Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 11/06/2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

7 days ago
I hope anyone in the same part of the world as I enjoyed the Queen's Birthday public holiday - and that those in other parts of the world enjoy the Queen's Birthday on the date or dates, if any, decreed to be her birthday there. (I understand that in the High Wilderness, Queen's Birthdays are printed in bulk and issued to her supporters.) In any case, here's this week's quick questions thread!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
+1 link
vinceren
vinceren

7 days ago
Is the option to get a Cellar of Wine in the fourth coil of the Labyrinth of Tigers Fate-locked? If not, which branch should I be taking to get a Cellar?

--
Vinceren, Crooked-Cross, Light-Fingered.
Vindicta, Midnighter, Dueling a Nemesis.
Viratrix, Correspondent, Seeking a Heart's Desire.
Venitor, Rat-Catcher, Hunting a Legend.
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

7 days ago
You can get Cellars of Wine by turning in a Hound of Heaven. This is not Fate-locked, but it does take rather a lot of actions. Note that it's not just breeding the beast, you have to have one on hand and then there's an option to turn it over.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
+2 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

7 days ago
Upconverting Broken Giant with church favours produces five at a time, if you're in a rush...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jermion
0 link
millea
millea

6 days ago
Is there any other way to become Closest To: Criminals other than the opportunity cards? Seems like that option is forever locked to me, since I took the wrong path during Family & Law..

--
Elvira Blake, the Pariah's Doctor.
Anne Meredith, the Disfigured Captain.
+1 link
suinicide
suinicide

6 days ago
Yes, I believe tou have locked yourself out of becoming closest: criminals.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Barse
Barse

6 days ago
I'm pretty sure you should be able to switch to Closest To: Criminals - no matter what I think the branch remains open with the Blind Bruiser presiding over your oath-swearing.

Have you made sure that you've got a Use of Villains and cut your ties to your old Closest To?

Edit: Whose side were you on? The one thing I can think of is that if [spoiler] you were on the Last Constable's side and the Cheery Man died,[/spoiler] you might be able to be locked out? If so, then that's a rough one!
edited by Barse on 6/12/2018

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
0 link
millea
millea

6 days ago
Yup, the option that's specifically grayed-out is my Family & Law alignment - I chose the Last Constable early on before I had my character fully figured out and have progressed past the point you could switch before the update hit. The Cheery Man is doing fine & dandy, however.

If it really means I'm locked out for good then that's... a huge bummer, I suppose.

--
Elvira Blake, the Pariah's Doctor.
Anne Meredith, the Disfigured Captain.
0 link
genesis
genesis

6 days ago
It *might* be worth dropping a line to support? It's *possible* that this was a combination that slipped through the cracks unintentionally...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
+1 link
Ixc
Ixc

6 days ago
Where do we get drinking water in the Neath?

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon. Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

6 days ago
Why would you want to drink water? This is the nineteenth century; Neath wine is cheap, abundant, and less typhoid-ridden.

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+4 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

6 days ago
Mildly hallucinogenic at times, but some consider that a plus.

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
+1 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

6 days ago
Presumably they get water from wells. Wells really oughtn't work, given the giant saltwater sea nearby and no freshwater sources like rain, but oh well.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
+1 link
Greg M
Greg M

5 days ago
Is there any current way to get the 1,560 echo item "A Sealed Copy of the Crimson Book"? Per the wiki, if you had a Vial of Masters' Blood, you could trade it in for the book on the A Particular Day in the Neath: "De Gustibus" event, which is now...retired. Say it ain't so? Is there any other way? (Ihope to some day complete the "get all eight 1560-echo items" challenge on the FL achievement chart.)

--
Profile: GregM.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/GregM

GregM: Think about writing his name in for Mayor. It'll be a moral victory!

GregM write-in for Mayor '96: Not a soul-eating creature. Or Satan. Or a contrarian.
+1 link
Barse
Barse

5 days ago
Greg M wrote:
Is there any current way to get the 1,560 echo item "A Sealed Copy of the Crimson Book"? Per the wiki, if you had a Vial of Masters' Blood, you could trade it in for the book on the A Particular Day in the Neath: "De Gustibus" event, which is now...retired. Say it ain't so? Is there any other way? (Ihope to some day complete the "get all eight 1560-echo items" challenge on the FL achievement chart.)

Unfortunately there is currently no other way!

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5 days ago
Greg M wrote:

Probably after elections I'll throw my M's B down the well, but will try to rush to get one back. Just keep a vial *just in case*!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
dov
dov

5 days ago
millea wrote:
Yup, the option that's specifically grayed-out is my Family & Law alignment - I chose the Last Constable early on before I had my character fully figured out and have progressed past the point you could switch before the update hit. The Cheery Man is doing fine & dandy, however.

If it really means I'm locked out for good then that's... a huge bummer, I suppose.

Even before the continuation (and completion) of the Family and Law storyline, that option has always been locked if you've sided with the Constable over the Cheery Man.

The only change I'm aware of is that if you complete the storyline and the Cheer Man dies, you get some different text (but you still need to have sided with him originally).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Bitty
Bitty

3 days ago
Is there a good way to grind searing enigmas?

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

3 days ago
You get them monthly from Trade Secrets. There's also the Cave of the Nadir, which gives them on two separate cards (end of battles and where did the rosers go). Expeditions occasionally uncover them too. Finally there's heists, though with the nerf to 5% chance of getting one it's not really worth it anymore.

Manufacturing them at the university is a bad idea unless you're desperate.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

3 days ago
If you're at the content boundary for the Dilmun Club, that's one pay-out for Tribute.

Other than that, all the ways of obtaining Enigmas are expensive, or highly luck-dependent. Or expensive and luck-dependent. Or dangerous, while still being expensive and/or luck-dependent.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link