Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Advent Calendar Messages in this topic - RSS

Kittenpox
Kittenpox

3 days ago
Airomir wrote:
Every year they send us a rat. Every year I forget that they do that. Every year I have a small heart attack as I get given an item that might just randomly take my stockpile of currently 35,000 mourning candles. I really need to remember next year. Happy Ratmas.

I have two 'Rat of Glory', and here I was thinking a couple-hundred Mourning Candles was something to fret over! :-p
(Gotta ask - why so many?)

--
Kittenpox (TtH = Wednesday 4am UTC time.)
Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: Twenty-Two! (of 50).
-
Currently: Returned to the Neath, just in time for Neathmas. :-)
NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
0 link
Airomir
Airomir

2 days ago
Kittenpox wrote:
Airomir wrote:
Every year they send us a rat. Every year I forget that they do that. Every year I have a small heart attack as I get given an item that might just randomly take my stockpile of currently 35,000 mourning candles. I really need to remember next year. Happy Ratmas.

I have two 'Rat of Glory', and here I was thinking a couple-hundred Mourning Candles was something to fret over! :-p
(Gotta ask - why so many?)

I've been going through the boxful of intrigue loop for a while to make echoes and they've just sort of piled up. Still a year or so off from the cider so plenty more candles to go.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Airomir
0 mark as "accepted answer" link
Jason5237
Jason5237

2 days ago
So I’ve got to say that today’s Advent Calendar gift (the verbiage) is priceless. I don’t recall this wording from previous years, but could just be my memory.

Thanks, Failbetter. Too funny.

=)

J-
+2 mark as "accepted answer" link
dov
dov

2 days ago
Jason5237 wrote:
So I’ve got to say that today’s Advent Calendar gift (the verbiage) is priceless. I don’t recall this wording from previous years, but could just be my memory.

Thanks, Failbetter. Too funny.

=)

J-

Indeed, it's been there for a few years. Definitely a favorite.

--
Christmas note: I'll try to respond in kind to received Christmas cards, but there's no way I'll be able to send a card to all who have sent one to me.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 mark as "accepted answer" link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

2 days ago
Airomir wrote:

Not to worry! Once it's in your inventory, you can choose the option that lets you ask the Scuttering Company take the Rat of Glory away.

By the way, if anyone has had their Rat Of Glory activate, how many candles did you lose? All of them? All of some types? Or a mixture?

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 mark as "accepted answer" link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2 days ago
Airomir wrote:
I've been going through the boxful of intrigue loop for a while to make echoes and they've just sort of piled up. Still a year or so off from the cider so plenty more candles to go.
Why not make it faster with the newer grinds?

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 mark as "accepted answer" link
xKiv
xKiv

1 days ago
Catherine Raymond wrote:

By the way, if anyone has had their Rat Of Glory activate, how many candles did you lose? All of them? All of some types? Or a mixture?

Random amount of many types. This is usually (but not always) 1 for the singular ones.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

18 hours ago
xKiv wrote:
Catherine Raymond wrote:

Random amount of many types. This is usually (but not always) 1 for the singular ones.

Thanks! Good to know. Since my character is not Seeking, I'm not terribly concerned.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
Optimatum
Optimatum

17 hours ago
It's worth noting that the Rat of Glory can only activate if you choose to use it, so your horde of candles is safe, Airomir.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

For the holiday season, send me Christmas Cards for sips of Cider! Fogscapes with Tentacles strongly preferred. (Only one per character, sorry!)

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
Jason5237
Jason5237

6 hours ago
Optimatum wrote:
It's worth noting that the Rat of Glory can only activate if you choose to use it, so your horde of candles is safe, Airomir.

This is good information. I think there's a pervasive fear by many that it could activate at random while sitting idle in your inventory. I had interpreted that as a possibility based upon the text.

J-