Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Another Update on the FL Site Redesign Messages in this topic - RSS

Flyte
Flyte
Administrator

8 days ago
It's been a few weeks since I last posted about the FL site redesign. At the time, I talked a bit about the performance problems we saw when we put the site live, and our intent to fix them before rolling it out again. We thought it was time to let you know where we're now up to.

Since then, we've done a lot of work on the performance issues and we think the redesign is now in a good place in that respect – although it's hard to be completely certain of that without making it available to a large number of players, it's holding up well under load testing. While we've been working on that, we've also fixed quite a few of the bugs people reported and made some other improvements.

Before we put the site live again, we're going to spend some more time looking at some of the other issues that accompanied the launch, like branches not displaying and the issue we had with sign ups. We think the high frequency with which they occurred was a consequence of the performance problems, but they have a large impact on players when they do occur, so we've decided to spend some more time investigating them with a view to addressing the underlying causes.

Thank you all for being so supportive while we've been working on this – we'll post another update when we have more news.
+23 link
dov
dov

8 days ago
Thanks for the update! Take your time.

Let us know if/when you'd like a bigger tester pool.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+7 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

8 days ago
Thanks so much for the update! I'm really eager for the relaunch, as the new site is far superior to the legacy site from a mobile device perspective. I'm happy to participate in testing again should you need additional resources there.

J-
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7 days ago
Best of luck to all of you!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, permanently ink stained under the lace... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3 days ago
Sorry for asking multiple times and this time more blunt, but will there be any chances to see De Gustibus?

It'll be a pity to waste such a drink while Looking on the Zee or for him to pop right after!

Let me just throw this here http://www.monkeyuser.com/2018/unfinished-work/

Best of luck with your bugs, delicious!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Siegron
Siegron

1 days ago
Cheers and best of luck!

--
Kid Nullman, an ambitious seeker and cheery canon. It is hard to accept its masochistic ways as a whole, but it is a kind and magnamous gentleperson.
The Dazzling Sequencer
, a lethal gentleman who openly gets into fist fights and duels with those who talk bad of his much appreciated mechanical sun he once glimpsed.
Monsieur Kerzenfeuer, a smiling bohemian of ill intent. His obsession with love stories is only to be paralleled with the one of the Masters, who he adores.
The Incognito Shambler, a malignant individual who is infamous for being subtle, laconic, avaricious and callous; not to mention its odd connection with the revolutionaries...Is that a tentacle under those drapes?
+1 link