Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Contents of the Smock of 4,308 Pockets Messages in this topic - RSS

Volf
Volf

12/14/2018
Volf wrote:
Honeyaddict wrote:
A miniature kettle, black tea leaves and a really small cup. For emergency tea time.
Two in fact, incase someone hasn't had tea for five minutes and is now reaching dangerous tea deprivation levels.
*Gasp* I got it! Tea is the source Londoneer immortality! I wonder what it was for the other cities...

Anyway, a special freeze pocket, so you can keep some Neath-snow. You're probably an honorable man who will wait until everyone was Neath-snow too before you use it.

--
Hello there! Oh this helmet? It's just for show, I don't know anything about the Zee.
+2 link
Elaina Schill
Elaina Schill

12/14/2018
"Shoes and ships and sealing-wax, cabbages and kings!"
Ok seriously though, needle and thread to sew any torn pockets, waterproof matches, a spore-sampler(some sort of vacuum?), a list of enemies and a list of friends(don't mix these up!), a small mirror(too small for Things to travel through), a spider-trap, and a tiny paint set with a tinier paintbrush made solely for repainting numbers on clocks. Because hey, you've got all these pockets, why not use them?

--
Main, Phiri Ulfur, the Cunning Shadow. Their heart belongs to a Pirate-Poet across the Zee.
Alt Vermillion Liminate, the Tragic Scholar.
Alt #2,Lady Jacqueline Blackwood, the Savage Beauty.
Alt #3, Veracity Taylor, the Dame of the Docks.
The Dogged Seeker, self explanatory.

I will accept any social actions on Fallen London(unless its a box of live rats. I already got rid of the d---ned things once and am not eager to repeat the endeavor).
+1 link
Volf
Volf

12/16/2018
A tiny clock that constantly loses it's numbers to help you make use of the paint set.
An amber lens for looking at amber.
An amber lens for looking at things through amber.
An amber lens for looking at amber through amber.

--
Hello there! Oh this helmet? It's just for show, I don't know anything about the Zee.
+1 link
Volf
Volf

12/20/2018
A seemingly endless pocket notebook.
A substantial ball of red string (for you wall of theories and madness.)

--
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

12/20/2018
Also, ANYTHING that turns up in the Bazaar and is small enough would be fair game for pocket contents. Consider:

* Ablution Absolution
* Flask of Abominable Salts
* Laudanum
* Shepherd's Timepiece or Fork, depending on your role in the Soul Trade
* Tub of Gloam Foam
* Tincture of Vigour

Etc., etc.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Volf
Volf

12/20/2018
But it should be watchful related.

--
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

12/21/2018
Volf wrote:
But it should be watchful related.

I think it should be enough that MOST of the items are Watchful related. The point of such a smock is to make sure you have everything you need when you're working on a task, and not all human needs are Watchful related. ;-)

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+2 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

5/9/2019
A weasel-hair brush, to collect hairs of a potential weaselly suspect... You never know what those Carpet Sharks might do in our City.

A Rubbery Slime sampler, small jars or vials to collect samples of a Rubbery Man's secretions on the crime scene and compare them with live Rubberies based on smell, colour, etc.

Constable Badge Polish and a small handkerchief.

A single Coffee bean to chew for a caffeine boost when you really need it.

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
+1 link
Lazaroth
Lazaroth

5/10/2019
So, those "bifocals" from the first National Treasure movie, yeah?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6WjyF3csvbw/TIKxrxbZriI/AAAAAAAAAAM/zOHuaLTwGzw/s1600/Glasses.jpg

Something like that, but with the optional lenses being tinged with the colors of the Neathbow. On one side, Irrigo, Gant, Apocyan, and Peligin. On the other, Violant, Cosmogone, Viric, and a normal magnifying lens. It would be inadvisable to engage more than one lens at a time.
edited by Lazaroth on 5/10/2019

--
The Perspicacious Romantic — When all the world is washed away by misery, something beautiful will still remain.
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

5/10/2019
There has to be a little bit of sandpaper in one of those pockets, for all those college cricket matches.

Sorry that reference is about a year out of date, I've been in hospital smile

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+1 link