Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Fallen London: Shower Thoughts Messages in this topic - RSS

Azothi
Azothi

21 days ago
A thread for the tiny epiphanies one has or has previously had about Fallen London and the Sunless universe.

To cite the description of r/Showerthoughts, shower thoughts are
r/Showerthoughts wrote:
those miniature epiphanies you have that highlight the oddities within the familiar. "Showerthought" is a loose term that applies to the types of thoughts you might have while carrying out a routine task like showering, driving, or daydreaming. At their best, Showerthoughts are universally relatable and find the amusing/interesting within the mundane. Please be respectful of others' submissions. Rudeness is unacceptable.

For example,

Of course the Notability grind is one of the most soul-crushing and frustrating endeavors in all of Fallen London - it's sponsored by none other than Hell itself.

Remember, be respectful and have fun!

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
+9 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

21 days ago
If one were to knock on wood for luck seven times, would it bring bad luck in the Neath and/or terrify others?

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
+5 link
Siegron
Siegron

21 days ago
If a tree falls over in Parabola and no one is around, does it exist?

--
Kid Nullman, the winsome and cheerful arch-agent of the Game. Forget. Them. Not.

Mons. Kerzenfeuer, the heartless friend of love story enthusiasts, especially the Masters.
+9 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

21 days ago
Soulless Showerthoughts:

What if a Soul that was thrown into the Lacre was mine? Can I use Lacre as Soul then or someone else's Soul like a Pentecost Ape?

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
+2 link
The Stranger Man
The Stranger Man

12 days ago
Who is London's Ambassador to Hell? What did he do to deserve being posted to literal hell?
edited by The Stranger Man on 1/9/2019

--
When the strange things come a-knocking, hire someone Stranger.
+2 link
Vega
Vega

11 days ago
I'm on Polythreme now. The game mechanics are a bit frustrating and limiting. However, that fits thematically with the place. Polythreme is supposed to feel barren and rather dull compared to all the other Zee locations. After all, there are only Clay Men and clothes-colonies that don't really have their own agency and purpose apart from the King of a Hundred Hearts.

The game experience supports this atmosphere to a tee. One may be vexed by the game mechanics of Polythreme, but one is meant to be vexed. If not much happens there lore-wise, it makes sense that not much can happen there game-wise too. So, I'm vexed, but I also can't help but respect in-game Polythreme for what it is.

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
+2 link