Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Ambition: Enigma, Is It Worth The Trouble? Messages in this topic - RSS

Isaac Gates
Isaac Gates

18 days ago
I only recently learned about this by stumbling onto it on a profile page, and I'm wondering.

No, I'm not going to ask how to get it or for hints how to get it because I'm sure they'd be too cryptic to be of any use anyways- but to those who've actually managed it: is it worth the doubtlessly huge amount of trouble and banging your head against the wall involved? Or is it just a series of easter eggs and not worth doing unless you actually enjoy riddling that sort of thing out?

--
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Isaac%20Gates
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

18 days ago
Enigma is just easter eggs without any mechanical benefit, so it's not "worth" it in that sense. You do get cool text for doing it. In my opinion it's pretty simple for this sort of thing, though.

The publicly acceptable clues are here, if you want to judge their crypticness for yourself.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+4 link
Azothi
Azothi

18 days ago
The hints are by far one of the most useful ways to solve Ambition: Enigma. The solution is pretty simple, especially in hindsight.

Ambition: Enigma gives some interesting text that gives a bit of insight into the workings of Failbetter back in around 2014, and it connects to a few of Fallen London's literary influences, albeit only tangentially. You won't gain any mechanical benefit if that's what you're asking, but it's still worth it, in my opinion.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
+3 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

18 days ago
Unfortunately until you find the solution, you don't know if it's worth it as it's entirely a matter of personal taste. If you enjoy riddles, or meta-commentary, go ahead. It doesn't consume a lot of actions, or resources, if that's what worries you.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+2 link
Isaac Gates
Isaac Gates

17 days ago
Welp, asked and answered- and yeah that's about as cryptic as I expected. Probably won't bother- I've never enjoyed that sort of riddle...

--
"What claim has your piety on my deference?"

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Isaac%20Gates
0 link
Kittenpox
Kittenpox

17 days ago
Worth mentioning, the link for #2 on that document doesn't *quite* work because the site has changed from fallenlondon.storynexus.com to fallenlondon.com - So you'd need to use http://fallenlondon.com/a/enigma instead.

I once gave Ambition:Enigma a stab, a few years back, but never really managed to figure it out. Nice to know that it exists though. :-)

--
Kittenpox (TtH = Wednesday 4am UTC time.)
Current [Fabulous Diamond] count: 21 (of 50).
-
Currently: Returning to the Neath, with a long contacts list to sift through. :-)
NO PLANT BATTLES PLEASE.
+1 link
hwoosh
hwoosh

9 days ago
If anyone wants either to be hinted along the way, or to simply be rapidly spoiled, I'm happy to do either, privately.

(I philosophically disagree with creator-requested secrecy, and I believe that anyone who is interested in things like Enigma should be able to see the content regardless of how much or little they want to bang their head against the wall—heck, I even believe such content should all be wiki'd, behind spoiler tags of course—but I refrain from *publicly* sharing content whose secrecy FBG has requested for the sole reason that the rest of the community frowns upon it and I don't want to be ostracized.)
edited by hwoosh on 11/7/2018

--
Persona: hwoosh
R Fellow Oswho. Don't ask what the "R." stands for. The poor fellow is sensitive about it. And violent.
Most social requests gladly and promptly answered.
+3 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

8 days ago
It's a fun little riddle, but definitely won't change your game experience in any significant way. If you feel it's too frustrating, no worries! You're not missing much.

(Other than having your name added to the cool kids' list :P )

--
The Smiling Violinist The Curt Licentiate The Dreamless Truth-Seeker

"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
0 link