Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1897 Messages in this topic - RSS

Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

2/20/2019
elderfleur wrote:
I think the Deacon loves the player character no matter what. There are only two kinds of realities: One where that love has been explicitly returned on a particular train ride (and he'll now feel free to give you "a sharp, hungry" kiss) and one where it hasn't (but he still thinks of you with "infinite fondness").

Ah, thank you. That does make sense, although I didn't quite get that impression from him during the actual story - interest, even admiration (more professionally than personally), sure, but such adoration? Less so. Then again I am not the most apt at picking up subtle social clues, so I might have well missed some implication.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

2/22/2019
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Your key dates for the festival are:

6th February - Festival Opens
13th February - Lilac arrives and Masquing can be exchanged for companions
20th February - Gift-giving and general feast activities close
25th February - Exchanging gifts for Masquing, the Clathermont story and meeting companions close
edited by h4nchan on 2/13/2019

When on the 25th will Millicent's Parlour close?

J-

--
H.G.R.: Adventuer, Explorer, Paramount Londoner https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/User766505
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

2/22/2019
Things generally change at 12 noon GMT or BST...

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
+1 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

2/22/2019
Thanks, Jermaine.

--
H.G.R.: Adventuer, Explorer, Paramount Londoner https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/User766505
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

2/23/2019
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
So after never seducing the Deacon and having him enrol in the Army, this happened. Is he supposed to be this flirty, despite absolutely nothing unplatonic happening during the ES?
The time to seduce him was on the train, right? I couldn't have accidentally earned his love later somehow if I spent the entire trip looking out of the window, could I?

I agree with Elderfleur's answer, though I do see your point too. The feeling of the text is indeed geared towards romance, with or without kiss.On the other hand, you can consider you went to Hell and back together. And you became the person to show him his true calling. Infinite fondness can exist between friends and comrades-at-arms.
I imagine that between two presumably straight Victorian gentlemen though the text does reas a bit too heavy with innuendo.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 2/23/2019

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Aardvark
Aardvark

2/23/2019
Did anyone echo the Princess? I was unfortunately offline for most of the feast and was not able to obtain enough Fate gifts in time to afford her this year. Hopefully, she'll be available next year as usual.

If anyone is interested, here is the echo for the Bishop:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Sir%20Reginald%20Monteroy/15758275

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
0 link
AbermalsHelle
AbermalsHelle

2/23/2019
Here's the Princess: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/AbermalsHelle/15758627

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/AbermalsHelle
Your social actions, send them to me!
0 link
Vega
Vega

2/24/2019
Will we get to keep Feast gifts beyond the Feast event? I missed out on some gift-giving opportunities, so I want to hang onto my current Fate and non-Fate gifts until next year. I know that Masquing gets converted to Making Waves at the end of the Feast, but gifts don't go away, do they?

--
The Jaunty Mystic, Taranlei, roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual roleplay. Member of the Temple Club, happy to invite you for a visit, PM me in-game!

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage. "I have gone down, down, my love..."
0 link
silurica
silurica

2/24/2019
Gifts stay with you forever (until you turn them into Masquing, that's it). It's actually common practice to hold onto gifts for purely collection purpose or mechanical purpose as some Fate gifts are best-in-slot (particularly for BDR).

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
0 link
phryne
phryne

2/24/2019
How is Masquing converted into MW? For example, does Masquing 15 make for 15 CP of Waves, or is the method less straightforward?

--
Here's some advice for the Fruits of the Zee festival and a Destiny Guide! smile
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
0 link
dov
dov

2/24/2019
silurica wrote:
Gifts stay with you forever (until you turn them into Masquing, that's it). It's actually common practice to hold onto gifts for purely collection purpose or mechanical purpose as some Fate gifts are best-in-slot (particularly for BDR).

As part of your collection, you can also collect (metaphorical) sets, such as:
32 x Glasses of Teeth
32 x Buttered Chess Pieces
52 x Singed Playing Cards

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/24/2019
Don't forget about 413 Antediluvian Ushabti! smile

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
dov
dov

2/24/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
Don't forget about 413 Antediluvian Ushabti! smile

Damn! You know, that has never occurred to me before!

Now I'll have to wait a year to create this collection piece...

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/24/2019
My, my, you missed this two years ago?

EDIT: I'm only at 17 so maybe we can work something out for next year! Around 8k Mystery of the Elder Continent which are first after Visions; good way to get some MW too!
edited by Skinnyman on 2/24/2019

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Tay1or
Tay1or

2/25/2019
silurica wrote:

Yep, for my main and all my alts, I have at least one of everything, including gifts of scorn. I could get all the new (non-fate) companions this year quite easily with free masquing, but still sent around the new gifts to each character so they'd have one. It's not just the BDR--I love the little bits of descriptive text!

edited by Tay1or on 2/25/2019
edited by Tay1or on 2/25/2019
0 link
dov
dov

2/25/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
My, my, you missed this two years ago?

I guess I must have!

----
edited by dov on 2/25/2019

--
0 link
silurica
silurica

2/28/2019
phryne wrote:
How is Masquing converted into MW? For example, does Masquing 15 make for 15 CP of Waves, or is the method less straightforward?

I'm kind of late considering Lilac is gone now, but it's the first; 1 CP of MW per Masquing, converting them into Stolen Kisses is a better deal.

Also I have (across several accounts): 144 ushabtiu, 77 cats, 77 glasses of teeth, 52 cards, 11 gifts of scorns...

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
+1 link