Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Fallen London Website Redesign Now Live Messages in this topic - RSS

Μαρσ
Μαρσ

6/19/2018
Daedalus_Falk wrote:
I'd like to say that I also miss the "Who Else is Here" section - I met a lot of other players by seeing them there, and it makes the world feel a lot more populated.

I've just noticed that also the 'suggest a contact' button at the 'send a calling card' is gone. It may have been less popular than 'who else is here', but now both options for meeting a random, active player are gone. I want at least one of the options back.

For the rest of the design I think they are doing a good job at Failbetter Games. I have participated in the 2nd closed beta wave and seeing the improvements from that point makes me confident that they have read and considered all feedback up to now. For playing on my small smartphone the site is already an improvement to Storynexus. If those d___ed performance issues are solved, I would be content with making the switch on my laptop too.

--
🦇🐀🐈🎩
Feel free to invite me for any kind of social action.

Profile:
Μαρσ
+4 link
Aestrith
Aestrith

6/20/2018
elderfleur wrote:
Aestrith wrote:
Im not sure if it is the right place to ask, but.
I really like the new design, and i'd like to download all the headers and the map. the latter is done, but is there the map without icons of locations? looked through the HTML-code, nothing is there. Help?
Here's a rather large version, which is conveniently wallpaper-ish sized.

Thank you very much!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aestrith
0 link
johncmd
johncmd

15 days ago
I like the faster responsiveness. The lost of mouseover is a step backwards for desktop use and eats up most of the delicious snappiness of the new interface. Before I could quickly mouse over a card to see what it is (zero clicks), and play the card with a single click. Now distinguishing between visually similar cards takes a click, and playing the card takes two clicks (and a drag of the mouse to a button in a different area of the screen). This behaviour clearly has advantages for touch devices that don't mouseover, but could we bring back (or have an option for) the old behaviour on desktop browsers?
0 link
spamwebster
spamwebster

15 days ago
  • Why can't I have my talkative ratus faber on my mantlepiece? He was there to entertain guests.
  • 0 link
    Kharsirr Lynx
    Kharsirr Lynx

15 days ago
    johncmd wrote:
    I like the faster responsiveness. The lost of mouseover is a step backwards for desktop use and eats up most of the delicious snappiness of the new interface. Before I could quickly mouse over a card to see what it is (zero clicks), and play the card with a single click. Now distinguishing between visually similar cards takes a click, and playing the card takes two clicks (and a drag of the mouse to a button in a different area of the screen). This behaviour clearly has advantages for touch devices that don't mouseover, but could we bring back (or have an option for) the old behaviour on desktop browsers?

Hm. Mouseovers are working just fine for me. Maybe expand your browser window?

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
    0 link
    Vega
    Vega

14 days ago
    johncmd wrote:
    I like the faster responsiveness. The lost of mouseover is a step backwards for desktop use and eats up most of the delicious snappiness of the new interface.

Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
    Hm. Mouseovers are working just fine for me. Maybe expand your browser window?

The browser size detection is a little wonky. Browsing FL on my desktop PC (screen 1920 x 1050) shows card mouseovers as normal, whereas browsing FL on my laptop (screen 1366 x 768), even with a max-sized browser, gives the same issue as johncmd - doesn't show mouseovers and I have to click on the card for them to pop up. I'm not sure whether this can be resolved on my end, since my browser is at max size and all other websites show normally on my laptop, so I'm just living with it.

Probably worth filing a bug report, though.
    edited by Vega on 10/4/2018

--
    The Shifty Spectre and The Jaunty Mystic.
    Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay.
    0 link
    GuesssWho
    GuesssWho

13 days ago
    FFS, why isn't there an option to use the old design?

--
    DO you recall how the Hunger began?
    I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
    FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
    I think I'll go Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
    --The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
    -1 link
    Ragnar Degenhand
    Ragnar Degenhand

13 days ago
    One good thing about the map and the tiny location circles -- plenty of room for new places! Maybe we'll get some...
    Incidentally, I don't know about anyone else, but my Lodgings look as if they're somewhere near Shoreditch or even Aldgate. Seriously?

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragnar%Degenhand
    0 link
    Jolanda Swan
    Jolanda Swan

13 days ago
    I just played A Polite Invitation on my smartphone and... I am not doing that again. I did not mind the separation between Always and Sometimes before, but in cases like that, when you have both options and cards, it was awful.

--
    Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
    +1 link