Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 07/01/2019 Messages in this topic - RSS

Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

14 days ago
Here's this week's quick questions thread!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

14 days ago
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen raven?

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

14 days ago
Siankan wrote:

Do you mean a Surface raven or a Neathy raven?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+4 link
Siankan
Siankan

14 days ago
Lady Sapho Byron wrote:
Siankan wrote:

Do you mean a Surface raven or a Neathy raven?

(If I say I don't know, will I end up falling into the lacre?)

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Ixc
Ixc

14 days ago
(You won’t fall, per se, but be pushed.)

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
+1 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

13 days ago
What is the process required to get ToL 1?

It’s been so long since I’ve had a zero value there, and I’m preparing to see all my accrued ToL get wiped out as I try to keep a Noman alive later this month.

J-
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

13 days ago
Jason5237 wrote:
What is the process required to get ToL 1?

It’s been so long since I’ve had a zero value there, and I’m preparing to see all my accrued ToL get wiped out as I try to keep a Noman alive later this month.

J-
Select the pail of snow in your inventory and you'll have options there to raise it. Examining it with your Semiotic Monocle will be most efficient, giving 3 Taste of Lacre; just remember that it has no effect if your ToL is 6 or above.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
+1 link
Vega
Vega

13 days ago
In Port Carnelian, does it pay to raise Silver Horseheads or Striped Delights as high you can get it? Or are there diminishing returns after you raise the quality beyond X value? (In other words, eg. if I hit Striped Delights 100, should I keep going and get it as high as I can, or should I just stop there because it's not worth raising it beyond 100?)

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

13 days ago
Vega wrote:
In Port Carnelian, does it pay to raise Silver Horseheads or Striped Delights as high you can get it? Or are there diminishing returns after you raise the quality beyond X value? (In other words, eg. if I hit Striped Delights 100, should I keep going and get it as high as I can, or should I just stop there because it's not worth raising it beyond 100?)

If I remember right, if you take either the Silver Horseheads or Striped Delights payout it scales all the way with it.

An Equine festival (horsehead "ending") gives #SH/30 +2 Partial Maps & #SH/70 Puzzling maps

An Audiance with the Banded Prince (Striped Delights) gives #SD/30 +2 Presbyterate Passprases & #SD/70 Antique Mysteries

The State Dinners just reset both qualities and give some Favours (1 or 2)

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

13 days ago
Azothi wrote:
J-
Select the pail of snow in your inventory and you'll have options there to raise it. Examining it with your Semiotic Monocle will be most efficient, giving 3 Taste of Lacre; just remember that it has no effect if your ToL is 6 or above.
Very important thing to be aware of: You need to use snow to get your first point of ToL. You need at least one point of ToL to buy snow from the Urchins. Make sure you have snow before you spend ToL. If you find yourself with no ToL and no pails, you can't get back on that train even if you can afford the Urchins.

(There are obscure exceptions. One time I killed a Noman way early, in order to get more housing.)

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
elderfleur
elderfleur

13 days ago
Vega wrote:
My Port Carnelian Scheme™ has 105 and 316 as the sweet spots (overshooting a little is fine), preferring Tigers where possible. So if you aren't going to get 316, you ought as well focus on getting one of them between 105-109 and saving the rest for a future loop. I've lost the maths, but at both those points one receives an extra €15 worth of items at once (both a €12.5 and a €2.5), so there's probably some sort of "maximizing marginal reward for marginal Horseheads/Stripes" thing that past-me thought was important.

--
—Elderfleur
+1 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

12 days ago
Is there no way to stop the spammers / spambots dropping their junk on this site? This morning, there were two lots of ten apiece an hour apart. It's seriously tedious.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
+1 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

12 days ago
There are measures in place that mean there are fewer than there'd be otherwise, and we get rid of them when we see them!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
+2 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

12 days ago
Maybe I just get up too early...

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
0 link
Ivica
Ivica

12 days ago
Does the Millicent's Parlour opens EXACTLY four weeks after Penstock's Wicket closes , or there are some variations?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Sincityster
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12 days ago
Ivica wrote:
Does the Millicent's Parlour opens EXACTLY four weeks after Penstock's Wicket closes , or there are some variations?
Not at all, not at all!
Last year, Penstock closed on the 30th or 31st and we meet the lady on the 13th of February. So it's more like ~2 weeks.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
Ivica
Ivica

12 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Ivica wrote:
Not at all, not at all!
Last year, Penstock closed on the 30th or 31st and we meet the lady on the 13th of February. So it's more like ~2 weeks.

Does that mean that I can bring Noman to the parlour with only ONE Time the Healer hits on his 'friend' ???!!!

--
0 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

11 days ago
Azothi & PSGarak - thank you both! That’s helpful and I appreciate it.

J-
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

11 days ago
Ivica wrote:
Does that mean that I can bring Noman to the parlour with only ONE Time the Healer hits on his 'friend' ???!!!
Hum, think it's 2+ weeks so the minimum will be 3 TtH. Never though if it's possible, with right timing, to need only 2 visits.
Will try and note down the dates of this year for future records.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Ivica
Ivica

11 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Ivica wrote:
Hum, think it's 2+ weeks so the minimum will be 3 TtH. Never though if it's possible, with right timing, to need only 2 visits.
Will try and note down the dates of this year for future records.

If you dates are correct (Wicket close 31.1 and parlour opens 13.2) , and if you TtH comes on thursdays, then is possible next situation (this year): wait for TtH on 31.1. , then by Noman AFTER that. Next TtH is on 7.2. (one and only "Noman friend" hit), then go to the parlour on 13.2 and get tatoo. Next TtH is on 14.2. but you already have Noman picture on your hand.
That is only ONE TtH hit !!!
edited by Ivica on 1/10/2019

--
0 link