Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

Election 1897 Candidates Messages in this topic - RSS

Wilhelm Leibniz III
Wilhelm Leibniz III

7/2/2018
They say it is never to early to start talking about the next election. Just for fun, who would you like to see running?

Personally I would like to see Mr Pages, since he is the only Master adorkable enough to run, as part of some latest plan for love storys.
I would also like to see His Amused Lordship. Because it's His Amused Lordship.

--
Wilhelm Leibniz III, Glassman, Hearts Desire
+5 link
incerteza
incerteza

7/2/2018
Haha, just imagine how annoyed the Contrarian would be when Mr Pages wins and gets the Constables back.
+7 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

7/2/2018
I will continue to advocate for the Topsy King. There is no better goden you could have as mayor.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+8 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

7/2/2018
I still think Miriam Plenty would make a great Mayor. She's tough, wise, and we know from the longevity of the Carnival that she knows how to manage people and run things.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+9 link
Wilhelm Leibniz III
Wilhelm Leibniz III

7/2/2018
No love for Pages? He is so endearing though. He's like a giant dork who tries to compliment you on your carpet smile

I mean...he TRIES. Whenever he interacts with people well...he tries! And it would endearing to watch him try to talk to people running for Mayor.
edited by Wilhelm Leibniz III on 7/2/2018

--
Wilhelm Leibniz III, Glassman, Hearts Desire
+4 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

7/2/2018
I still stand by my desire to see His Amused Lordship throw his hat into the ring. Behind that fluffy beard and amicable smile, there's a world of intrigue involved with his character. Let's put the man in office and set a course South!

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+7 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

7/2/2018
As I do every year, I aggressively support the candidacy of the esteemed Doctor Carrywell. A natural philosopher of skill and renown, a master of the Neath's mysteries, and a subtle and conniving actor on the political stage. Sure, she's not especially popular or charismatic, but she's got a certain rough-edged charm and a passion for good coffee, which ought to endear her to the university crowd. There's no captain who could set a surer course for London's enlightenment.

• --
    The Uncanny Hierophant.
  • +4 link
    Nudraxon
    Nudraxon

7/2/2018
    Is there any law that prevents non-humans from running? I doubt it, since they let Slowcakes run. If not, I would totally support the Patchwork Rat for mayor. He'd probably implement a Neathy version of the Purge (mandatory Knife-and-Candle games?), and would finally put those horrendous creatures known as cats in their place. However, I'm not sue running for elected office would be his style.

Other than that, I'd support Mr. Sacks. Who doesn't want it to be Sackmas every day?
    edited by Nudraxon on 7/13/2018
    +2 link
    Lady Sapho Byron
    Lady Sapho Byron

7/2/2018
    Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
    Why constrain thy ruling might
    To the Court of the Wakeful Eye?
    Give thee London politics a try!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
    Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
    +12 link
    Anne Auclair
    Anne Auclair

7/2/2018
    Mr. Slowcake was exceptional fun, but he wasn't the Great Game candidate that I was hoping for. Surveying London, the only well established Great Game character with the cover story to run for Mayor would be Mr Clathermont. So how about we nominate him?

Also, I think the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner deserves a second shot.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair

Liberate London from the Anodyne Menace! Vote the Princess!
    +5 link
    Aberrant Eremite
    Aberrant Eremite

7/2/2018
    Nudraxon wrote:
    Is there any law that prevents non-humans from running? I doubt it, since they let Slowcakes run. If not, I would totally support the Patchwork Rat for mayor. He'd probably implement a Neathy version of the Purge (mandatory Knife-and-Candle games?), and would finally put those horrendous creatures known as cats in their place. However, I'm not sure running for elected office would be his style.

Well, I've been on the record in favor of giving our Little Brothers the vote for a long time. But it's already a tough sell. Aside from sheer human bigotry, you'd have London's substantial pro-cat votership to deal with, and yeah, Patches isn't much of a public speaker.

Yet ... I have been longing for the Albino Rat to run, but I'm afraid that the pressures of the campaign might be a bit much for her. But as a team, they'd complement one another's weaknesses beautifully. She brings the eloquence, sophistication, high-mindedness; he brings the fire, the passion that comes from having hit rock bottom and being repeatedly stomped while he was down there, the stubbornness to keep fighting no matter how bad the odds look.

