Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

New Expeditions in the Forgotten Quarter! Messages in this topic - RSS

Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

9/10/2018
Kaijyuu wrote:
Yeah that always goes to trading revolutionaries favors.

Really? I exchange this for Urchin favors. I mean, Revolutionaries can be used to write ballets, Criminals have the Penance card and the Expeditions... what do you do with Urchins?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

9/10/2018
I usually trade Urchins favors to Hell or the Widow. The Hell conflict card has that nice scandal reduction (which I'm always in need of), and the Widow one scales well with total favors and is reasonably profitable at 7 urchins favors.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
+2 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

9/10/2018
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Kaijyuu wrote:
Yeah that always goes to trading revolutionaries favors.

Really? I exchange this for Urchin favors. I mean, Revolutionaries can be used to write ballets, Criminals have the Penance card and the Expeditions... what do you do with Urchins?

25 Certifiable Scraps, which is important if you're trying to get top tier items from the Relickers. Also, this keeps my HOJOTOJO! option free on the Urchins faction card which is a great source of nightmare reduction along with the Urchin favor.

J-
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

9/12/2018
Kaijyuu wrote:
Well this shakes things up quite a bit for me. Unfortunately I don't have enough moon pearls (nor an efficient supply of them) to get the cheaper source of Strong Backed Labor, so I'll have to go with the expensive bazaar sidestreets option.

Isn't the EPA for grinding the items for the cheap option abysmal enough that it's less efficient? Say if you want a self-sufficient grind and don't want to invest any of your current items directly; using, let's say, Urchins you can get echoes at, say, just over 2.1EPA, which means 6.4 actions per Labour (not counting the action to actually buy it). For the Clay Quarter option, just getting the rostygold and moonpearls alone (4E of the price) using Unfinished Business will take 3.6 actions on average, so unless there are grinds that give you 6E in Idenitites and Documents within 2.8 actions, it's already less efficient.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+2 link
xavicr
xavicr

9/12/2018
This is fantastic! Expeditions are my favorite thing to do in the Neath.

--
The Silvertongued Sergeant, an individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Comes and goes.
+1 link
Jamilah S. Wolf
Jamilah S. Wolf

9/13/2018
Quite excited to see what these new expeditions yield, and more importantly, the lore.

--

Jamilah
, a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance. A Shattering Force.
Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective lured to the Neath to Seek. The toll it has taken does not hide itself, nor does he bother to.

Open to all actions, delicious friends. PM for hints Enigmatic.

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
0 link
Xue
Xue

9/14/2018
Huzzah!

More Expeditions into my favorite locale: The Forgotten Quarter. Not only are the rewards really nice, but the lore sheds a lot more light on the enigmatic Fourth City and its foes....

I am particularly concerned though...

[spoiler] What exactly do those light snuffing Revolutionaries want with the God Eaters? I'm hoping we'll be seeing more of those three in the future. What other enigmas of the Third City lingers? [/spoiler]
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

9/16/2018
Ugh, most expensive expedition three times in a row and no triple Night Whispers treasure. So it is not dependent upon Watchful then. Perhaps they are a rare success?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Lucy Ness
Lucy Ness

9/17/2018
I'm new to the game (a few months) and enjoying it but The Forgotten Quarter is confusing me. I don't know how to get staff -- specifically an archaeologist -- so that I can mount my own expedition. Game directions tell me to go to Ladybones Road, which I do, but I never seem to get anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

• Thanks,
    Lucy Ness
  • 0 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

9/17/2018
    Lucy Ness wrote:
    I'm new to the game (a few months) and enjoying it but The Forgotten Quarter is confusing me. I don't know how to get staff -- specifically an archaeologist -- so that I can mount my own expedition. Game directions tell me to go to Ladybones Road, which I do, but I never seem to get anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

• Thanks,
    Lucy Ness

• If you already have access to the Forgotten Quarter, you should see a storylet called Prepare for an Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter. You'll need to use items or Favours to get Expedition Supplies, then Learn the Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter so you can embark on expeditions.

If you have more questions, I suggest asking in the Weekly Question Thread—here's the current one.

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    +1 link