Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 3/12/2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

5 days ago
Is it possible to reset and replay the Inconvenienced by your Aunt fate story? I've managed to land myself with the "wrong" ending and can't find an option to redo.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
0 link
D
D

4 days ago
Ragnar Degenhand wrote:
Is it possible to reset and replay the Inconvenienced by your Aunt fate story? I've managed to land myself with the "wrong" ending and can't find an option to redo.

It is, somewhat unintuitively, in your Lodgings under "Write Letters". 15 fate.
+1 link
Siankan
Siankan

4 days ago
Winthropx wrote:
Is the Dr. F_______ referenced in many of the Faction Renown increasing items based on a real person? Or, is it supposed to the Neath's version of Dr. Frankenstein?

You can also turn over your University endowment to Dr. F______, "the most despised of doctors!" I haven't done it myself and don't have the full text, but I know he goes below London "raving" about stone pigs' blood, using lacre in ways that "[pass] from irresponsible to dangerous," and getting kicked out of the University.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

4 days ago
D wrote:
It is, somewhat unintuitively, in your Lodgings under "Write Letters". 15 fate.

Many thanks. Please feel free to let my aunt know she owes you one.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
0 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4 days ago
Does this card draws in Spite indeed? And has no restrictions? Haven't seen it for ages.

--
Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a Visionary Hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
I am a Dangerous patron
Jane Barlowe(Light Fingers), a Notorious Shenanigan and mediocre writer.
Cardinalli Browning(Bag a Legend), a Joyful Adventuress and a fictional character, written by Jane Barlowe.
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

4 days ago
curtistruffle wrote:
Does this card draws in Spite indeed? And has no restrictions? Haven't seen it for ages.

Yes it does, I've gotten it 3 times last week, since then I made sure to be in my lodgings for cards, I need those candles myself! lol

--
Honeyaddict, Glassman, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence, Übergoat owner
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

Please send me a calling card first, I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well, cheers!
+1 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4 days ago
Honeyaddict wrote:

Yes it does, I've gotten it 3 times last week, since then I made sure to be in my lodgings for cards, I need those candles myself! lol

Thanks! I'll keep on hiking there then.

--
Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a Visionary Hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
I am a Dangerous patron
Jane Barlowe(Light Fingers), a Notorious Shenanigan and mediocre writer.
Cardinalli Browning(Bag a Legend), a Joyful Adventuress and a fictional character, written by Jane Barlowe.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

4 days ago
curtistruffle wrote:

I drew it myself last night, but have no particular interest in it. Murphy's Law, eh?

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

4 days ago
How many Home Comfort items can one get from the Incandine Robe per Neathmas? (and can it be combined with Investigating the 12 days of Sacksmas with...)

--
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

Please send me a calling card first, I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well, cheers!
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

3 days ago
Honeyaddict wrote:
How many Home Comfort items can one get from the Incandine Robe per Neathmas? (and can it be combined with Investigating the 12 days of Sacksmas with...)

AFAIK:
- one robe = one home comfort
- after that, you can get another robe (I am not sure if you are limited to having one robe at a time, but I wouldn't risk it)
- there are two methods of obtaining a robe that I remember, both fate locked. One is repeatable unless you progress in that story, the other is once-per-a-snowed-in-week during christmas.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+2 link
phryne
phryne

3 days ago
I *think* Robes can be stocked. Anyway, it shouldn't be possible to get more than 5 Robes during one Christmas. You only get them when it snows, and it usually snows 4 times per account during December (maybe some people are lucky with Time the Healer and get one more, Idk). And we've always had an extra Snow event from the advent calender.

I'm not sure what you mean by "combine" Robes and Investigating... These two things do not interfere with each other iirc, so you can definitely do both.
edited by phryne on 12/8/2018

--
"Expect little, and little will disappoint you. But day after day, I expect as little as I can, as little as I can bring myself to, and still I find myself disappointed."
+3 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

3 days ago
phryne wrote:
I *think* Robes can be stocked. Anyway, it shouldn't be possible to get more than 5 Robes during one Christmas. You only get them when it snows, and it usually snows 4 times per account during December (maybe some people are lucky with Time the Healer and get one more, Idk). And we've always had an extra Snow event from the advent calender.

I'm not sure what you mean by "combine" Robes and Investigating... These two things do not interfere with each other iirc, so you can definitely do both.

That I'd be able to do both, glad they don't interfere!
Thanks!

--
pleasure to meet you.

0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

2 days ago
Is there a browser extension for the new site that allows one to rearrange the order of options within storylets?

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

For the holiday season, send me Christmas Cards for sips of Cider! Fogscapes with Tentacles strongly preferred. (Only one per character, sorry!)

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

1 days ago
Dare I ask just how badly one gets rekt for taking Mr Eaten's item from the festive treats? I know the item itself isn't exactly a barrel of laughs but what if I, say, wanted it for the sake of collecting?

And would I also lose it to A Bad End?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
0 link
Lupin Maewulf
Lupin Maewulf

1 days ago
Arcengal wrote:
Dare I ask just how badly one gets rekt for taking Mr Eaten's item from the festive treats? I know the item itself isn't exactly a barrel of laughs but what if I, say, wanted it for the sake of collecting?

And would I also lose it to A Bad End?

Basically, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQsQbuNWmnE
edited by Drak on 12/10/2018

--
Lupin Maewulf, Seeker of the Name
Feel free to send me interactions, except for anything dealing with the Affluent Photographer... thanks!
0 link
Vega
Vega

1 days ago
A Neathmas question... is there a way to get more Pails of So-Called Snow apart from Time the Healer's weekly one? I recall somewhere there was a Fate-locked method (buying a pail from urchins?), but I can't seem to find the storylet in the game.

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

1 days ago
Vega wrote:
A Neathmas question... is there a way to get more Pails of So-Called Snow apart from Time the Healer's weekly one? I recall somewhere there was a Fate-locked method (buying a pail from urchins?), but I can't seem to find the storylet in the game.

You can buy them from Urchins with Renown 10 some favours and some items. It's not Fate locked smile

--
pleasure to meet you.

+1 link