Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Hallowmas 1896: The Mystery of the Rosers Messages in this topic - RSS

Aardvark
Aardvark

8 days ago
So, do we know about the effect individual choices have on One's Public this year? Is there any one (more than one?) that gives access to a superior option on the card?

I would presume that if anything, it would be the one where you are interviewed as the Ambassador, but I have yet to draw the card.

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
0 link
Barse
Barse

8 days ago
Aardvark wrote:
So, do we know about the effect individual choices have on One's Public this year? Is there any one (more than one?) that gives access to a superior option on the card?

I would presume that if anything, it would be the one where you are interviewed as the Ambassador, but I have yet to draw the card.

The new option on One's Public isn't live yet (it took a little while to get added last year too) so as of right now there's no way of knowing.

Edit: Given that all the rewards for all of the interviews were the same, my guess would be that every Unexpurgated Gazette 1896 quality would give the same result on the new One's Public option, but that's just me theorising.
edited by Barse on 11/8/2018

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

8 days ago
On the other hand FB did say that to get the "full ending" you would need to get three clues. While they may well have only meant the fact that you get to be ambassador, I feel like it's nevertheless a possibility that that will lead to a better reward. And while they do keep repeating not to assume anything from last years, that doesn't mean that things necessarily must be different in every way, only that they could be
Edit: also, previous years, all the interviews were also the same - except for the one that wasn't. So that doesn't mean much.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 11/8/2018

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

7 days ago
I would expect the options on One's Public don't get switched out until after the turn-in with Mr Huffam is closed, which is historically one week after the main event ends.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

7 days ago
So I'm not sure if anyone else had this issue, but I literally did not draw Visitors at Hallowmas once this entire festival. It's not an issue personally, since I have my Destiny, and making any recurring card Frequent frequency is annoying even when it's profitable, but this seems particularly strange on the part of RNG.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
+4 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7 days ago
That's definitely some severe RNG. I drew it almost every day.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+3 link
Daisy MacRae
Daisy MacRae

7 days ago
I drew the visitor card multiple times on the two accounts that already have a destiny -- but not at all on the two that don't have one yet despite having adequate MW/nightmares. I feel most thoroughly taunted by the RNG.

--
Daisy MacRae, the Disquisitive Writer
Marsali Burns, a slightly outrageous work in progress
+1 link
silurica
silurica

7 days ago
I gotta say for the two weeks it was around, the Visitor card felt a tad rare. I only barely made it to get 7 Tiny Cave Fish on one character. Surely it wouldn't hurt to raise its frequency a bit next time, if Notability wouldn't be involved again? It's not like the Visitor card is as profitable as, say, Election cards... It shouldn't throw off the card economy too much within the two weeks.

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
+4 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

7 days ago
And the way I see it card economy doesn't even matter that much. Like last time when they made all the faction cards Frequent for the whole event.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+1 link
Deathjack999
Deathjack999

7 days ago
+1 if you argued with Huffam.

Edit: Oh come on!
edited by Deathjack999 on 11/11/2018
0 link
Joshopoke
Joshopoke

7 days ago
Rather disappointed that there's no option for if you have all the companions this year...

--
Joshopoke, an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and magnificent gentleman.

Current goal: 3,000/64,000 Mourning Candles - 6/10/18 - (160,000 Echoes, one flask of Hesperidean Cider)
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7 days ago
MidnightVoyager wrote:
PETS FOR THE PET GOD, I OBTAINED THEM ALL.

...I'm fine, really. If you need me, I'll be sitting on my hoard.

...not as in, literally sitting on all the poor creatures plus the judges, I hope.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+3 link
annalibertas
annalibertas

3 days ago
Azothi wrote:
So I'm not sure if anyone else had this issue, but I literally did not draw Visitors at Hallowmas once this entire festival. It's not an issue personally, since I have my Destiny, and making any recurring card Frequent frequency is annoying even when it's profitable, but this seems particularly strange on the part of RNG.

Same situation here, I usually enjoy collecting fish during hallowmas but none this year (in retrospect, this may have contributed to the 'this event didn't feel like an event' situation I was complaining about elsewhere

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anna%20Libertas
Accepting all social actions & boxed cats
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Julliah%20Randolph
Alt, will accept all social actions whenever I log on
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

1 days ago
One's public has been updated for a few hours at least. Being the Ambassador does not appear to confer more Making Waves, as my results so far have been within the 4-7 CP range of past years.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

18 hours ago
Jolanda Swan wrote:
MidnightVoyager wrote:
PETS FOR THE PET GOD, I OBTAINED THEM ALL.

...I'm fine, really. If you need me, I'll be sitting on my hoard.

...not as in, literally sitting on all the poor creatures plus the judges, I hope.

It's very soft up here.

Time The Healer wrote:
An occurrence! Your 'Free Evening' Quality is now 5! An occurrence! Your 'Making Waves' Quality is now 6! You have discovered a mysterious confession! Someone does not want you to have this. 'The Duchess' Progress' has been reset: a conclusion, or a new beginning? 'The Princess' Progress' has been reset: a conclusion, or a new beginning?

Wait, what's this about a mysterious confession I've apparently discovered?

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+3 link