Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Zee-Science Messages in this topic - RSS

Iona Dre'emt
Iona Dre'emt

8/24/2018
So I know there's currents in the zee, probably caused by temperature differences or whatever but is there a tide? The moon's super far away but I don't know if there's some specific Neathy Thing that happens that the zee gets to have a tide. I'm guessing there also isn't storms aside from snow in the north, wax-wind/sandstorms in the south but it would be really cool to have a thunderstorm on the zee even if it isn't lore/scientifically backed. I'm also gonna assume the zee is salty(I mean, come on, Storm, Stone, and Salt) which adds a whole other layer of what the heck to it. I'm not a marine biologist and I doubt there's enough lore to satisfy my thirst for Zee-Science so these might be rhetorical questions. Also, are the whirlpools caused by anything specific that we know of? Strong currents? Zee-beasts? The spite of Mr Eaten?
Who knows? I'm curious to see what people know that I don't.

--
Main, Phiri Ulfur, the Cunning Shadow. Their heart belongs to a Pirate-Poet across the Zee.
Alt Vermillion Liminate, the Tragic Scholar.
Alt #2,Lady Jacqueline Blackwood, the Savage Beauty.
Alt #3, Veracity Taylor, the Dame of the Docks.
The Dogged Seeker, self explanatory.

I will accept any social actions on Fallen London(unless its a box of live rats. I already got rid of the d---ned things once and am not eager to repeat the endeavor.) PLEASE send anything that will give Making Waves, I will repay with almost anything. Notability grinding is monstrous.
0 link
phryne
phryne

8/24/2018
There was a thread about this once before...

--
"Expect little, and little will disappoint you. But day after day, I expect as little as I can, as little as I can bring myself to, and still I find myself disappointed."
+1 link