Oh, they'd quarrel and despair of one another all the time, but they'd come to respect one another and work as a team. Could love possibly bloom between such rats of distinctly opposite character? Stop me before I write this up for Mr. Pages' Fabularities!

--
    Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
    Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
    Telemachia Lee: Gentle lady by birth, brawling Docker by choice. Good company in the drunk tank.
    +4 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

7/2/2018
    Nudraxon wrote:
    Is there any law that prevents non-humans from running? I doubt it, since they let Slowcake run.

They let Slowcake of Slowcake's Exceptionals run, not a committee of devils. We doubt latter would have flown.

--
    S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
    +5 link
    Rhode Wardwado
    Rhode Wardwado

7/2/2018
    I'm gonna repeat the idea that someone wrote a few months ago, of three urchins in a trench coat running for mayor.

--
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Rhode%20Wardwado
    +11 link
    LadyGrayRose
    LadyGrayRose

7/2/2018
    I, for one, would love to see the Northbound Parliamentarian throw a hat (or seven...) into the ring.

--
    Kalitha Duskenmoore — Accepting most social interactions.
    Miza de Leon — Seeker | Accepting all social interactions, dupes included.
    +10 link
    yetanotherone
    yetanotherone

7/2/2018
    Dudebro Pyro wrote:
    I will continue to advocate for the Topsy King. There is no better goden you could have as mayor.

Hah, yeah, my second choice for sure.

Lettice is my first pick though. "bastards bastards bastards - where was I?".

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/AncientDrunkard
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ModernDrunkard
    +4 link
    Jolanda Swan
    Jolanda Swan

7/2/2018
    His Amused Lordship

The Bethlehem Manager

The Soft-Hearted Widow

The Bishop of St Fiacre

Ms Plenty

The Northbound Parliamentarian

Mr Huffam

The Duchess

--
    Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
    http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
    +3 link
    Greg M
    Greg M

7/3/2018
    @Jolanda Swan: The Bethlehem Manager--YES. But only if he runs as A Merry Gentleman. SLOGAN: You'll see him in your dreams...

I want to see some non-humans run:
    a) The Rubbery Entrepreneur
    b) A CLAY MAN WITH AN UNCOOPERATIVE REPUTATION
    c) The Brass Embassy could get a lot farther with the Statuesque Brass Ambassador.
    d) One of the Court of the Wakeful Eye ambassadors. (SLOGAN: "I am a tiger. Are YOU a tiger?)
    e) @yetanotherone: Yes to Lettice or any other Mercy.
    f) The Maid on Hunter's Keep
    g) A WINGS OF THUNDER-BAT
    h) Haven't met the Patchwork Rat, but I like it already.
    edited by GregM on 7/3/2018

--
    Profile: GregM.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/GregM

Available for any non-harmful social interactions. NOT the next Mayor of London. Fraud, I say, FRAUD!
    +6 link
    Dudebro Pyro
    Dudebro Pyro

7/3/2018
    The worst thing would be if the Topsy King and His Amused Lordship ran in the same year. I would have to choose between the two and that would be horrible.
    edited by Dudebro Pyro on 7/3/2018

--
    Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
    For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
    +7 link
    Strawbreevee
    Strawbreevee

7/3/2018
    Wilhelm Leibniz III wrote:
    They say it is never to early to start talking about the next election. Just for fun, who would you like to see running?

Personally I would like to see Mr Pages, since he is the only Master adorkable enough to run, as part of some latest plan for love storys.

Yeeessssss. MR PAGES for MAYOR 1897! "We shall turn this anderushig of a city into the most jokalsdi!"

--
    ??? "Strawbreevee" Lights, a campaigner, royalty, and in possession of a nice diamond.
    Northe Lights (neé White), Pickpocket, Neath native, and oh, so hungry
    The Nameless PoSI: A challenge to become a PoSI without ever progessing the 'Make Your Name' storylets. Definitely not a snuffer
    ---
    Accepting all requests except for dupes of all kinds. May take a while for me to respond.
    ---
    VICTORY FOR THE JC!
    +3 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

7/3/2018
    I'm going to nominate Virginia, the Bishop of St Fiacre, and Monsieur Pleat when the thread goes up. Not as a trio - I don't think they'd be very balanced together - but any of the three would promise an interesting mayoral story for me to look forward to.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
    +4 link