Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Advent Calendar Messages in this topic - RSS

Arcengal
Arcengal

12/13/2018
I can't be the only player who got slightly nervous when they opened the window and saw a candle, right? I get that Fallen London reuses art but I can't think of places I've seen the 7 Candles' art get used elsewhere.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
+4 mark as "accepted answer" link
Frenzgyn
Frenzgyn

12/13/2018
Arcengal wrote:
I can't be the only player who got slightly nervous when they opened the window and saw a candle, right? I get that Fallen London reuses art but I can't think of places I've seen the 7 Candles' art get used elsewhere.

You were not alone.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Frenzgyn
+4 mark as "accepted answer" link
Monara
Monara

12/13/2018
Arcengal wrote:

I logged in on an alt first when I saw it, to make sure it was really something I wanted.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Miranah
0 mark as "accepted answer" link
Azothi
Azothi

12/13/2018
Arcengal wrote:
The white candle art is also used in "Cast out the tomb-colonists" on their faction card, but that's a very niche location.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.

Furloughed until February 25, 2019.
+3 mark as "accepted answer" link
Jeremiah Oathes
Jeremiah Oathes

12/15/2018
Isn't today's "present" quite a big spoiler?

--
Dr Jeremiah Oathes - Natural Philosopher, Alchemist and Anatomist (part-time). Occasionally in Service to the Crown and the Bazaar. Would like to dissect a Master (for science and mad laughter).
Siankan
Siankan

12/15/2018
Jeremiah Oathes wrote:
Isn't today's "present" quite a big spoiler?

Except for the Sunless Skies plug, it's basically the same text from the past two years' Sky Stories.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+2 mark as "accepted answer" link
Jeremiah Oathes
Jeremiah Oathes

12/15/2018
Siankan wrote:
Except for the Sunless Skies plug, it's basically the same text from the past two years' Sky Stories.

Oh, okay, I didn't know that!

--
Dr Jeremiah Oathes - Natural Philosopher, Alchemist and Anatomist (part-time). Occasionally in Service to the Crown and the Bazaar. Would like to dissect a Master (for science and mad laughter).
Azothi
Azothi

12/16/2018
To be honest, it is a pretty big spoiler. Two years ago, I knew nothing about the lore. I had never played Sunless Sea, and I had no idea who the Merchant Venturer was. My main at the time (now gone) had only just begun Seeking about a month before, and I knew from spoilers that the story ended at the High Gate but that what lay beyond was unknown. It was a huge revelation.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.

Furloughed until February 25, 2019.
Siankan
Siankan

12/17/2018
Very true.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
theonie
theonie

12/18/2018
I didn't get the second message from today's advent calendar entry, and it's not in my Messages tab either; did that happen to anyone else? (Dec 18)
edited by theonie on 12/18/2018

--
theonie, an inescapable, midnight, terrifying, and irresistible lady. All social actions except Affluent Photographer welcome. As a Midnighter, will gladly accept all invitations to Orphanages.
dov
dov

12/18/2018
theonie wrote:
I didn't get the second message from today's advent calendar entry, and it's not in my Messages tab either; did that happen to anyone else? (Dec 18)

Try the same access code again - maybe it didn't actually work for you. If the game has registered you playing it you'll get a message that the access code was already used.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
theonie
theonie

12/18/2018
dov wrote:
theonie wrote:

Try the same access code again - maybe it didn't actually work for you. If the game has registered you playing it you'll get a message that the access code was already used.

That worked, thank you, dov! Both messages appeared this time. Maybe the issue was related to why FL has been crashin on my iPad (Safari) every five actions or so in the last few days - I'll submit a ticket.

--
theonie, an inescapable, midnight, terrifying, and irresistible lady. All social actions except Affluent Photographer welcome. As a Midnighter, will gladly accept all invitations to Orphanages.
+1 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

12/19/2018
They had a site problem around 16:30-17:00 GMT yesterday, so that may also have been a factor.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

12/21/2018
Was fully expecting one of the "better" souls today, given the image -- surely there is a different one for the J.'s E.?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

12/22/2018
Today's code gives you 1 point of Taste of Lacre, uncapped. Remember that the code will work for five days - if Time the Healer is already lurking around your corner, and you can still get some ToL out of Pails, you might want to wait with using this code.

Example: you're currently at ToL 5, you have the Monocle and 10 SotC and TtH comes around tomorrow. Wait for TtH, get your Pail, jump from 5 to 8 ToL, then use today's code.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 12/22/2018

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.