Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Sports and Souls Messages in this topic - RSS

If souls have a weight to them, are non-soul athletes cheating when weight matters?

Yes, a lighter form via questionable ethics would mean an unfair advantage.:1
No, giving up your soul is a choice. If your opponent has, what's stopping you from doing so as well?:5
Souls are just reverse-performance-enhancing drugs.:5
There is no correlation between souls and physical capability.:4
Although the terms "empty, hollow, and lighter" are usually used to describe not having a soul, there is no actual physical weight to them.:12
Don't care / Shut up, Tystefy!:1
Tystefy
Tystefy

9/11/2018
Question.

Do souls have weight?

If so, does that mean every non-soul athlete is cheating?

--
Will sometimes return to post absurdity.
+4 link
Ixc
Ixc

9/11/2018
You think Feducci pops out a scale for weight classes in his fighting rings? There aren't weight classes in Fallen London sports! Don't worry about it.

Though one of my oc did quit ring fighting after losing her soul (and became a pirate). The soulless might have less motivation for things like training and posture, so technically, yes.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Where dreams of the Fourth City lies upon ours; in its reverbations, you may confess. (Open till Nov. 21st)

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
+4 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

9/11/2018
If it would give the athletes an advantage, what would indeed stop other athletes from gaining it too?
And while the slight weightloss might miraculously give an advantage, the disadvantage from being less motivated is bigger.
However, this is useful in fights to the death or stressful moments as it also allows you to maintain your cool more easily.

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Canon
Planning on becoming a Paramount Presence and establishing a Colony in Parabola for him and his friends.
Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of Like some items or some beasts

Please send me a calling card (or letter) first in Fallen London, I will accept most social interactions. (Photographer only if it's a dupe, else not.) I do enjoy RPing ingame, cheers!
+3 link
Parvorus
Parvorus

9/12/2018
Souls do definitely have a physical weight to them - there's one storylet where you build a contraption out of diamonds to find a specific soul based on its weight.

--
Feel free to send me anything other than Photographers.
My Profile
+2 link
Cooper
Cooper

9/16/2018
Athletes control their weight before competitions in real life, usually by how much water they drink of what food they eat.

In the Neath, apparently, it can also include a visit to a local spirifer. I find this both ghastly and hilarious.

--
Padraig Cooper,
Remorseful Opportunist. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Padraig%20Cooper
+1 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

9/16/2018
Well, that'd put a spin on Southwark's love of wrestling and his list of soulless? Wrestling do have weight classes, after all.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+1 link