Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Fallen London: Shower Thoughts Messages in this topic - RSS

Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

10 days ago
How does a Blind Person receive the "punishment" one receives while reading the Correspondence?
Normally one's eyes would begin to tear and their hair lights ablaze.

Would for a blind person reading it in a Braille Form (tracing the outlines and "reading" it that way) the effect be any different? Setting their arm hair ablaze for example or burning their fingers.

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

9 days ago
Honeyaddict wrote:
How does a Blind Person receive the "punishment" one receives while reading the Correspondence?
Normally one's eyes would begin to tear and their hair lights ablaze.

Would for a blind person reading it in a Braille Form (tracing the outlines and "reading" it that way) the effect be any different? Setting their arm hair ablaze for example or burning their fingers.

If it were possible to render the Correspondence in braille, or simply in a raised for able to be read by touch, the substance on which the symbols were written would start to burn if you wrote more than 6 characters of it.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

8 days ago
Catherine Raymond wrote:

If it were possible to render the Correspondence in braille, or simply in a raised for able to be read by touch, the substance on which the symbols were written would start to burn if you wrote more than 6 characters of it.

Well, as far as I understood it, Correspondence Plaques are made of Lead Plaques with the Correspondence engraved... Quite a dangerous thing to play with if you think about it.

And considering the they're printed/etched onto Lead Plates, what'd happen you inscribed a lead musket ball with small Correspondence? Would a hit cause the target to ignite?

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
0 link
The Elfin Cannibal
The Elfin Cannibal

2 days ago
TheFungalOne wrote:
What did the First, Second and Third Cities call the Masters? "Mr" is an english convention, and the Fourth City called them "Khans". Maybe in the Second City they were called Pharaohs (Pharaoh of Wines, Pharaoh of Spices etc). That would mean (SMEN spoiler) [spoiler]Mr Eaten might not have even been called Mr Candles, since the english language didn't even exist during the time of the first two cities.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]What is the Correspondence sigil for 'The light on the edge of sleep?'[/spoiler]
Huh, the tags refuse to work for some reason.
edited by The Elfin Cannibal on 5/19/2019

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.
0 link
misericordius
misericordius

1 days ago
TheFungalOne wrote:
What did the First, Second and Third Cities call the Masters? "Mr" is an english convention, and the Fourth City called them "Khans". Maybe in the Second City they were called Pharaohs (Pharaoh of Wines, Pharaoh of Spices etc).[/spoiler]

I doubt the title would be Pharaoh, as that's a bit high up the social ladder; the equivalent would be to call the Masters "King Apples" or "King Wines", and so on. Some quick Googling suggests a likely title might be "imy-r", which means "overseer" or, more literally, "in whom is the word". The associated hieroglyphic includes a mouth, which seems to tie in with the whole Mr. Eaten thing.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/misericordius
Murder, breakfast, and other games
0 link
Jack Capulet
Jack Capulet

1 days ago
If only SOME of the rats are sapient, does that also apply to the cats?
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

1 days ago
(The Elfin Cannibal wrote:

Huh, the tags refuse to work for some reason.

Only the first spoiler tag in a post works. You included one in the quoted part.)
edited by xKiv on 5/20/2019

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

1 days ago
Honeyaddict wrote:
And considering the they're printed/etched onto Lead Plates, what'd happen you inscribed a lead musket ball with small Correspondence? Would a hit cause the target to ignite?

Isn't there a side-quest in Sunless Sea along these lines?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Lord Alexander Alderman
Lord Alexander Alderman

3 hours ago
PSGarak wrote:
Honeyaddict wrote:

Isn't there a side-quest in Sunless Sea along these lines?

In that instance though, the correspondence inscribed object itself shoots strange fire/ the command for the thing it is pointed at to be destroyed made physical, not a projectile made incendiary through being engraved. seems like quite an inefficient way to make something incendiary when nothing I know of in the Neath absolutely requires fire to be killed. Maybe one of the big mushroom creatures of the marsh about Watchmakers Hill, but to go through researching the correspondence to kill a big mushroom when you could just torch the thing with a match and oil seems like a pretty bad deal.
edited by Lord Alexander Alderman on 5/21/2019
0 link