Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

November's Exceptional Story: A Little Pandemonium Messages in this topic - RSS

olicole
olicole

11/17/2018
Some questions from a new exceptional friend. I received an item at the end - is this item likely to feature in the main game at all? Or in Exceptional Stories in the future? Or is it just a nice memento?

Can I play it again, and collect any other items that might come from other choices?
edited by olicole on 11/17/2018
+1 link
olicole
olicole

11/17/2018
Edit: Can't seem to delete this message....
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11/17/2018
olicole wrote:
Some questions from a new exceptional friend. I received an item at the end - is this item likely to feature in the main game at all? Or in Exceptional Stories in the future? Or is it just a nice memento?

Can I play it again, and collect any other items that might come from other choices?

All Exceptional Stories give a unique item regardless of your choices. If you play all three stories in a season and get all three items, you'll unlock a seasonal conclusion with special story and a reward. Some Exceptional Stories do give other unique items depending on your choices, but this isn't one.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

For the holiday season, send me Christmas Cards for sips of Cider! Fogscapes with Tentacles strongly preferred. (Only one per character, sorry!)

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

11/19/2018
olicole wrote:

In time, current Exceptional story will become available for purchase at Fate tab. You may reset and play again once-completed Exceptional story for 25 Fate.

--
Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a Visionary Hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
I am a Dangerous patron
Jane Barlowe(Light Fingers), a Notorious Shenanigan and mediocre writer.
Cardinalli Browning(Bag a Legend), a Joyful Adventuress and a fictional character, written by Jane Barlowe.
0 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

11/20/2018
Note that if you reset it, I think you lose its unique item. You don't get to replay it to collect all of the different ones, I think?

--
My profile is at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/amalgamate .

Social invitations of all kinds welcome, especially games of chess, deadly sparring, and plant battles! Let me know if you need help with nightmares; I'm always happy for any social actions which increase my nightmares.
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

11/20/2018
Amalgamate wrote:
Note that if you reset it, I think you lose its unique item. You don't get to replay it to collect all of the different ones, I think?

I've played a number of ES stories well after they were issued and have sundry unique items cluttering the place up. Unless you play all three in the season (and re-access the epilogue), the unique items should stay in your inventory.

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

11/29/2018
Be sure to hurry to unlock this story if you haven't!

It's about to get locked while the new season will unveil itself!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

20 days ago
Do any of the paths in this story give you or raise Liberation of the Night?
edited by Anne Auclair on 12/28/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair

Liberate London from the Anodyne Menace! Vote the Princess!
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

20 days ago
Not as far as I recall, having played through supporting the Revolutionaries in all but one decision (the effigy).

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
0 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

20 days ago
I was a little surprised to learn that the formidable Ministry that regularly terrorizes London is being led by Ned Flanders. The ideology of control (spectacle that preserves social hierarchy) achieves perfect synthesis with one OCD guy's idea of a good time ("One firework! Just one! It goes up in the air and then poofs and falls back to earth!" - oookay).
edited by Anne Auclair on 12/28/2018

--

+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

19 days ago
The banality of evil indeed. His reactions also made it easy to light the night up.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

19 days ago
Jolanda Swan wrote:
The banality of evil indeed. His reactions also made it easy to light the night up.

I could actually sympathize a little with his desperate desire for everything to be just perfect and go according to plan. When the single firework goes off he just seems so happy!

--

+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

18 days ago
I honestly thought that the man wouldn't mind more fireworks if it meant the festival was more successful, which I assume it was, a festival is after all supposed to be a bit chaotic!
None the less I loved that you could still shoo away the Revolutionaries after you did the Fireworks and that if you split between defeating the Revolutionaries and defeating the perfect order you got rewards from both sides and the letters were according!

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

18 days ago
...which is why this is the only story I am replaying. I aim to make a lovely spectacle and stop the final abomination from taking place. I assume that is doable, right?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

18 days ago
Yes, while do-able it takes quite some effort and you cannot entirely stop them. They will overrun the place partially sadly. But if you work with the Constabulary you can keep it in check to an extend.

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
0 link