Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Advent Calendar Messages in this topic - RSS

The Elfin Cannibal
The Elfin Cannibal

10 days ago
LadyGrayRose wrote:
The postmen in the Neath take their jobs VERY seriously.

Well Nuncio is a thing, so yeah.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
+1 mark as "accepted answer" link

10 days ago
Indeed.
0 mark as "accepted answer" link
Frenjamin Banklin
Frenjamin Banklin

10 days ago
phryne wrote:
Frenjamin Banklin wrote:
I've had the advent calendar page open since December last year
I have one question:

Why?

just on the off chance that some kind of easter egg showed up. I checked it daily. Can confirm that nothing was there, aside from already known secrets.
+3 mark as "accepted answer" link
phryne
phryne

10 days ago
Frenjamin Banklin wrote:
phryne wrote:
Frenjamin Banklin wrote:
I've had the advent calendar page open since December last year
I have one question:

Why?
just on the off chance that some kind of easter egg showed up. I checked it daily. Can confirm that nothing was there, aside from already known secrets.
I commend your dedication.

--
"Expect little, and little will disappoint you. But day after day, I expect as little as I can, as little as I can bring myself to, and still I find myself disappointed."
maleclypse
maleclypse

8 days ago
Aquaintance the Captivating Princess increasing, I do so hope that it will actually have levels. smile

--
Maintaining a controlling interest in my soul requires a pretty constant negotiation between the various shareholder interests. Thankfully the Fingerkings 23% control makes a pretty good foil to unite the other factions enough to get to 51%.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Maleclypse
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

8 days ago
Does this lock newer players out of meeting the Captivating Princess at the Feast of the Exceptional Rose and getting a Dreadful Surmise? That would be a rather sour advent gift...

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
TheDoomedLieutenant
TheDoomedLieutenant

8 days ago
Considering I managed to accept one of the Advent Calendar rewards from bl__dy Winking Isle, they should work everywhere. Alas it wasn't quite as ridiculous as the Princess visiting me there, but that Relicker must have made quite the trip to give me his scrap.
+2 mark as "accepted answer" link
dov
dov

8 days ago
Tyrconnell wrote:
Does this lock newer players out of meeting the Captivating Princess at the Feast of the Exceptional Rose and getting a Dreadful Surmise?

If the Feast mechanics stay the same, then yes it does.

(And since this Advent code gives you the Acquaintance in case you didn't have it before, the game really has no way to know how you got the quality. So I see no way for the option of meeting her at the Feast to be available, unless *everyone* gets to meet her again "for the first time" for some reason).

--
Christmas note: I'll try to respond in kind to received Christmas cards, but there's no way I'll be able to send a card to all who have sent one to me.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

8 days ago
maleclypse wrote:
Aquaintance the Captivating Princess increasing, I do so hope that it will actually have levels. smile

It must, now, or we wouldn't have been able to increase it by the Advent Calendar. Though given how qualities work in FL, we will need one more point of Acquaintance: the Captivating Princess in order to reach Level 2.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

8 days ago
Hmmm. What if this is a portent of the Neathmass exceptional story?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
Isaac Zienfried
Isaac Zienfried

8 days ago
If it's one where I can inconvenience the Princess, then I'm in.

No, seriously, you misunderstand: when asked during the Election which of them I'd be on an island with, I chose the Princess. And not for the reasons you'd think! Of bloody course she's going to eat me, but it means the Princess is trapped on an island and if that's all I do with my life, then I'm content!

...And yet she insists on finding me "charming" and "amusing." You're not supposed to laugh at my biting quips, you, you... misbegotten relic of Surface imperialism, you!

--
Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
+5 mark as "accepted answer" link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

7 days ago
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Hmmm. What if this is a portent of the Neathmass exceptional story?
We did had the Marriage of Feducci last year so the chances may be slim.
But as anyone else, I'm waiting to see what did she mean.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
incerteza
incerteza

7 days ago
Isaac Zienfried wrote:
No, seriously, you misunderstand: when asked during the Election which of them I'd be on an island with, I chose the Princess. And not for the reasons you'd think! Of bloody course she's going to eat me, but it means the Princess is trapped on an island and if that's all I do with my life, then I'm content!

That's brilliant. I guess I should get my old acc acquainted with the Princess today.
Good luck finding your way back from beyond the Gate, your Majesty.
dov
dov

7 days ago
incerteza wrote:
I guess I should get my old acc acquainted with the Princess today.

Or, it might lock you out of meeting her at the Feast (*if the mechanics stay the same*), which is the much better way to make her acquaintance (from both story and reward perspective)

--
Christmas note: I'll try to respond in kind to received Christmas cards, but there's no way I'll be able to send a card to all who have sent one to me.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
TheDoomedLieutenant
TheDoomedLieutenant

7 days ago
dov wrote:
incerteza wrote:
I guess I should get my old acc acquainted with the Princess today.

Or, it might lock you out of meeting her at the Feast (*if the mechanics stay the same*), which is the much better way to make her acquaintance (from both story and reward perspective)

I think if I read the original message correctly, the "old acc" in question is in a place where they're not going to be attending any Feasts any time soon... or ever.
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

6 days ago
Today's item is a Silent Soul! It's a rare type of Soul, I hoard them, you can sell them for 12.50 Echoes a pop I think.

--
Honeyaddict, Glassman, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence, Übergoat owner
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

Please send me a calling card first, I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well, cheers!
+2 mark as "accepted answer" link
Elaina Schill
Elaina Schill

5 days ago
Coffee today! Sweet sweet maybe-caffeine!

--
Main, Phiri Ulfur, the Cunning Shadow. Their heart belongs to a Pirate-Poet across the Zee.
Alt Vermillion Liminate, the Tragic Scholar.
Alt #2,Lady Jacqueline Blackwood, the Savage Beauty.
Alt #3, Veracity Taylor, the Dame of the Docks.
The Dogged Seeker, self explanatory.

I will accept any social actions on Fallen London(unless its a box of live rats. I already got rid of the d---ned things once and am not eager to repeat the endeavor).
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

5 days ago
Today friends one shall receive the most glorious of candles and rats alike from the advent, A RAT OF GLORY, GLORY TO THE RAT OF GLORY!!

--
Honeyaddict, Glassman, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence, Übergoat owner
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

Please send me a calling card first, I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well, cheers!
Barse
Barse

4 days ago
Happy Ratmas! Truly the most glorious day of advent.

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+5 mark as "accepted answer" link
Airomir
Airomir

4 days ago
Every year they send us a rat. Every year I forget that they do that. Every year I have a small heart attack as I get given an item that might just randomly take my stockpile of currently 35,000 mourning candles. I really need to remember next year. Happy Ratmas.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Airomir
+3 mark as "accepted answer" link