Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Best place for getting Romantic Notions? Messages in this topic - RSS

Guymanbot
Guymanbot

12 days ago
Hello, I am almost going to become a POSI, and need to get the fancy home. But I think wasted all of my Romantic Notions on something. How do I get more without spending all of my echoes on Honey? I heard going to Polythreme is helpful, but I don't think I have the proper requirements to go there yet. I have unlocked every area minus Mahogany Hall. I could really use help, because I feel like I am just running around in circles at this point.

--
Profile (Idk how these work: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daniel%20Silverman
+1 link
kittyrambunctious
kittyrambunctious

12 days ago
You can get a one-time ticket to Polythreme for 150 Map Scraps, and it is a good place to collect them. I don't know what other good options are. Some social actions give them out.

--
Accepting all non-harmful social interactions. Have several betrayal-ready alts, which I am happy to rent out. Love/need catboxes and esp. Starveling kitties.

http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kitty%20Rambunctious
+1 link
asinineFlatfoot
asinineFlatfoot

11 days ago
This is actually something that was on my mind as well. High-tier items can be cross-traded to turn most anything into most anything, but Romantic Notions are unfortunately below the threshold. Thus, the only way to get them is directly, or by converting honey. You can buy honey, but for the 2500 you need to convert to 500 Notions, you're looking at 10,000 pence or 100 Echoes.

Wish I had the answers. In lieu of them, I offer my math homework.

--
[spoiler](This is an RP account for The Asinine Flatfoot, an insane detective bent on self-destruction in pursuit of something terrible. If you hear me say something that sounds dreary, depressed, or suicidal, please do not worry about me; it's all part of the character. I am in good health.)[/spoiler]
0 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

11 days ago
I don't have a better solution other than a very slow grind through cards or visiting Polythreme by tramp steamer from the Wolfstack Docks. However, I will point out that you don't need to have that particular home to advance towards becoming a Person of Some Importance. There are four different cards that will move things forward. Some other options include having any of the four card lodgings or having Renown 10 with combinations of several factions.

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

11 days ago
You can farm honey and upconvert; I think that's what most people tend to do. You also have this option from Devices and desire card, but the best is the ending of the The Marriage of Feducci (40 FATE) which unlocks an option for 15 RN per AP.
[spoiler]Make sure the wedding is a success to get this option[/spoiler]

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

11 days ago
If you have lots of Wine (Greyfields 1879 if I remember right, the one you cannot convert in your inventory)
You can convert those in Veilgarden's Honeydens 50 wine --> 40 honey.
Which you can convert to Romantic Notions.
50 honey --> 10 RN
500 RN needs 2500 honey, which requires 3150 Greyfields 1879. And a total of 113 AP if I'm counting correctly.
This totals about 1 day worth of AP if you spend it all on only converting (assuming you already have the required amount of Wine)
edited by Honeyaddict on 8/6/2018

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Canon
Planning on becoming a Paramount Presence and establishing a Colony in Parabola for him and his friends.
Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of Like some items or some beasts

Please send me a calling card (or letter) first in Fallen London, I will accept most social interactions. (Photographer only if it's a dupe, else not.) I do enjoy RPing ingame, cheers!
0 link
MrUnderhill89
MrUnderhill89

11 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
You can farm honey and upconvert; I think that's what most people tend to do.

"Doing the decent thing" requires PoSI status, which the OP said they're still working towards. Instead, if you have access to the Empress' Court, try "Discuss philosophy whilst taking the air" under Life of the Mind. It's free (unlike wine conversion) and can be done as a non-PoSI.
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 8/6/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MrUnderhill89
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MrUnderhill77
I'll be happy to accept most social invites, but please no Affluent Photographer requests.
Also, my main account is stat-capped, so no need to send me Sackmas cards this year, though I'll happily send them if asked.
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

11 days ago
MrUnderhill89 wrote:

Doing the decent thing&quot requires PoSI status, which the OP said they're still working towards. Instead, if you have access to the Empress' Court, try &quotDiscuss philosophy whilst taking the air&quot under Life of the Mind. It's free (unlike wine conversion) and can be done as a non-PoSI.
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 8/6/2018

If you use this (more efficient) manner you'll only need about 103 action points instead of 113

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Canon
Planning on becoming a Paramount Presence and establishing a Colony in Parabola for him and his friends.
Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of Like some items or some beasts

Please send me a calling card (or letter) first in Fallen London, I will accept most social interactions. (Photographer only if it's a dupe, else not.) I do enjoy RPing ingame, cheers!
0 link
Aardvark
Aardvark

9 days ago
Of note, if you are able/willing to pay Fate, the best way to grind Romantic Notions becomes available if you buy The Marriage of Feducci and help the couple go through with the marriage as opposed to disrupting it.

The story costs 35 Fate, is available on the Fate tab to non-POSIs as well and doesn't take too much time to finish. If you go this route and wish to achieve the ending which gives you a way to grind 15 Romantic Notions per action, I suggest you peruse the thread dealing with this Fate-locked story, as it is possible (though currently not that likely if you are paying attention) to accidently sabotage the wedding even if you don't want to do so.

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
+1 link