Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Save file screw-up during docking Messages in this topic - RSS

gryffilion
gryffilion

5/30/2018
So I was just about to try docking at Hideaway when my computer froze up (for reasons unrelated to the game). I waited a few minutes and then my computer said that Windows had stopped responding and was shutting down, so I turned off my computer and rebooted. When I started the game back up, the loading screens were all normal but the game itself just showed an almost-blank screen, with only a quarter of the screen showing a featureless seascape.

My thought is, the game encountered some kind of error in whatever the program language version of a docking sequence is. Has anyone ever had a similar problem and/or would they know where to find the docking location in the save file? I was thinking that if I could just change whatever that script is to something the game ecognizes, it would put me back at the port without me having to restart the entire game. upset
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

6/1/2018
Outright changing your location in the game world is very tricky. You might, however, be able to just copy all your qualities onto a new save file. (You would probably lose some things like your current ship though, so would need to add in money to re-buy it.)

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

For the holiday season, send me Christmas Cards for sips of Cider! Fogscapes with Tentacles strongly preferred.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link