Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 08/10/2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

6 days ago
Here's this week's quick questions thread!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

6 days ago
I am currently soulless. I opened a bundle of oddities and got "something ecletic", which the wiki states requires a value of 200 and no Your Very Own Internal Contract. Having the contract is supposed to give you Something Unexpected and your soul back. Is this a known error on the wiki or is it a coin flip if you hit the 200 value?
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

6 days ago
Arcengal wrote:
I am currently soulless. I opened a bundle of oddities and got "something ecletic", which the wiki states requires a value of 200 and no Your Very Own Internal Contract. Having the contract is supposed to give you Something Unexpected and your soul back. Is this a known error on the wiki or is it a coin flip if you hit the 200 value?

Note that there are two results on the table for "something eclectic," one for a roll of 100 and one for a roll of 200. You must have rolled 100.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

6 days ago
PSGarak wrote:
Arcengal wrote:
I am currently soulless. I opened a bundle of oddities and got &quotsomething ecletic&quot, which the wiki states requires a value of 200 and no Your Very Own Internal Contract. Having the contract is supposed to give you Something Unexpected and your soul back. Is this a known error on the wiki or is it a coin flip if you hit the 200 value?

Note that there are two results on the table for &quotsomething eclectic,&quot one for a roll of 100 and one for a roll of 200. You must have rolled 100.

Ahhh, goshdarnit. Cheers for pointing that out.
0 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

6 days ago
PSGarak wrote:
Arcengal wrote:
I am currently soulless. I opened a bundle of oddities and got &quotsomething ecletic&quot, which the wiki states requires a value of 200 and no Your Very Own Internal Contract. Having the contract is supposed to give you Something Unexpected and your soul back. Is this a known error on the wiki or is it a coin flip if you hit the 200 value?

Note that there are two results on the table for &quotsomething eclectic,&quot one for a roll of 100 and one for a roll of 200. You must have rolled 100.

Ahhh, goshdarnit. Cheers for pointing that out.
-1 link
DonaghyLogan
DonaghyLogan

6 days ago
I can't seem to find my surprise packages in the new inventory. Any advice? I've searched them, and they aren't showing up.

--
http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/DonaghyLogan - An eccentric, ambitious professor with a quite frankly unreasonable number of pets
0 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

6 days ago
"A Surprise Package" should be in the Curiosity section, second item from the top left, right after "A boxed cat?" And the search function finds mine just fine. Are you sure you didn't open all of yours?
+2 link
DonaghyLogan
DonaghyLogan

6 days ago
Gillsing wrote:
"A Surprise Package" should be in the Curiosity section, second item from the top left, right after "A boxed cat?" And the search function finds mine just fine. Are you sure you didn't open all of yours?

Ah, there they are! I guess I just had to log off for a couple of hours. Thanks!

--
http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/DonaghyLogan - An eccentric, ambitious professor with a quite frankly unreasonable number of pets
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

6 days ago
DonaghyLogan wrote:
I can't seem to find my surprise packages in the new inventory. Any advice? I've searched them, and they aren't showing up.

On the beta version of FL, Surprise Packages did not show up in your Inventory until you refreshed the browser. This bug may still be in existence.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+2 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

6 days ago
Also in the Beta, Surprise Packages would not go away when you ran out. Instead of disappearing from your inventory, the item would remain with a quantity of 0.

I had fun writing that bug report. ("I shouldn't have any but instead I have none!")

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Vega
Vega

5 days ago
When I invite a non-POSI to Dante's Grill, does the Making Waves I receive scale with the amount of MW that they currently have? Or is it always a fixed amount of MW?

--
The Shifty Spectre and The Jaunty Mystic.
Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.
0 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

5 days ago
I've read that you receive a number of CP equal to the level your guest has in Making Waves, or thereabouts. If that is the case, it would scale... poorly.

EDIT: But now I just read that "With the move to the new style of social actions, I can confirm this moves exactly 100 CP of MW from the recipient to the inviting party." (August 13, 2017 by Adnoam)
NotaWalrus

5 days ago
You get either all their CP or 100, whichever is lower.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Licentious Scholar, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.

Good evening from Ignacious
Ignacious's Backtory
+1 link