Fate, yes. Raising the quality beyond what Nemesis gives in itself was already possible with an ES

--
0 link
dov
dov

2/9/2019
silurica wrote:
dov wrote:

Without Fate, yes. Raising the quality beyond what Nemesis gives in itself was already possible with an ES

But by how much? I assume you mean Stepped in Honey, which I did play.

--
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/9/2019
silurica wrote:
More details, please! Preferably if you remember which option.

EDIT: So to level 3+1 from ambition, another CP from meeting the princess first time, ES and now this option. Got this correct?
edited by Skinnyman on 2/9/2019

--
0 link