Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Announcing the Fourth Tournament of the SRS Messages in this topic - RSS

Vega
Vega

11 days ago
Is the SRS committee accepting donations of prize money for this tournament? If so, who shall I send it to? (Sorry for bothering you about it in-game, James!)

--
The Shifty Spectre and The Jaunty Mystic.
Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.
+1 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

8 days ago
As a reminder, signups for the Fourth Tournament will end on Friday, Nov 9th (at noon Eastern time), after which the tournament will begin, probably around a day later. There has been an impressive turnout so far, with 22 contestants already signed up. I will send out announcements to all contestants when the tournament begins. Enter now to win a shot at fame, glory, and a pile of First City Coins!

Vega wrote:
Is the SRS committee accepting donations of prize money for this tournament? If so, who shall I send it to? (Sorry for bothering you about it in-game, James!)
Donations of First City Coins are gratefully accepted (thanks for sending your contribution, Vega!). They can be sent directly to me in-game (profile link), and I record all donations and distributions on the SRS treasury page. All donations go solely towards SRS event prizes.
edited by James Sinclair on 11/7/2018

--
James Sinclair

Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society 🗡

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
0 link
SingingFlame
SingingFlame

7 days ago
Are the Wins/Losses columns on the leaderboard sheet for all of the lethal duels you've ever fought, or only for those during the tournament? I ask because I hadn't fought anyone with Anne before signing her up, but since then, she's had some practice duels with someone and has acquired a ribbon.

Also. I think one of the recent updates has made it possible to survive losing a lethal duel again if you're the attacker. She got "A Double Death" yesterday on a duel she'd instigated. I was able to go to the messages tab and accept a new-style offer of healing without her losing a Horsehead Amulet.
edited by SingingFlame on 11/9/2018

--
Matilda Ydmos, the Discerning Huntress (Nemesis)
Anne Carnacki, the Audacious Canon (Heart's Desire)
Eleanor Redrick, the Stalwart Well-Widow (Bag a Legend!)
-Any social actions welcomed-
0 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

6 days ago
SingingFlame wrote:
Are the Wins/Losses columns on the leaderboard sheet for all of the lethal duels you've ever fought, or only for those during the tournament? I ask because I hadn't fought anyone with Anne before signing her up, but since then, she's had some practice duels with someone and has acquired a ribbon.
The leaderboard stats are for all Lethal Sparring Bouts that you've fought, both in and out of tournaments. Upon joining the Society, if you want to, you can fill out the Wins column with the number of Sanguine Ribbons that you already have (see note #4 on the Introduction page of the SRS document).

SingingFlame wrote:
Also. I think one of the recent updates has made it possible to survive losing a lethal duel again if you're the attacker. She got "A Double Death" yesterday on a duel she'd instigated. I was able to go to the messages tab and accept a new-style offer of healing without her losing a Horsehead Amulet.
Very interesting! The recent site updates have have made a few minor changes and corrected some glitches, so hopefully this change sticks around. It could be extremely useful for participants in the tournament.

--
James Sinclair

Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society 🗡

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
+1 link
SingingFlame
SingingFlame

6 days ago
James Sinclair wrote:
The leaderboard stats are for all Lethal Sparring Bouts that you've fought, both in and out of tournaments. Upon joining the Society, if you want to, you can fill out the Wins column with the number of Sanguine Ribbons that you already have (see note #4 on the Introduction page of the SRS document).

Thanks! I remembered reading something about filling in the Sanguine Ribbons you already had, but I'd been looking for it in the rules instead of the introduction.

James Sinclair wrote:
Very interesting! The recent site updates have have made a few minor changes and corrected some glitches, so hopefully this change sticks around. It could be extremely useful for participants in the tournament.
I think it's the same as the old method. (Wasn't it "go immediately to the message / possessions tab instead of hitting 'Onwards'"?) I'm not sure whether Tinctures of Vigour work, though, not having had the chance to test it.

--
Matilda Ydmos, the Discerning Huntress (Nemesis)
Anne Carnacki, the Audacious Canon (Heart's Desire)
Eleanor Redrick, the Stalwart Well-Widow (Bag a Legend!)
-Any social actions welcomed-
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

6 days ago
You cannot access items like the Tincture of Vigour after being killed, but you can accept healing for wounds via the post-redesign social action without the "You have to resolve this event" popout.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
0 link
Vega
Vega

1 days ago
Looking at the current tournament log (which is turning into a fun pasttime, by the way), I had a thought... what about a wooden spoon award for the person(s) who has fought the requisite 15 opponents but lost every single match, ending up with zero points at the end of the tournament? Instead of coins, how about dead rats? Perhaps 1000 of them (ie. 10 gift packages)?

Not at all inspired by my own score right now. Not at all. ;P But I think it'll be nice to have a prize acknowledging the bottom of the ladder. 15 losses is a lot of Death to escape.

In any case, both my alts (one who is non-contestant) are more than happy to contribute to a wooden spoon consolation prize of rats, and do the sending whenever the Gift opportunity card pops up. Just an idea!

--
edited by Vega on 11/15/2018

--
The Shifty Spectre and The Jaunty Mystic.
Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.
0 link